• This topic has 4,342 replies, 353 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by binners.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,343 total)
  • Liz! Truss!
  • TiRed

I’ve tins in my kitchen cupboards with more charisma than May or Truss

I’ll take competence over charisma every day. I want my leaders boring but competent. Consistency might also be a positive, and Truss certainly is not that.

I imagine the first no confidence letters have already been submitted.

fasthaggis

her main driving force seems to be ambition at any moral/ ethical cost.

At last she got her photo in Vogue

binners

What I love is that knowing she always wanted her picture in vogue, vain narcissist that she is, the editorial team there will have trawled their image libraries to find something that represents her best to illustrate the piece

They chose this

Hats off

fasthaggis

That’s what it looks like 🤣👍

ctk
    Free Member

I’ll take Truss over Bojo all day. They are similar in that they have no principles and are just after power/ fame.

rone

I’m no fan of any Tory – but I’d quite like to see what she does before all the screaming adjectives are used up in two pages.

binners

I doubt there will be any surprises

We all know who’s writing her script

She’s just a sock puppet for the ERG

ThePinkster

What worries me is the number of folks predicting she’ll be ‘the end of the Tories for a very long time’ (other variations may exist)

I have a terrible feeling they may be disappointed and the next election could well be much closer than many are predicting with the opposition only getting one term in before they’re back.

I so hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t bet on it.

ernielynch

the editorial team there will have trawled their image libraries to find something that represents her best to illustrate the piece

They chose this

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. What would you have preferred – a pic of her wearing a hard hat on a building site, or perhaps one of her with her daughters?

Obviously you wouldn’t have taken the piss if it had been a more dramatic photo 😊

binners

You actually don’t get it at all, do you?

That picture being the one that Vogue chose to use will have hurt her more than losing to Sunak today

That’s where she is as a human being. Utterly narcissistic and vacuous. This is ‘Instagram Liz’ we’re talking about here. What she would have expected was this…

Or this

Or this

Or this

Or all manner of other posed images she’s paid to have manufactured

Markie
    Free Member

Deliver, deliver, deliver.

We are so done for.

ernielynch

That picture being the one that Vogue chose to use will have hurt her more than losing to Sunak today

Oh okay, if you say so – what picture Vogue chose was more important to Liz Truss than winning the Conservative Party leadership election.

Truss won the leadership election, Vogue chose a picture appropriate to that event. If you are celebrating because you feel it is a devastating blow to her worse than losing to Sunak then great. But yeah you are right, I don’t get it – her political career is unlikely to nosedive as a result and she will still become the new Prime Minister on Thursday.

I don’t feel the need to revel in her alleged “disappointment” because frankly I don’t care. It is about as relevant to me as celebrity gossip!

martinhutch

Deliver, deliver, deliver.

Three ‘delivers’ makes that 50% stronger as a message than ‘Brexit means Brexit’. Another triumph for Liz!

dazh

the next election could well be much closer than many are predicting

Of course it will. With Starmer at the wheel labour have very little hope. A hung parliament at best. They’ll be a govt in name only at the behest of the SNP and Lib Dems. And all because Starmer is too frightened of the people he’s supposed to be standing up to.

frankconway

Not all bad news – mad nad is standing down.
    The three delivers is reminiscent of Blair’s ‘education, education, education’.

Poopscoop

Words/phrases that just make me roll my eyes these days:

Deliver.
    Come together.

They always result in the absolute opposite taking place.

I see ITV reporting that JRM is boasting that he has already got the plans ready to cut a huge amount of the civil service… Just what a new PM needs, less people to work the mechanics of government and those that remain, totally demoralised.

ernielynch

And all because Starmer….

Starmer? You’re trying to wind up binners…..aincha?!

You leave Starmer out of this – he had a vaguely good idea a couple of weeks or so ago about a 6 month energy price freeze, he’s now enjoying a well deserved rest. I am sure that by the end of the month he will have thought of something else. You can’t hurry these things.

Caher

Oh we have a thread already. Is Dizzy Lizzie still a libertarian or remainer or a Lib Dem
    Confusing lady.

Poopscoop

Caher
    Oh we have a thread already. Is Dizzy Lizzie still a libertarian or remainer or a Lib Dem
    Confusing lady.

She’s whatever you need her to be in reality.😁

dazh

Seems like Starmer thinks more of Liz Truss than most people on here. Wonder if he’s thought of trying to do a bit of news domination himself?

”we will never underestimate Liz Truss. She is a talented politician who has got to the top through hard work and determination. She is nobody’s fool and she will do whatever it takes to keep them in power. She will dominate the news for the weeks to come.“

binners

Oh Christ! Here we go again. As this thread, like every other political thread, becomes ‘that thread’. Derailed, as always, by the Peoples Front of Judea/sixth formers

Do you five never get bored with it? Because you sure as **** bore the ****ing tits off the rest of us 🙄

Knock it on the head for ****s sake you tedious ****s

KEIR STARMER copy

towpathman

What binners said

slowoldman

So Patel and Dorries stand down. I call that a good Monday.

ernielynch

She will dominate the news for the weeks to come.

