• This topic has 1,794 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,795 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • inky_squid

Whilst not Lego; I’m excited to have a new large Forge World model from the Warhammer 40K range of miniatures to build.

They’re lovely tanks. Good in the current meta as well which is nice also. What chapter are you painting it up as?

spot1978
    Free Member

This one will be joining my Ultramarines; I have started a load of Word Bearers just because of the old rivalry.

Daffy

The Titanic seems to holds its price far better than other kits.  £589 new and regularly sells for ~£450 second hand.

This can be both a positive and a negative depending on which side of the buy cycle you’re on.

tomhoward

Main things that stood out at the show

1989 Batmobile, (~£200 when available new) £350 used, £400 new.
    Ltd edition small 89 Batmobile, that came free with the above, £250
    Orange 911, think I paid £160 when it was on offer, £350, used & still built…

nixie

911 going up in value then. Nice.

stumpyjon

Unfortunately the overall price of Lego is slowly dropping, i have may collection listed on BrickOwl which dynamically prices it based on current selling trends, been pretty consistently downwards. I think a combination of coming down after the Covid high and the cost of living.

With sets its all about predicting which ones will be a slow burn not too popular otherwise large quantities get sold but will also become more desireable with age.

Cougar

The Titanic seems to holds its price far better than other kits.

That’s surprising, I thought it’d go down quite quickly.

stumpyjon

Latest Lego related project nearly finished, Billy bookcases doubled in depth, doors attached and all painted a fetching on trend light gray.

20231127_141653

Even got some spare shelves which I will need soon, nearly finished building the original UCS Millenium Falcon (from my parts collection and BrickOwl), already have the newer one, and my next project, this:

https://cdn.rebrickable.com/media/thumbs/mocs/moc-154120.jpg/1000×800.jpg?1691992556.9719095T6 Shuttle

Rich_s

Just out of interest, would anyone with the Concorde be able to tell me how tall it is when on the stand with the nose pointed slightly up?

northernmatt

1989 Batmobile, (~£200 when available new) £350 used, £400 new.
    Ltd edition small 89 Batmobile, that came free with the above, £250
    Orange 911, think I paid £160 when it was on offer, £350, used & still built…

That mini-batmobile price is insane, according to Bircklink the average price is £104. I’ve got a 1989 Batmobile sealed in the box, I’m saving it for a rainy day. I’ve also got the Orange 911 GT3RS but that’s never going anywhere.

Daffy

Is that a Starbricks U-Wing @stumpyjon?

stumpyjon

Its a UCS scale by Mr Idler on Rebrickable.

Lego U-wing

Rebrickable

Realy nice build and its massive with the wings out.

Daffy

Nice – I think I’d have to smooth out the studs on top, but that’s a personal thing.  I’ve also bought the instructions for Pixel-Dan’s T6.

I’m also quite tempted by this e-wing:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-127180/Eventus_Engineering_System/e-wing-ucs/#details

stumpyjon

@Daffy do you have the dark red half cone that’s essential for the cockpit. They are like rocking horse poo as they only came out in one set, Bricklink and Brickowl across Europe are out and you can’t get them from Lego. I managed to get 4 of them by buying an incomplete set off Ebay, happy to pass one on for a reasonable price, the £55 I effectively paid for one piece is still stinging.

Hadn’t seen that Ewing, looks good, book marked it for a future build.

Daffy

A couple of big sets are now 50% off at Argos.

Cougar
    Northwind

Quite surprised to see Optimus Prime at eighty quid (Argos), didn’t think he’d get big discounts

Cougar

Bargains in disguise.

Flaperon

Just out of interest, would anyone with the Concorde be able to tell me how tall it is when on the stand with the nose pointed slightly up?

@rich_s
    – I’ll check when I get home on Sunday. Tag me in a reply if I forget ‘cos it’s 0225 on my body clock.

It is a huge model though and typically won’t fit on any shelf without sticking out. Mine is perched on top of a bookcase because that’s the only place in the house that I can put it without fear of accidentally knocking it over.

stumpyjon

Got in the Manchester Lego shop at 9am this morning, bliss, i was the only customer in thete. Better than that they also had a box in the pick a brick of mixed bits, 20 mins of trawling pulling out the good bits. Oh bought a UCS X wing as well.

peterno51

@rich_s

just in case flaperon is on a 24hr snoozathon.

