• This topic has 4,342 replies, 353 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by binners.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,343 total)
  • Liz! Truss!
  • spawnofyorkshire

I await the next two years of Liz’s neoliberal horseshit with bated breath

Most of us are f****d. 172k people who won’t be just decided that for us

tjagain

What you need to bear in mind is Truss is the pliant puppet of the ERG, brittania unchained and Atlantic bridge lot.

She is spectacularly dim under most types of intelligence.

What she is there for is to do the bidding of these hardline far right nutters. They thought they had their pliant puppet in Johnson but he turned out not to be so pliant.

So long as she does their bidding she remains pm. If she goes off script she will be ousted quickly.

She has no room for manoeuvre at all. She will do as they say.

And yes. The uk is fubar

Kryton57

Patel Resigns.

binners

Strange, I don’t think she is at all. Obviously less character than Johnson but imo a lot more than Theresa May

A high watermark indeed

I’ve tins in my kitchen cupboards with more charisma than May or Truss

It’s going to be interesting to see how the malfunctioning speak-your-weight machine goes down after the pantomime of Boris, given that a lot of Tories still love him, even after all his shit

jonnyboi

We’ll all be as poor as a church mouse who’s wife has just run off with another church mouse, and taken all the cheese.

Evening Mr Blackadder.

kelvin

given that a lot of Tories still love him, even after all his shit

She’s been careful to praise and show her support for him, and loyalty to him. All change… no change.

Patel Resigns.

👋🏼

Does the Rwanda policy stay? Do we still have our rights further eroded in law as planned? If so… all change… no change.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Technically 81k people decided less than half the Tory members….

kelvin

Very ironic. Are you referring to her backing of a bill mandating referendums to require half of all eligible voters to vote in favour for them to pass, rather than just half of those who place a vote?

ernielynch

This is how this thread is going to end being isn’t it – another thread consisting of people queuing up to inform everyone else just how thick stupid and useless all Tories are, but especially their leader, as year after year they rule over them?

dudeofdoom

By the looks of the URL, (liz-truss-3) she’s had 2 before! I’m sure she’ll be thrilled with that, her aims have only ever been about self aggrandisement after all.

TBH I tried to create one yesterday to save anyone soiling themselves with the task 🙂

I took it as sign that it didn’t seem to stick.

tjagain

Not all Tories are thick. Sunak isn’t. But Truss clearly is. Her puppet masters probably are not

leffeboy

Patel Resigns

Got to be some good news out if this. She was pretty hateful

dudeofdoom

Doesn’t matter she was smart enough to get the top job at the table.

Have you got real gold paper on your walls paid by someone else 🙂

As Ernie says theses muppets have been running the country year after year pointing out how stupid they are doesn’t seem to stop it from reoccurring.

Cougar

Even her name is a structure made from a couple of short planks.

ernielynch

given that a lot of Tories still love him, even after all his shit

Much as I dislike Johnson “even after all his shit” I would still prefer him as PM to Truss.

Time will tell and perhaps I will be proved completely wrong and ordinary working people will benefit more under a Truss’s premiership than they did under Johnson’s.

In which case I will be extremely happy to have been proven wrong. But in the meantime I feel that some people’s apparent enthusiasm to the changes currently occuring in Downing Street are somewhat misplaced. Or at the very least premature.

kelvin

The enthusiasm is that this could be the slide toward the end of this government.

tjagain

Im only happy because i belive it means the end of the union of crowns a united ireland and the toties unelectable for a long time.

Im utterly disgusted by them in general a d the next two years will hurt but long term i think it will be good for the component patts of the uk. 2 years of pain for a generation of gain

jambourgie
    Free Member

I quite like her. There’s something pleasantly ‘girlish’ about her for want of a better word. Like the girl in the group in 6th form that you never really fancied but always got on with.

I know that that makes me literally hitler, but I don’t know her so seems unfair to join in with the hate.

Twodogs

I’m not sure I buy the “thick Lizzie” description….sure, she’s bland and robotic, but people who actually know her say she’s bright but utterly dogmatic in her beliefs. Someone who worked with her (can’t remember who…might have been a Uni professor) said that once she has an opinion she will not change her mind, regardless of any evidence presented to her.

Poopscoop

My only hope is that she survives long enough to fight the next election. She is a liability, has none of the “charisma” Boris had and I hope leads the Tories into oblivion for a good while.

ernielynch

Im only happy because i belive it means the end of the union of crowns a united ireland and the toties unelectable for a long time.

Im utterly disgusted by them in general a d the next two years will hurt but long term i think it will be good for the component patts of the uk. 2 years of pain for a generation of gain

So basically you are happy because you believe that things will get a lot worse.

