• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Northwind

The Lepin stuff I’ve seen has been fantastic quality… And while a lot of it is direct copies others are unique, original kits. But bootLego is a line I’d not want to cross myself, maybe that makes me a mug who’ll buy overpriced plastic but a big part of it is the direct line to childhood…

peteimpreza

“I was showing off my Saturn V to a mate a few weeks back. I picked it up and said “it’s surprisingly robust…” and at that exact moment the third stage popped off the rest of the model, hit the coffee table and burst into a hundred pieces”

Did something similar the other day. Damage was minimal luckily. 😳

scuttler

Porsche is £186 inc. postage and in stock on very.co.uk. Possibly cheaper elsewhere – that’s just a quick scan.

zilog6128

The points from the LEGO website would be worth almost a tenner, so still a good deal if you regularly buy stuff from there or from a store. It’s a cool set, although I’ve gone off Technic a bit now so will be able to resist!

sirromj

Have been wanting the Technic CLAAS XERION 5000 for a while but resisted when it was a good price on John Lewis.

durhambiker
    Free Member

One of my favourite guitarists who does a lot of YouTube stuff got the Falcon and did a timelapse of the build

[video]https://youtu.be/1FBxsnbjAg4[/video]

sirromj

been wanting the Technic CLAAS XERION 5000 for a while but resisted when it was a good price

And failed to resist over Xmas break and ordered one. Email after new year to say no luck matey. Found a more expensive one on ebay and after much soul searching… OH even approves due to her love of tractors… Waited ten days until expected delivery passed… Emailed seller who said drop off point for hermes parcels had been raided, sorry have a refund… So third time lucky hopefully on bricklink.com, a UK seller with good praises, for a bit less than the ebay one… Really wanting a goddam lego tractor now!

sbob
    Free Member

Bloody hell!
    You could sell one of those and afford a full size keyboard! 🙂

tomhoward

Mate has just bought this….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23vV9n2]Untitled[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

That’s 100 (one hundred) kilograms of Lego, and a pan. Delivered on a pallet.

(I’m on the last bag of the MF now, should be finished this weekend)

tomhoward

Lego confirmed they will be doing a technic Bugatti Chiron, due for release in August…

*drools*

craig_w
    Free Member

Didn’t think I’d be the first to post about this:

https://gizmodo.com/you-can-wait-a-few-years-for-a-tesla-or-build-this-magn-1826452155

Apparently out today? Cost circa £300

Craig

bigdaddy

I saw this this morning – I so want it. birthday coming up, so to the top of the list it goes… It is magnificent!

brakes
    Free Member

just not my bag – not keen on the flat exterior panels. they should do some resto-mod versions of the 80s technic stuff.

Recently bought a Batman Killer Croc Sewer Smash set for my son from a charity shop for £30. Someone had bought it new, taken out the figures and then given it to a charity shop unbuilt! What’s that all about?

tomhoward

What’s that all about?

They will be worth a fortune to collectors once the set goes out of production.

brakes
    Free Member

really that much though? the set was £50 new – wouldn’t they be better of keeping the whole set mint and unopened rather than taking out the minifigures and hoping the appreciate?

tomhoward

They can, and do, go for hundreds. My aforementioned mate does it.

They are often the only unique part of a set, which attracts the collectors.

brakes
    Free Member

crazy. how would I know if I’ve got some unique minifigures I need to wrestle off my kids and put on the legotrackworld classifieds?

tomhoward

Spend an unhealthy amount of time on legotrackworld for years first seems to be the model my mate followed…

most of the big sets will have 1 or two that will be specific to the set but as with anything, short production runs or ones that didn’t sell too well help values. They also do vlimited edition ones that they give out at shows, or just release a few hundred into general circulation, such as this chap… my mate had and sold 2.

LEGO Mr. Gold Minifigure: “How Much Is It Worth?” with Sales Data

peteimpreza

The Caterham 7 is retired by Lego but still,in stock at John Lewis. Finally succumbed.

https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-ideas-21307-caterham-seven-620r-sports-car/p3033327

svladcjelli
    Free Member

The Bond James Bond Aston Martin DB5 anyone?

https://www.cnet.com/news/lego-james-bond-aston-martin-db5/

grahamt1980

DB5 available today if you have lego vip

njee20
    Free Member

The Chiron is awesome. If I liked the real thing I’d be really struggling not to buy one of those!

zilog6128

The Bond James Bond Aston Martin DB5 anyone?

Not sure I like it, not curvy enough. There are better fan made versions out there IMO. Also I think they missed a trick not making it minifig scale & bringing out a collectible Bond minifigure series – that would be awesome!

brakes
    Free Member

not curvy enough

that was my initial thought, but I guess they’ve packed in quite a few of the working gadgets and can’t use the curved body panels you see on other cars. a compromise too far.

FuzzyWuzzy

That DB5 is gopping (at least from the windscreen backwards), it’s closer in looks to the car Homer designed than the real thing.

drlex
    Free Member

As someone who owned a ‘4, that is an awful, boxy version of a beautiful car. Just no.

Cougar
    tomhoward

Yep. It’s on the list.

grahamt1980

Yep on my list too

richmars

It that the same as has been out for a while, just with 50th anniversary stuff? Son got that years ago. It’s an impressive model.

davosaurusrex

I have 3 of the Lego modular buildings (cinema, brick bank and market square) and have space for one more. Anyone got the detectives office or pet store that they’d consider selling for a not insane amount to save me going down the Lepin/other knock off route?

tuboflard

Sheffield Bricktropolis this year is on the theme of space. It’ll include a 2.8m Saturn V rocket! Think I’ll be taking a wander round the city at some point and do my bit for Sheffield BID.

Cougar

How was I not aware of Bricktropolis? Doing that for sure, cheers.

scuttler

Ref Lunar Lander it’s not on my list, it’s in my house… the one positive of s trip to Meadowhall.

Happy Father’s Day!

nixie

Lunar lander already at home as well. Wasn’t going to miss that.

kennyp
    Free Member

I hate this forum. Five minutes ago I had no idea that lunar lander model even existed. Now I have no option but to spend 85 quid or my life will be empty.

Similar thing happened with the Saturn 5 a couple of years back.

zilog6128

Yep looks awesome, sadly was already on back-order by the time I bought it! 😭 Will look great with the Saturn V though when it eventually turns up!

Make sure you sign up for a Lego VIP card to get points, plus 6% cash back from Quidco. Also if you buy it this week you’ll get a free Rocket Ride model which if you don’t want it is going for around £20 on eBay at the moment!

scuttler

Mrs was encouraged to buy a placcy bag in Meadowhall to qualify for freebie Rocket Ride which is a quality little model that a couple of my kids built last night. Like Kennyp I had no idea about this thing until yesterday morning but had to have it in conjunction with Saturn V.

jamj1974

Fingers crossed on Eagle arriving for Fathers Day.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.