The stand isn’t adjustable so the height off the deck is 29cm, it’s a smidge shorter than that but that allows a bit of wriggle.

It’s a fabulous set to make, way better than the LR new defender, which was meh.

Some really clever bits of engineering to get the  right angles, and the temporary bracing is a lovely touch and great levels of detail in the model and the build notes.

Rich_s

Brilliant. I think that’ll work for me as I’ve got 33cm to play with. Thanks!

Cougar

’ve got 33cm to play with

#humblebrag

sweaman2
    Free Member

The 2024 Lego Technic sets (space and city basically) are likely going to be enough for me to break my recent drought…. Way better than all the recent branded vehicles…

Flaperon

@rich_s – fractionally under 30cm at the highest point.

Rich_s

@Flaperon Thanks! I think it will match my space shuttle a treat 😁

soundninjauk

Started building the remade Eldorado Fortress last night, proper nostalgia trip for me as the original Lego Pirates is absolutely the theme of my childhood. Only done the ship so far but it’s already fitting right in with the Black Seas Barracuda.

IMG_0279

IMG_0280

Daffy

I’ve got two of the original 6285 Black Seas Barracuda ships sat in my kids rooms.  Sadly, I think the Caribbean Clipper (6274?) is at the bottom of the seas (LEGO box)

soundninjauk

I’ve got two of the original 6285 Black Seas Barracuda ships sat in my kids rooms. Sadly, I think the Caribbean Clipper (6274?) is at the bottom of the seas (LEGO box)

Good work! I had to try pretty hard to get my parents to hang onto just the one. I never had the Caribbean Clipper but fortunately it is being kept company with an Imperial Flagship (6271). I think I have a Forbidden Island (6270) in the loft somewhere but space is limited…

spot1978
    Free Member

I’ve got the discovery shuttle the build this Xmas. The aim is to build it with my son and father in law for some bonding time.

we’ll see how that goes

Cougar
    Daffy

Oh bought a UCS X wing as well.

Mine was ordered today – finally managed to get one for the £150 max (new) price I’d set in my head.

stumpyjon

Nicely done, good saving that. I’ve just completed one of these:

Falcon

Last few bits finally arrived today from Lego, had to wait a month for the last few pieces, actually that’s not that long really, felt longer.

Ordered all the outstanding bits for Pixel Dans T6. So far I have:

20231204_171824

The display cupboards now have lights.

20231204_172011

Daffy

IMG_5653

I’ve been really looking forward to this 🙂

ossify

Loving those pirate ships up there, brings back memories!

…But please, sort those sails out. Looks like it’s being blown backwards!

hofnar
    Free Member

Just treated myself to two Mclaren F1 in the sales the French to really sharp promotions this time of year. A trawl in a Spanish shopping mall showed mainly high prices and (very) banged up boxes.

Northwind

Finally did something I’ve been resisting up til now, and bought a lighting kit (because I just built the fast and furious skyline, and it deserves chavvy lights. I’m bringing back neons!) Christmas only brought with it a couple of star wars mini kits (slave 1 is pretty good, the mandalorian starfighter one frankly shit but it does come with a tiny baby yoda).

Had a lovely time today dismantling some kits, just little marvel mech ones that were taking up space and that I don’t really like that much. Anyone else really like breaking them down again?

TedC

Anyone else really like breaking them down again?

I’ll find out later, Ferrari Daytona SP3 gets dismantled, to be rebuilt as an F40.

breadcrumb

I was lucky enough to receive Optimus Prime for Christmas, even the box is giving me proper nostalgia. My 4 year old son is Transformer mad too.

northernmatt

I’ll find out later, Ferrari Daytona SP3 gets dismantled, to be rebuilt as an F40.

Breaking down big Technic sets can be absolute murder on the thumbs. I’ve broken down my 911 GT3RS and the Mack Truck before and it’s not a pleasant experience. Also, you need a lot more containers than you think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 1,795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.