Specially if this very unlikely claim by the Daily Telegraph turns out to be true :

Energy bills would be frozen until 2024, when the next general election is expected, under plans being considered by Liz Truss, The Telegraph can reveal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/09/05/liz-truss-considering-plans-freeze-energy-bills-next-election/

Personally I would have thought that it is highly unlikely, but if it does turn out to be true then I can see millions of voters breathing a sigh of relief that Starmer with his small ideas and 6 month price freeze isn’t PM.

pondo

#IStandWithBinners

Caher

#metoo.

Cougar

#needanewironyometer

Cougar

Just like her predecessor, yet even more so, she doesn’t have a single belief or principle beyond her own advancement. Nothing. She is literally an empty vessel. A vacuum.

Presumably then, Dyson will be a big fan.

Cougar

In vaguely related news, it seems Nadine Dorris has resigned…

… to head towards the HoL.

dazh

Do you lot not get this? If you really hate Truss and the tories so much then to get rid them you need to talk about what the opposition needs to do. Or is whining like children on an internet forum about how evil they are enough to distract you from the horror? Grow up FFS.

If Labour are going to win an election then they need to be the subject of conversation, not the tories. And not just on here, but everywhere. The fact that you have nothing to say about labour only illustrates why we will be stuck with the tories.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Labour

Who?

binners

You know the latest polling shows a 17 point Labour lead comrade?

Please can we not turn this into another thread where you 5 all compete with each other ro tell us how much you really hate the romans Keir Starmer

We’ve heard it all twelvty million times

Just try and keep it to the original thread that everyone else avoids like the plague.

Did you not get the hint?

This thread is apparently about Liz Truss. If you want to tediously rattle on about Keir Starmer then please return to your lefty echo chamber

KEIR STARMER copy

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Hang on Patel and Mad Nads doing a runner from the Truss cabinet to go and sit next to Boris on the naughty step???

Picking sides or an eye on the future… watch this space

dazh

You know the latest polling shows a 17 point Labour lead comrade?

If that report about Truss freezing energy bills until after the election is true then that poll lead will evaporate in a matter of weeks. And you’ll all still be here telling each other how thick she is.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

The Factional Party…

The ERG “He who dares wins Rodders”

The Boris Backstreet Boys (and Girls)

The Redwalls great unwashed

The Last of the Cameronhicans

The Trussted ones

Looks like a five way split.

ernielynch

Do you lot not get this? If you really hate Truss and the tories so much then to get rid them you need to talk about what the opposition needs to do.

To be fair I think its you who doesn’t get Daz. It’s a fun game to be enjoyed by comfortable middle-class punters who don’t personally feel they have anything substantial to lose……….Hooray the Tories have chosen someone who looks worse and even more incapable than Boris Johnson – this is great news for Labour!

This is something to be enjoyed. Forget about the politics just post a selection of Liz Truss photographs and discuss which one she would have wanted Vogue magazine to publish, relishing how they apparently chose the wrong one.

And talking about Starmer isn’t the problem, a couple of posts from a couple of individuals could simply be ignored, as everyone carries on having a fun time discussing Liz Truss, it really wouldn’t be hard at all. The problem is “criticism” of Starmer, this is a game where you pick a side and it doesn’t matter how useless your side is you just don’t discuss it.

Cougar

If Labour are going to win an election then they need to be the subject of conversation, not the tories.

Squirrel!

You’ve been consistently trying to encourage us to stop discussing inconvenient truths for years. Do you “not get” yet that it’s not going to happen? We are going to talk about brexit and the Tories, and as I believe the common parlance goes, “get over it.” You’re not going to quell us into silence so you might as well quit trying.

Of course we absolutely should be talking about the (for want of a better term) Opposition as well, on this we 100% agree. But I refer you to the thread title, this isn’t the place to be discussing Labour when there’s twelvety other threads more suitable.

dazh

To be fair I think its you who doesn’t get Daz.

Well yeah, if you take their dislike of the tories at face value then I guess it would be easy to be wrong. I often wonder if many of the supposed tory haters here are secretly quite happy with them in power as they are better off, yet have some cartoon villains to help them pretend they’re on the right side.

seosamh77
    Free Member

frankconway
    The three delivers is reminiscent of Blair’s ‘education, education, education’.

More an Ian Paisley never never never vibe I got.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Anyhow, she’d be off her nut not to announce a price freeze eh? Pretty obvious and easy start to her PMship should she wish to reverse the negativity immediately surrounding her..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 4,343 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.