Home Forums Bike Forum Memory Map – Any alternatives?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Memory Map – Any alternatives?
  • nasher
    Free Member

Got some maps scanned (Italian ones)so would like to use with GPS and calibrated into some mapping software.

Memory map seems the obvious choice but are there any others, especially ones that are easy to calibrate a scanned map to.

also are there any that can be downloaded free?

Ciao

grahamh
    Free Member

oziexplorer[/url]

br1zz
    Free Member

Only tried with a GPS ‘phone :
    Trek buddy on your ‘phone and mobile atlas creator on your pc to create the maps.
    This allows real time positioning on a loaded map and the marking of waypoints to follow a route on the map.
    All of UK available in O.S. mapping on mobile atlas, you just select the area and scale/size required, create your map and store to phone.
    Italy – not sure but certainly open source maps or similar are available.

Or try gvSIG, a ‘phone app which can download its own maps via GPRS/Wifi, again, Italy is certainly covered by open source maps, not sure about any other mapping.

Neither requires maps to be calibrated, its all already done, though you might have to alter GPS settings to the Italian standard if I remember correctly.

Have you actually found some decent mapping of Italy to scan ??!

Ambrose

If using MOBAC make certain that you use an older version. I use 1.7 which will offer OSGB 1:25000 maps. The recent versions no longer seem to do this, the OS got wise and put the pressure on I think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map – Any alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.