Home Forums Chat Forum Metal spark from grinder in eye

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Metal spark from grinder in eye
  • dashed
    Free Member

How’s the eye this morning OP? All good or regretting not taking all the advice above about getting it checked??

FB-ATB

I got a wood splinter from walking up stairs as wife put a new plastic bag in a Round rattan Bin. Black right in the white bit.
    That ended in a headlock and a stick with a pad poking session, after the previous Comedic session with little trolley Table head Clamp thing wasn’t working as I’d instinctively back up.

Maybe I’m being thick but can someone explain what the above means / provide the decryption key?

And this:

Man up I once got my eyeball slashed and peeled back like an onion then I smelt the burning for 30 seconds still didn’t tell them where it was stashed

??

stevextc
    Free Member

I had some mild steel a couple of weeks ago and a stack of neodymium magnets got it out.
    ** I really should get a mask as I was wearing glasses as I can’t see that well with goggles**

footflaps

Had it been a metal working lathe, different story I imagine.

Had a school friend (who probably had the MSTN gene mutation for unconstrained muscle growth as he looked like a body builder at 14 and never lifted a weight) whose party trick was to grab the chuck on a metal lathe whilst it was spinning at several 100 rpm and unscrew it with his bare hands.

derek_starship
    Free Member

There was a vid of a Chinese worker being pulled into a paper mill a few years ago by his hand.

I’ve been into several paper mills and came out without a scratch.

I wouldn’t want to go into a paper machine though.

mudmuncher

How’s the eye this morning OP? All good or regretting not taking all the advice above about getting it checked??

Eye feels fine, I’m 95% sure I’ve got away with it. I’ve looked really carefully in both eyes up close with a torch and I can’t see any fragments. I have looked at various YouTube videos of what grinder sparks look like if they get embedded in the eye and I think I’d be able to see them if they were there. I might still give the local eye causality clinic a call to see what they think but to be honest I’m more concerned about the Covid risk of spending time in a hospital.

Superficial
    Free Member

Scary things. Sitting in the middle of it and whats hidden under that seemingly innocuous plastic cover.

That’s CT, not MRI. Most MRI machines are just a bunch of static magnets inside. But yes it’s pretty insane how fast CT scanners spin (and how unaware you are when you’re in the room – they’re not noisy). Were anything to shake loose from the inside, arguably the safest place in the room would be the centre of the that thing!

mudmuncher

Update:- I called The hospital eye casualty clinic who referred me to a local optometrist for an initial assessment. Thankfully I’ve been given the all clear. Will definitely be wearing goggles next time!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I did this grinding the wheel arch of a car, ignored it for a few days until it started feeling worse and I was able to see it in my eye. Went to he hospital where they informed me it was imbedded in my eyeball and was forming a rusty halo and needed to be removed pronto, queue one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life. I’m terrible about anything going in or near my eyes I can’t do eye drops and have no idea how people can do contacts. So I had to rest my face in some weird sex dungeon contraption while the 4’6″ nurse called me a big baby for two and a half hours while trying to flick the shard of metal out of my eye with the tip of a syringe, it must have been several hundred times I saw that needle heading for my eye and flinched before I managed to hold still, urrgghh….

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Metal spark from grinder in eye’ is closed to new replies.