Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)
  • Mint Sauce to Singletrack Petition
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Why hasn't this happened already?

wwaswas

Because Jo said he'd rather stop drawing Mint than have him in stw and because Mark said they coudln't afford him anyway?

nasher
    Free Member

Mint has been on MBUK since it has more or less started….

so why break the tradition?

also I like MBUK as it has a lot of info on the whole spectrun of MTB, ok it can be childish at times but hey… in most people's eyes MTB'ing is childish anyway!!!

AndyRT
    Free Member

oh…

<gets coat and picks up a man size box of hankies and walks out into the cold, dark night>

akira

Does STW need a strip? It's not that common among magazines to have a cartoon, I remember one of the other magazines had a cartoon strip that was awful. This was about fifteen years ago and can't remember the magazine, now defunct I believe.
    MS in STW would be god but obviously not going to happen.

hora
    Free Member

I love Mint Sauce. Didnt quite 'get it' before. Then it clicked 😀

Padowan
    Free Member

[/reminisce on] I remember reading my first Mint Sauce cartoon in a 1988 edition of "Bicycle Action", long before the likes of MBUK appeared on the scene! [/reminisce off]

AndyRT
    Free Member

OK, so Jo doesn't want to do Mint for STW, but maybe there could be space for…

Son of Mint?

bigyinn
    Free Member

AndyRT – Member
    oh…

<gets coat and picks up a man size box of hankies and walks out into the cold, dark night>
    What time zone are you in??

AndyRT
    Free Member

I was being dramatic

bassspine
    Free Member

<whispers> I quite like Mint Sauce where it is. Mubbuk isn't that bad, it does cover all the events, not just hippityhoppity and down'illing </w>

jackthedog
    Free Member

Mint Sauce is for grown ups. MBUK isn't.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

Love Mint Sauce but haven't bought MBUK for about 10 years! I'm waiting for the book.

AndyRT
    Free Member

jackthedog – Member
    Mint Sauce is for grown ups. MBUK isn't.

My point exactly

JoB
    Free Member

what (stalker)wwaswas(/stalker) said

wwaswas

"(stalker)wwaswas(/stalker)"

well, as long as it doesn't involve having to visit Southwick 😉

Pook

Why's that Jo? (the not having it in ST thing?)

Also Jo, is there anywhere I can get a decent printof the 20th anniversary poster that went out with MBUKsometime last year?

I've got that in a frame but it's all creased from the mag

aracer
    Free Member

I'd always assumed because then MS would have to get a mortgage, kids, an Octavia diesel estate and spend his time arguing about bad driving on internet forums rather than actually going riding.

chakaping
    Free Member

MBUK is good. Mint Sauce fits well in it.

It'd be a bit smug in ST, plus what aracer said.

ourmaninthenorth

rather than actually going riding

Er, is he doing any actual riding?

People who want Mint Sauce in STW are just middle aged men dreaming about their halcyon days when MBUK was it, and purple lycra and a matching fleece were considered normal MTBing-wear.

I like JoB's style (as and when I recognize it), and particularly enjoy his contributions to Rouleur.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I could never understand Mint Sauce

john_l
    Free Member

QED

glenh
    Free Member

LOL

JoB
    Free Member

"Why's that Jo? (the not having it in ST thing?)"

any reason for me to move to ST would be the same reason for me deciding to stop, amongst a whole host of other whys and wherefores too tedious to go into here

and i'd love to do a decent print of the 20th anniversary poster, they royally f***ed up the colour on that, and it should have sat nicely in a field of white paper, heyho

and what john_l said

aracer
    Free Member

and what john_l said

Nearly posted 😆 when he said it.

Now really 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Pook

Shame- is there a print quality pdf of it available at all? GFs dad is a printer

JoB
    Free Member

errrrrr, i have a photo

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've just studied about 8 different Mint Sauces and realised that I really don't understand what they're about!

edit: Perhaps it's a Garfield/Dilbert thing – I've never managed to read a whole Garfield strip without my attention wandering, but have been glued to Dilbert 🙂

Pook

that'll do!

JoB
    Free Member

Dilbert strips are typically only three panels long, Garfield's can run to 5 or 6 and a Mint cartoon can have at least a good dozen to read, i think i can see the problem

gilchrist222
    Free Member

People always pretend they got into Mint Sauce years ago just like people pretend to have met JMC or seen him racing.

Boring.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i think i can see the problem

yeah, far too long winded 🙁

JoB
    Free Member

or is it because Mint Sauce only has at most 4 riders in it?

Andituk
    Free Member

Some of them I don't get, but some just really strike a chord.

I've got Just Killing Time stuck on my wall here at work, something about it just makes me smile.

joolsburger
    Free Member

People always pretend they got into Mint Sauce years ago just like people pretend to have met JMC or seen him racing.

Boring.

Or maybe some of us are just getting on a bit and really did used to buy the mag in the 90's and rode bikes?
    When I started it were all fields etc etc.

coogan
    Free Member

I never read them.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

or is it because Mint Sauce only has at most 4 riders in it?

close, I'm not a cat person so I don't understand Garfield
    and I'm not a sheep person so I don't understand Mint Sauce
    however I'm not a dog person but Dogbert is hilarious …

BTW Scott Adams claims he just redraws Garfield with his own characters 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

Respect due to JoB for having the skill to capture what mucking about on bikes, stopping for long enough to get smacked in the face by the beauty of where you're effort has got you, and how it brings a smile to your face as soon as the 'can't be ar£3d' gremlins have been squashed back into the box they came out of.

I have to know… Is summer based on a real person you know?

+ 1 for the reprint of the anniversary poster without the creases!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Respect due to JoB for having the skill to capture what mucking about on bikes, stopping for long enough to get smacked in the face by the beauty of where you're effort has got you, and how it brings a smile to your face

oh, is that it ?

Tiger6791

WTF is 'Mint Sauce'???

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Mint Sauce to Singletrack Petition’ is closed to new replies.