Home Forums Bike Forum Llangollen (one giant leap + others)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Llangollen (one giant leap + others)
  • el_boufador

We’re off down to Llangollen for a few days family break over half term. Staying in Llangollen itself.

I’m hoping to ride the DH tracks at One Giant Leap but interested in other stuff in the area too. Its one of those breaks where I’ll just have to grab the time window opportunities as they arise. I’ll get maybe 2x 2-3 hrs slots tops, I would have thought.

Questions then:

1) For other routes that aren’t the DH tracks, what’s the immediate area like? Would prefer Enduro or technical trail riding, straight from the door. Also interested in more xc/gravel stuff also

2a) For one giant leap,. looking.on YouTube it looks more on the flow side, rather than tech..is that right?

2b) what’s the climb like /how long does it take if pedalling/pushing up?

2c) I can take either my normal Enduro bike or my e bike (again, Enduro). Given it looks quite flowy (rather than tech) , it looks a bit of a pig of a climb, and that I’m not going to get much time, I’m erring towards the eeb. Any reason not to?

Ordinarily I prefer to ride a normal bike because I prefer how they handle, particularly on tech stuff. But I think I’ll get more riding in on the eeb and it seems like the tracks would suit it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Llangollen (one giant leap + others)’ is closed to new replies.