Home Forums Bike Forum michelin wild enduro vs maxxis dhf/dhr2 combo

• This topic has 42 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by argee.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • michelin wild enduro vs maxxis dhf/dhr2 combo
  • ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

I switched from Minions DHF/DHR combo to Michelin WEs about 4 years ago and will never go back to Maxxis… The Michelin’s blow the Maxxis out of the water on all fronts for me. I run them on 25mm rims with inserts and can’t remember the last time I punctured. I ride 2 to 3 times a week and a pair usually lasts about a year….. I do swap the rear out for a semi slick if it get dry enough.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind to try DHR2 front and rear in DD or DH casing. I have this weird kink about running the same tyre on both wheels, God knows why.

Anyway, for people looking for thread durability, I’d look into the Continental Kaisers in Blackchilly compound. Never tried them but most reviews and users reckon that their thread life is remarkable.

argee

My main wheels have 2.6 magic mary supergravity’s fitted, work well all year round, can be a bit slippy in real dusty stuff, also have other wheels with lighter tyres, front is a wild enduro 2.6 and although it has a similar tread to MMs, they are a bit more shaped and less useful in winter, the big thing that puts me off doing much with the wild enduro is the sidewalls feel very flexy and light, something i’m not a huge fan off when hitting bike parks and so on.

Reality is they are lighter tyres on lighter wheels, to make the enduro a bit more trail when i want to do that type of thing, also have a DHF 2.5 sat there, but will probably swap to that when the weather shifts next year into spring.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘michelin wild enduro vs maxxis dhf/dhr2 combo’ is closed to new replies.