• This topic has 130 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • How long have you been frequenting the forum?
  • bernard
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s nearly 10 years for me, maybe wrong can’t quite remember when I joined has it been going 10 years?

nigelb001
    Free Member

About a year or so, but my mind is being affected already. I feel for you. 😉

tomhoward

2 years here

footflaps

I was banned for life from STW in 2005, just checked for the offending posts via Google. So that’s at least 8 years…

KonaTC

good couple of years before the new forum

munrobiker
    Free Member

10 years here. I remember when the site used to change appearance to match the mag every 3 months, anonymous posts for rude things/things you were too embarrassed to admit to, beer and sealoin etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

Issue 11 was the first I had bought, and I’d been on here a little while before that. But I never went on the gofar site. So sometime around 2001 ish for me I think.

Cougar

Three years for me.

I was banned for life from STW in 2005,

Thanks for the tip-off, let me get the hammer…

brakes
    Free Member

August 2003 was when I joined under the bakes username.
    10 years has gone quickly,

Torminalis
    Free Member

13 years.

Harry_the_Spider

2006. I only joined to plug a bike race that I was organising. 😕

bernard
    Free Member

Think I have had the same name all the way through I have no recollection of changing it but it has been a while, time certainly has flown by, it’s odd to think how much different my life is since I joined.

footflaps

it’s odd to think how much different my life is since I joined.

I know what you mean, I used to be interested in cycling!

Torminalis
    Free Member

The weird thing is, when I was 21 I was working for a chap and after a 13 year break, I am now working with him for the first time since on a completely unrelated project! Maybe things haven’t changed so much…

cranberry
    Free Member

I joined when half the trails were closed due to foot and mouth.

( and now I feel old )

Coyote
    Free Member

Probably about 10 years or so.

anagallis_arvensis

When I joined all this was fields, I lurked on GoFar and was here at the start

cinnamon_girl

Minimum 10 years but my memory is shonky. 😳

Only joined to promote ladies rides and to argue with simonfbarnes. 😉

busydog
    Free Member

3 years or so–originally checked in to get some information on trails in Scotland and found it an enjoyable site & generally a good group, so just stayed around.

metalheart
    Free Member

I first trundled across singletrack when there was some scare about Ti front skewers snapping which I think would be 2005 or 6? I started of as MrTT but it used to to get picked up by the swear filter and got starred out so I let it lapse for a while. I rejoined after seeing the Joes Ridge photo in the 07 calendar. Changed my name after the hack.

rOcKeTdOg

Since just before issue 1 & gofar I think, how long is that? My proudest moment was being 10th on the top ten posters chart when they used to publish it in the Mag

stevomcd
    Free Member

At least 10 years. More like 13 or so, I think.

thejesmonddingo

Over 10 years,just missed Gofar IIRC,always been thejesmonddingo,apart from a brief spell as dingobaby,after an early hack.I used to use moderator13 when we had multiple ids and posted rude things after 22:00,when the mods were in bed after their cocoa.

scotroutes

Since 9th August 2005

PiknMix
    Free Member

Only 3 years here.

Alphabet

About 10 years for me. Perhaps a little longer.

Simon

Around 8 years I think..

bruneep

pffft no idea t’was back in the gofar days tho

anagallis_arvensis

t? My proudest moment was being 10th on the top ten posters chart when they used to publish it in the Mag

those were the days!

mogrim

Just missed gofar days, long enough ago to remember beer and friends. 10 years? 11? Not sure.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nine years but took the opportunity to change my user name after the great crash. I miss the old forum.

Over 10 years as it was in my last residence when I joined up. Was SingleTrackRocks, hence the current moniker – it all crashed and burned at one point and had to rejoin. More a big shitter than big hitter!

loddrik
    Free Member

6 or 7 years.

Ewan
    Free Member

A long time and several hacks ago! At least 2001/02.

Drac

Certainly regular since 2002.

slackalice
    Free Member

Originally joined back in the gofar period as TimB. I lapsed for a few years during the mid-noughties. But now…. it appears I’m back.

Wasn’t allowed my original moniker by the system though 🙁 , even with my original password. Although I gather there was an issue with the site security, which probably explains something.

Please mods, may I have my original username please?

Gilesey
    Free Member

About 10 yrs, mostly lurking. Only been into MTB’s for 7 or 8.

Became aware of the site when it was still brown/yellow striped. Thought it was some sort of sysadmin tool for a long time, because it was permanently up on the monitors of the IT Admins where I worked 🙂

Eventually twigged that it was actually the best timewaster on the whole of the internet, and after one of the aforementioned sysadmins (thanks BBSB!) sold me his old bike, I also got into MTB’s 🙂

TiRed

Was a regular on uk.rec.cycling (anybody else?) and remember when Singletrack magazine was set up by one or two of the regulars. I wasn’t that interested, as I didn’t ride off-road, so never bothered to follow it or the subsequent forum. Came to STW three years ago following a conversion to the muddy stuff. Changed username last year.

mrmo
    Free Member

when was GoFar, can’t remember. But i was there.

Was a regular on uk.rec.cycling (anybody else?)

and the various rec.cycling boards,

oh and Mike Vanderman….

For those who don’t know who Vanderman, it is amusing and scary!

TiRed
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘How long have you been frequenting the forum?’ is closed to new replies.