Well I certainly agree with part of your analysis although I don’t have access to your crystal ball so I can’t yet agree with the happy days ahead which you apparently envisage.

bruneep

once she has an opinion she will not change her mind, regardless of any evidence presented to her.

Could be interesting if she asks queenie to stand aside tomorrow

boomerlives
    Free Member

There are some categories on interweb grumble sites that make you think “who are the deviants who get lathered up over this kind of weird stuff, and do they walk amongst normal people”

There’s something pleasantly ‘girlish’ about her for want of a better word. Like the girl in the group in 6th form that you never really fancied but always got on with.

Well, that answers that.

ernielynch

once she has an opinion she will not change her mind, regardless of any evidence presented to her.

She changed her mind on the monarchy. And what political party she should be a member of. And whether brexit was a good idea. And her unique idea of paying lower wages for people living outside London.

The lady is definitely for turning.

Poopscoop

For what it’s worth I don’t think she is stupid in the conventional sense.

However, she is a poor public speaker, seems unable to think on her feet and falls into fairly obvious traps laid by decent political journalists.

She’s PM but is not PM material. I suspect many in her own party think the same.

Poopscoop

ernielynch

She changed her mind on the monarchy. And what political party she should be a member of. And whether brexit was a good idea. And her unique idea of paying lower wages for people living outside London.

Absolutely, her main driving force seems to be ambition at any moral/ ethical cost.

Her policies will be a sail in the wind.

tjagain

There are many types of intelligence. She is clearly deficient in many of them. Emptional intelligence is clearly lacking for one and synthesis is also lacking.

She is just a puppet

BillMC

If you have puppet masters you never look or sound convincing when you’re expected to articulate an argument or perspective. In that respect I see Truss and Starmer as equally balanced.

ernielynch

She’s PM but is not PM material

Yeah I very much agree. I suspect that she is highly intelligent but she appears to me as out of her depth as the next Prime Minister.

When I saw her making her speech after the leadership election result I didn’t feel that I was watching someone with prime ministerial qualities, she just doesn’t radiate authorative confidence.

Of course it’s early days and she will undoubtedly grow in confidence as her experience also grows. She hasn’t really got that much experience in being in the limelight compared to other big beasts in the Tory Party.

Edit: TBH that might work in her favour if it makes her appear more normal to voters, compared to slicker more cocky politicians.

ransos
    Free Member

Does she post here?

Rich_s

She’s described as the Iron Weathercock on the beeb.

jimmy

From Mark Thomas at the festival last week:

She has all the charisma of a sandwich spread burp.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Im only happy because i belive it means the end of the union of crowns

Think you mean the Treaty of the Union of 1707, the Union of the Crowns predated that by over 100 years 😉

dyna-ti

Well this is only day one, what horrors are yet to come.

I’m mostly looking forward to the incompetence excuses.

zippykona

Even the Brexit people I know think she’s a ****.
    Let’s hope they don’t bother to vote next time.

matt_outandabout

She’s PM but is not PM material

She reminds me of half the contestants from The Apprentice.
    You just wonder how they got there and what the heck is actually going on in thier heads. Yet here they are to ‘entertain’ me..
    Except the job of PM isn’t about entrainment.

slowoldman

What you need to bear in mind is Truss is the pliant puppet of the ERG, brittania unchained and Atlantic bridge lot.

Very much so. She’s the latest useful idiot.

tjagain

Ernie

Once again there are multiple types of intelligence. You can score highly on one and low on others. She is clearly low scoringn in many areas even if high in others.

Intelligence is not a single measure and is not solely about exam results.

binners

The lady is definitely for turning

Comrade… we finally agree on something. Just like her predecessor, yet even more so, she doesn’t have a single belief or principle beyond her own advancement. Nothing. She is literally an empty vessel. A vacuum.

She will say anything and do anything if she thinks it will advantage her

Unfortunately the people who shout loudest are the ERG and the Brexiteer headbangers who only a few years ago she vehemently disagreed with, but who’s insane opinions she now echoes

They’re the ones who are now calling the shots. She’ll do whatever they tell her to do. She’ll appoint the absolute hardline nutters like John Redwood and IDS to cabinet positions so they don’t even have to tell her, they just go ahead and do it

Be afraid. Be very afraid

ernielynch

Ernie

Once again there are multiple types of intelligence.

So you keep reminding me. Perhaps you should remind yourself instead harping on about how stupid all Tories are and how “spectacularly dim” Truss is.

I have no interest in whether a politician is intelligent or not, only in whether they are right or wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 4,343 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.