• This topic has 225 replies, 128 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 226 total)
  • Long standing forum users
  • Drac

I lost the archieve of the badger thread when my domain hosting got attacked. I may have a copy on a hard drive somewhere.

On the flipside, I have no idea about most of the references from the last 5-10 years

No pudding for you.

leffeboy

No pudding for you.

that’s what’s great about this stuff. Like ‘spoons’ you have no idea what is going to stick next

lowey

Not a long term member but the thread got my forum memories going and recalled Richie McCoy/Mr Freeride UK and his legendary orange boiler suit (did he use to post on bikeradar?)

Not really funny in the end when it finally dawned on everyone he had AS. some posters over on BM went straight to hell.

42, on the other hand was hilarious.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

I have the same Vandal tshirt that Elbry is wearing in that thread, iirc it was his own ‘brand’. Must be 15 years old now, still wear it…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Certain thread that resulted in this 😀

(substitute greyed out word with something rude).

kcal

GoFar.
    nods also.

When the forum used to show who was logged in at any given moment.. 😉

theotherjonv

flapjackie burned very bright for a short while (nearly made a come back a few weeks ago)

Sudocrem cat is my all time favourite. How old is little miss SC now and does she still wave her union jack in emergencies?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

“I owned him with some Bombers”

matt_outandabout

Hora is currently in Germany

How many Cube’s has he owned now?

‘Smuggling ducks’ where someone’s kid went to school and first day asked teacher to ‘pull my finger…’

Sudocreme cat
    Badger
    Picolax

Who was the ‘semi pro’ Albry something or other…?

Sui
    Free Member

what was the 661 kid – i think that started on Choccyfoot, but had a good go on here – or was that MrFreeride??

spacemonkey

I heard the blue is better than the red…

I heard Surf Matt absolutely smashed the black run. He didn’t once boast about it though.

ChrisL

I’ve been here (quietly) for 15 years. Not back as far as GoFar but it still feels like a fair old time.

The oldest memey thing I remember may be “you are a troll and I claim my five pounds”. Which may well have been said on:

emac65 – Member
    The star nut stuck in my carbon steerer thread was a good ‘un too

That was dan or beer, wasn’t it? Back when you could just type in any username for each post so trolling was very simple indeed. One of them was quite funny, the other one mainly tried to get people to click on links to disgusting web sites. I can’t remember which one was which any more.

funkynick

Did anyone ever find out if there was a cure for brittle knees?

garage-dweller

That penguin/pump picture is one of my favourite ever pictures on here.

garage-dweller

Nearly 9 years on the post hack forum and a good year or two before that I reckon. 😯

I know a few people I know are on here but I think there is only one who I’m fairly sure I know who they are.

BlobOnAStick

I have Mrs Toast’s rainbow/spokeydokey image stored somewhere. It still makes me giggle uncontrollably.

NZCol

I’m from GoFar days as well and all it serves to do is remind me I am old !
    Badger, surfmatt, mint sauce, being able to ask brant about your order, the hack, the hamsters, bullhearts first postings. Picolax of course. Mumsnet, hora, tj when he was overtly Arthur scargill. Ah, I am old.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have Mrs Toast’s rainbow/spokeydokey image stored somewhere. It still makes me giggle uncontrollably.

Photoshop threads are always a treat, and among the treats they produce, that was perhaps the pinnacle!

Junkyard
    Free Member

It really was can someone please post it up

Drac

Houns

2003 vintage me.

Ah yes, the Cannock Chase permit, so many asking about it. LukeB’s many threads. Wasn’t it slackalice who was the 661 pyjama boy? So many others

Ahhhhh bricks and planks for ramps, isn’t it, wasn’t it , marveeellous

Waderider
    Free Member

Anyone else remember Ryans BMW M5? Been on since 1999 I think.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a newb compared to you lot. 5 years and counting down the days.

Sadly the days of endless architecture threads have disappeared, post a theme and let it roll.
    Some personalities have sadly left, some reset themselves yet return to type.

Some hilarious threads have lightened my day, don’t really know about the old days but understand to some they still instill wonderment.

But it’s all gone a bit shit since the Brexit vote, divided and secular personal traits have tainted and blur over the good time before the vote.

mrblobby
    Free Member

“Improving wife signal in house” was a good one (here).

Oh and the guy who brought a disc rotor from Merlin (here).

Only 4 and 3 years though, seems longer.

Edit… Jenson Button and his Yeti.

And…

funkmasterp

I’m a noob, only been hanging around since 2012 🙁 there have been some funny threads in that time though

Drac

But it’s all gone a bit shit since the Brexit vote, divided and secular personal traits have tainted and blur over the good time before the vote.

It hasn’t unless you visit that awful thread.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    2003 vintage me.

Ah yes, the Cannock Chase permit, so many asking about it. LukeB’s many threads. Wasn’t it slackalice who was the 661 pyjama boy? So many others

Ahhhhh bricks and planks for ramps, isn’t it, wasn’t it , marveeellous

You still want your stem cap hounsy?…. 😆

15yrs vintage here……. Luke’s slightly used energy bar was one of the best…. The ‘other’ forum that produced so many cool rides and meets.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Much though it pains me to agree with FunSponge Drac, he’s right.

Drac

😆

jonba
    Free Member

I think I joined at uni way back in 2002. Changed usernames in one of the great crashes. Was introduced to the place by Fruit who was a friend at uni – before he was the infamous bike components mogul he became.

Really came into its own around 2006 when I moved to Somerset and met up with Dibbs, Sharkie and Knottie off of here to get shown all the “secret” stuff.

I miss the brief fun where we were allowed to tag threads… I tihnk only special people can now.

simondbarnes

First heard about ST and the forum when I went to the first SITS back in 2001. Joined the forum a bit after then iirc. Most of the people I now count as friends were met through the forum BITD. Even Drac!

scotroutes

I tihnk only special people can now.

You need a P

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a Chrome extension, FunSponge Drac. Pretty good, isn’t it?

Drac

Even Drac!

Back when I was fun though.

simondbarnes

Back when I was fun though.

Very good point indeed

dirtyboy

Panracer smoke and dart

bikebouy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Much though it pains me to agree with FunSponge Drac, he’s right.

You missed off the “IMO”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It hasn’t unless you visit that awful thread.

Awful!?! It’s comedy gold and we only keep it going to see what happens if 1000 pages is like the Millenium Bug.

Nearly there…..

scotroutes

9th August 2005. I still have the registration email.

Drac

10th August 2005 Scotroute became a mod.

Awful!?! It’s comedy gold and we only keep it going to see what happens if 1000 pages is like the Millenium Bug.

Are you admitting to trolling?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘Long standing forum users’ is closed to new replies.