• This topic has 225 replies, 128 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 226 total)
  • Long standing forum users
  • surfer
    Free Member

Met Daisy_duke in about 1998 ish who was a forum member, and joined soon after. I think I remember 2 crashes…

thehustler
    Free Member

I’ve been on here from very early days (different nameback then sssllloowww) and i still think the picolax and badger threads are 2 of the best although there was the chase trails alex one……

MrSmith
    Free Member

Who was the girl from Brighton who posted a pic of herself on her bed showing her cleavage? I don’t think she rode her bike that much and treated STW as a dating site?
    And let’s not forget the teen angst of big mike aka Mike and his crush Louisa bliggy.
    I hear they turned out to be rounded adults (according to the last thread like this a few years ago)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fred’s Friday Architecture Fread (Innit bro’).

Fred.

Virtual Pub.

So, what are we drinking?

It’s sealion’s round.

footflaps

i’ve only been around since 2005, although my original login got a lifetime ban for complaining that the forum search was bit crap, I then got a very long email from the original web developer about how hard it was to code a forum and he didn’t appreciate people criticising his work. He can’t have lasted long in web development….

NB My GF at the time was called Louise.

DrJ

The oldest memey thing I remember may be “you are a troll and I claim my five pounds”.

Holy shit, it’s even older than I thought!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud

Is that a contender in the “longest ever time to get a joke ” contest? 🙂

Drac

He can’t have lasted long in web development….

He’s still running his own hosting and web design.

footflaps

He’s still running his own hosting and web design.

Well he must have developed a thicker skin then, was the most bizarre email I’ve ever received…

deluded
    Free Member

I’ve not been here for a couple of years (first registered in 2005 before the great crash), so forgive my ignorance but did Fred ever resurface? The last I knew he’d fully blown a casket and got a perma-ban.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Big Hitting.

New generation needed.

Plus it’ll give mods something to do apart from moaning about swearing… 😉

Drac

Yup, he’s tried to get back a few times.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*waves at deluded*

Hola mofo. Hope you’re well and still bizzying. 🙂

thehustler
    Free Member

Friday Kylie anyone?

deluded
    Free Member

Ha, ha hello Deadly – how are you mate? Yeah all good – still rozzering! Been a while!

derek_starship
    Free Member

One of my first posts was like a public information film about the importance of bar-end caps. It was subsequent to an accident that caused a nasty stomach injury.

I was treated with such heartwarming compassion, I’ve been here ever since.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All good mate. Nice to hear from you. I’m working out your direction next week so will be sure to keep my head down. 😀

deluded
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out for you DD!

derek – I remember that thread – wasn’t it a bruised torso that attracted some very uncharitable comments!

derek_starship
    Free Member

“How’s the baby?”

spekkie
    Free Member

The Badger thread was one of my fav classics, but there were two others.

One was a guy who looked about 12 years old, wore glasses, in full blue “Enduro” style kit – photo was taken in his bedroom if I recall.

Second was the ginger guy who kept doing topless poses to impress us with how hard he was . . .

Whatever happened to Agony Aunt from Worthing?

thehustler
    Free Member

One was a guy who looked about 12 years old, wore glasses, in full blue “Enduro” style kit – photo was taken in his bedroom if I recall.

This was the chasetrailsalex post i mentioned earlier

surfer
    Free Member

that caused a nasty stomach injury.

I remember that, it was hilarious!

paul4stones

I remember most of these but one I’ve not seen mentioned was by the swede (I think) complaining about the lack of stand over height for his lady friend.

scotroutes

My vote for funniest thread ever would have been during the London Olympics opening ceremony. Was almost breathless between laughing and reading posts out to my Missus and daughter who were similarly in fits.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh, yeah .. the Olympics thread was something very special.

spekkie
    Free Member

Aaaah – that “bruised stomach” Pic!

cheers_drive

I’ve been on here for a while but don’t know where baby Robin comes from?
    The allotment / Israeli thread was good

SaxonRider

I don’t remember the Olympics thread. How did I miss it?

My favourite thread was the reading material in the toilet thread. It was brilliant!

The only sad part is that after someone mentioned ‘intermediate wipe’, the cat picture that someone else responded with is no longer visible.

Something like this:

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

Weirdly I’ve checked this forum pretty much every day since the early 2ks. Back then people used to correct people’s grammar on the internet… imagine. I used to contribute stupidity under various usernames a long time ago. My favourite moments include:
    – The prawn posting a link to an online “epilepsy test”
    – Blackgem – still not sure if that was a genius troll or what
    – The musings of Richard vine

scotroutes

It’s not going to be funny now 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/danny-boyle-risking-embarrassing-the-nation-the-opening-ceremony-thread

“You really had to be there…..”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Epic, actually it’s a toss up between that thread and Sudo Cat..

But you had to both Watch and be online to get the full effect..

Such fun.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s not going to be funny now

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/danny-boyle-risking-embarrassing-the-nation-the-opening-ceremony-thread

“You really had to be there…..”

Had a read back through that one…’twas a fun night. 😆

zokes
    Free Member

2003/4 for me. Whatever did happen to Ginger and Mrs Flash?

Still follow Samuri on strava.

walleater

661 / chasetrailsalex now drives an ambulance as far as I can tell from his FB news feed!

I always found the LGOM or IGOM(?) troll amusing but can’t quite remember the details any more. Something about horses in the New Forest…..

I see the whole Cannock Chase permit trolling was foreshadowing as you can now actually buy one 😀
    https://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/infd-7w5kpn

metalheart
    Free Member

According to this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-long-have-you-been-frequenting-the-forum

I stumbled across stw around 05/06, and I remember registering at a specific work place which would make it 11-12 years ago which is about right. I was having problems with hope ti skewers and someone at the bike shop told me to check out a thread on some forum….

Is that long enough to make me ‘longstanding’ ?

mudshark
    Free Member

14 12 years here.

Not seen the break in/owning with bombers thread mentioned where the OP got upset people thought it funny.

And that Kylie lady.

The whole Fruit thing was fun, told my mate who has SS wheels about the rock incident and then there were those brake pads that weren’t so useful.

The hacking – really want to know how that ended up as the hacker was found.

The rich elite (TJ?) – can’t remember the definition though but most people I know were probably included.

Oh and there was a girl who decided to post a photo of herself to prove she was pretty. Brave girl.

tjagain

Rich elite. Yes that was me. Its one of those things people do not seem able to understand and it was my reaction to someone saying (IIRC) £50 000 pa meant they were poor. I merely pointed out earning that much puts them in the richest 10% of the population. IIRC they were whinging about the 40% tax rate

emac65
    Free Member

walleater – Member 
    I see the whole Cannock Chase permit trolling was foreshadowing as you can now actually buy one

I seem to recall some bloke trying to buy one of those at Swinno’s 🙄

walleater

I seem to recall some bloke trying to buy one of those at Swinno’s

Me? I honestly can’t remember but that’s pretty funny if I did 🙂

CountZero

Not due until January 2007, we’ve plenty of time yet.

Just realised I’ve been on here over 15 years
    About 15 years for me, IIRC, some time in 2003. When I’ve got a couple of hours free I’ll wade through the Badger thread, I have fond memories of the ever-more bizarre ‘shopped photos, and gasping for breath from laughing.
    Same with Sudocat, and the Wife-fi one was a work of sublime comedy genius.
    Ah, good times… 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Whatever happened to Agony Aunt from Worthing?

She’s been very ill the last few years 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Long standing forum users’ is closed to new replies.