Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 932 total)
  • light bicycle carbon rims
  • sq225917
    Free Member

pottsathome
    Free Member

I ve got a set of brand new 32 hole ones for sale if anybody’s interested. They look awesome rims

duff
    Free Member

26 or 29?

pottsathome
    Free Member

26. The 33 wide hookless ones. In matt ud

duff
    Free Member

Shame, I’m after 29.

pottsathome
    Free Member

Ha typical. If anybody’s interested can be posted today first class so have them this week. Not the normal 5 weeks £225 posted

DT78
    Free Member

LB said they wouldn’t do replica decals when I asked them, so I take it you just sent your own proofs?

As for the haters, get over yourselves, it’s his bike not yours. I’ve got a mondraker sticker on one of my bikes, it isn’t a mondraker, I like the colour and it covers a scratch well….

scruff
    Free Member

As for the haters, get over yourselves

No, putting enve stickers on LB rims is ridiculous unless the owner of bike is 9 years old.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s pretty tragic.

That said, they arn’t actually Enve stickers, they are just made to look VERY similar.

timmys

No, putting enve stickers on LB rims is ridiculous unless the owner of bike is 9 years old.

This

tragic.

and this.

kimbers

its just some stickers

enve do have quite cool graphics, if a bit loud for my tastes

my LB rims do look a bit boring in just plain black tbh!

traildog
    Free Member

Are people blind? They are not enve stickers!! Looks like a lb made to look a bit like the enve graphic to me. I personally quite like it and adds a bit of colour, which happens to match the frame.

scruff
    Free Member

Yetiman
    Free Member

Cheers for posting the weight davosaurus. Is that with brass nips?

Pics of my 35mm 29er wheels…..

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Carbine 29 with Light Bicycle 35mm hookless

Tyres look as big as my 2.5 inch DH High rollers!

tomd
    Free Member

Not keen on those knock off pseudo ENVE graphics. Wrong on a number of levels.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Tried out my new 35mm hookless at the weekend at 25psi front and 27psi back. Good grip but I’m thinking of trying lower pressures having read that tyres don’t fold over as much as on narrower rims. Just concerned that i’d be risking rim damage. Any experience and thoughts on this?

RickDraper
    Free Member

This thread has gone a bit:

Northwind

What the hell is that in the background? Have you parked your MR2 in Action Force’s garage?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not keen on those knock off pseudo ENVE graphics. Wrong on a number of levels.

I don’t really get it. Does he want people to think he’s got Enve wheels? Or does he just like the graphics?

waldo1
    Free Member

35mm hookless, 12k.
    Great wheels. I’m using hans dampf atm. Did have butcher /Purgatory which worked quite well but on these rims the carcass was wider than the tread so experimenting with the hd.

[img]http:// [/img]

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Lulz, oh dear. Very tragic indeed. (Aimed at the ENVE envierer)

kimbers

12k 650b hookless 35mm, survived the EWS

prob try it with an HD/ ardent combo,when I can be bothered! had the HR2s on for enduro gnar racing

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

oh dear indeed- sticking enve copy decals is shocking, id be more inclined if i was going to do it, to just buy some proper enve decals and play them off as the real thing

its almost abit like those jumpers/clothing in the 90s that used to say ‘tommy hilfinger’ instead of ‘tommy hilfigger’

embarrasing TBH, they’ve even put the number 70 to be like the new m series of enve 🙁

dont get it

Northwind

They’re still not Enve decals. Seems like you can either laugh at the joke, or be furious… My rigid forks had an Ohlins sticker on one leg and a TF Tuned logo on the other, glad I never posted pics of that on here, there’d have been riots.

Don’t like the 70s though, they just look bad to me (and really not much like the Enve 70s)

njee20
    Free Member

Me neither. You can just about get away with the “I like the graphics” defence for the logos, but there’s no reason to have the 70s on there except to look like Enves. Each to their own.

Not keen on the 12k weave either myself.

davosaurusrex

Yetiman – yep, brass nipples.

Again, not my bike but the gloss 12k weave on waldo’s bike is an acquired taste, hurts my eyes more than fake Enve stickers!

kimbers

i like my matte 12k

as for waldo….
    blue- purple shimmery, swirly fade, with blue hubs, nipples, purple brakes and green pedals, the rims are the least of the issues there

J273
    Free Member

Whats the deepest rim LB do in the 29er flavour?

I want 35mm wide but want them as deep as Derbys.

njee20
    Free Member

How come? Not really any aero benefit on the MTB, and zero real world stiffness benefits.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

dare i say it the weave ones look cheap

just plain black carbon ones FTW, unless of course genuine enve then the lairy decals look great!

davosaurusrex

Don’t think you can make it out in the photo but mine are the 3K matt. I really like them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    How come? Not really any aero benefit on the MTB, and zero real world stiffness benefits.

Isn’t stiffness the main benefit of carbon rims? Or is that lateral only?

andyrm
    Free Member

I definitely noticed a stiffness improvement on my 33mm DH hookless ones – particularly on tight switchbacks, rock gardens etc vs a similar weight alloy rim.

Just looking for a good vinyl printer to get me some Enve graphics to create STW fury meltdown! Are “almost but not quite” Enve stickers this year’s Superstar in terms of outrage? 😉

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

They’re still not Enve decals. Seems like you can either laugh at the joke, or be furious… My rigid forks had an Ohlins sticker on one leg and a TF Tuned logo on the other, glad I never posted pics of that on here, there’d have been riots.

Eh? Obvious irony is one thing, trying to pass off cheap kit as something much more expensive is quite another.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No outrage here, just pity 😛

andyrm
    Free Member

I think what some of us are saying is that it’s his bike, he paid for the bits so he can do what he likes. Cheer up and all that.

Northwind

legend – Member

trying to pass off cheap kit as something much more expensive is quite another

Which he hasn’t done…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the irony of it is, his wheels arent actually ‘cheap’ by any means, they are decent carbon rims (and no doubt decent hubs im sure) and really quite expensive/at least as much as hopepro2/flows so not a cheapo halfords wheelset just with dodgy enve stickers on

like i said if i was putting on decals that i wanted to match up with the bike, id just order some enve decals themself from slikgraphics or similar!

you’d eaasily pass them off as enves (which is the intention of your fake ones), and no one would know any different riding by, how ever if i saw them out as they stand theyd catch my eyes and id realise they are just a copy which get the roll eyes from me, which of course you’d be devastated by 😉

sack those decals off and get some red enve proper ones

njee20
    Free Member

Isn’t stiffness the main benefit of carbon rims? Or is that lateral only?

Deeper carbon rim over shallower one, not carbon vs alu.

I like the 3k matt ones too.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 932 total)

The topic ‘light bicycle carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.