Home Forums Bike Forum Man make tool

• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by igm.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Man make tool
  • igm

Finally made a headset removal tool.

1” steel tube I had in the garage, steerer tube cutting guide, hacksaw, lump hammer and a log splitter.

20 minutes later, one crude, but very effective headset remover.

No noticeable damage to either the headset cup or the head tube. Nice.

Been meaning to do that for ages.

igm

Well I was impressed.

igm

Forgot to mention filing the cuts smooth.

kayak23

It’s awesome making your own tools. Let’s have a look then.

igm

Steady on. I’ve only just learned to make a headset remover. It’ll be ten years before I can make pictures work on here.

Ambrose

I’m impressed. I’ve thought about making one of them for a while.

sirromj

What’s the last thing you made?

jamj1974

Good work.  Post a picture up when you can.  Posting a video Is much easier using YouTube is much easier IME!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Man is a Tool-using Animal (Handthierendes Thier). Weak in himself, and of small stature, he stands on a basis, at most for the flattest-soled, of some half-square foot, insecurely enough; has to straddle out his legs, lest the very wind supplant him. Feeblest of bipeds! Three quintals [hundredweights] are a crushing load for him; the steer of the meadow tosses him aloft, like a waste rag. Nevertheless he can use Tools, can devise Tools: with these the granite mountain melts into light dust before him; he kneads glowing iron, as if it were soft paste; seas are his smooth highway, winds and fire his unwearying steeds. Nowhere do you find him without Tools: without Tools he is nothing, with Tools he is all. � Thomas Carlyle,

joemmo
    Free Member

I made tool call Wang Bar. Wang is big pipe of iron alloy that goes over big FOff spanner and is used for the loosening of things that are too tight for big FOff spanner.

I also make crown race fitter tool I called Blam Pipe. Blam Pipe is plastic pipe that goes over fork and is blammed with mallet to fit headset.

Finally I make DT Swiss end cap removal tool I call Stick. Stick is a stick that I stick inside end cap and wiggle until end cap pops out on end of stick.

Tools good.

igm

I also make crown race fitter tool I called Blam Pipe. Blam Pipe is plastic pipe that goes over fork and is blammed with mallet to fit headset.

32mm waste pipe perhaps?  Soft material so it doesn’t damage anything. 👍

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Man make tool’ is closed to new replies.