• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • scuttler

LL928 reboot is ace. God I loved that thing first time around.

spot1978
    Free Member

Having just completed building the Ford F-150 and Batmobile I’ve really got a taste for Lego building again.

Just found quite a few videos on YouTube on how to motorise the cars and I love the idea for the F-150; that would be really cool.

I’d also like to improve the front steering as the wheels just deflect outwards, needs a front stiffener to the axle connector.

Jsut found this lighting & motorisation kit whilst looking for the light kit for my Defender. Do I take a punt on it?

nixie

The likelyhood is it’ll be very slow. The LR model is heavy. I’ve motorized the similar sized rally car from a few years ago with two L motors and a buwizz. This model is much lighter and it’s still very slow. Also had to do a significant about of work to minimise wind up in the transmission.

sirromj

Not a want of the day, just recommending the Brick Experiment Channel on Youtube. Famous for the GOOGOL:1 reduction gear lego build posted here before.

Liked this latest video that came up in my suggestions, some of them I knew, some I didn’t, but great to show children about mechanical principles:

colonelwax
    Free Member

Spaceship

Spaceship

Really enjoyed this, nice mix of childhood reminiscing and modern building techniques. 40 year old baseplates have made a reappearance too

Cougar

Oh, you bastard.

👏

ChrisL

I got the new Galaxy Explorer too, it’s lovely.

I never got the original Galaxy Explorer as a kid, though I did have a few of the big Space Lego sets, including its replacement, the Galaxy Commander. I managed to find one on eBay for a decent price a few years ago though so I now have both the old and new Galaxy Explorers on my shelves (plus Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIIP!). 🙂

beamers

Apologies for the image quality, its a screen grab from a video:

I forgot to get some good pictures for this thread when my son was playing with my Space Lego collection. My collection.

scuttler

Lovin the old and new LL928s

Northwind

I feel like doing a Benny except with BASEPLATE! BASEPLATE! instead of spaceship. The space ones were so good.

stumpyjon

Razor Crest

I do like this but at £520 it’s a bit eye wateringly expensive (and will be a struggle to fit on a shelf).

Daffy

Good value on a per piece basis. I see Lego have put up the prices of all the kits by 15-20%.

spacemonkey

PSA: Lego Ferrari Daytona SP3 now £235-ish at both Argos and Amazon (RRP £389).

The BMW M 1000 motorbike also £121 (RRP £215).

Note that both require voucher for the extra 10% off. LEGO10 at Argos.

Cougar

Not exactly a set but, some mad skills.

Northwind

I actually went “woo” out loud when he started the 12 cylinder

v7fmp

hey folks…

My old man dropped round a crate of my old lego from his loft a month or so back. I have finally started sorting it out. I had the instructions to the Lego Pirate castle, so sifted through it all and managed to rebuild it (instructions from 1989 are not what they are today!).

I managed to find all bar 3 pieces.

My intention was to rebuild it and maybe sell it. But have no idea what value it would have. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated!

A few pics….

hannahjayy
    Free Member

My other half got the star destroyer for his (31st) birthday, I didn’t think it would be this big!
    Temporary location in the lounge at the moment…

Lego

Daffy

@v7fmp – have a look on bricklink for the set number. You’ll be able to see what the complete sets are listed for WRT condition.

@hannahjayy
    – THIS is the issue with a lot of the BIG Star Wars kits – they’re simply too big to put anywhere unless you have lots of free space in a house.

I think this is why you see so many of the Millennium Falcon and Star Destroyer kits on ebay.

I’ve got a UCS Razor Crest here for a Christmas build. 🙂

Daffy

The stand for the Star Destroyer really irritates me. The Destroyer is supposed to be level across the top of the hull line, but the stand mounts to the frame of the Destroyer at the middle, so it forces the nose down. I had to modify mine – I couldn’t look at it without scowling.

GeForceJunky

Yeah I have both a Star Destroyer and UCS Falcon, both of which are too big to hang like the rest of my Star Wars models so I think I will sell them soon. The other option was to try vertical wall mount, but I haven’t been brave enough yet.

spacemonkey

Yep, this is why it’s easy to envy all those Americans with their massive basement displays.

fossy

Just bought my son the Ferrari 488 Technic for his birthday. He’s 22. Used to be well into Lego – got tonnes of it. Very much car mad, but hard to buy for (he’s currently on a track day in his stripped out modded Fabia.

northernmatt

I have a UCS Falcon in the post – wanted it since they released the old version. We’re moving house so I might even have somewhere to put it, along with the Disney castle which is still boxed up.

stumpyjon

Also try Brickowl, I prefer the site layout.

I built my own star destroyer, it was about 5 feet long, couldn’t get it out of the garage (too heavy) but was told bluntly it wasn’t coming in the house so had to dismantle it.

Want the Razor Crest for Christmas but not idea where it’s going to go. Building the AT AT at the moment, had about 60% of the parts and managed to source the rest for under £300 which is not bad when RRP is over £700.

Daffy

I managed to get the Razor Crest brand new, but from ebay the day after release for £380, still sealed. I figure that due to inflation and the exchange rate, there’s a good chance that it’ll go UP next year as both the Falcon and the Star Destroyer have, so wanted to get in early. AT-AT doesn’t really do it for me, I’m like that little LEGO astronaut guy from the LEGO Movie – “SPACESHIP!”

Rich_s

THIS is the issue with a lot of the BIG Star Wars kits – they’re simply too big to put anywhere unless you have lots of free space in a house.

My Falcon is sitting next to me in the office. I’ve bought a stand for it, but I’ve now realised I’m going to have to chop up a set of shelves to fit the bloody thing in. It’s huge.

The only other option would be to mount it vertically on the wall… but that scares me!

Daffy

The Efferman stand does exactly that. It’s supposed to be very stable.

nuke
    Northwind

@:v7fmp, I had that exact set! If you can find the minifigs some of the pirate ones are in demand- I can’t remember if your set is one of these but there’s at least a few sets from that range and that timescale where there were totally unique figures- I think maybe one of the captains or governors? And so they’re pretty pricey.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@northwind seriously? I have that set in a box!

v7fmp

@Northwind – interesting. I have a bag of pirates from that set/era. i will dig them out!

nixie

We also have some pirates from that era, time to dig for gold ;P

zilog6128

Rather impressive 1.5m tall Eiffel Tower

that looks incredible, and also incredibly tedious to build!!

monkeyboyjc

Lego / bike related, I had some of these

https://brickcaps.com/

Turn up in the post today. Comparatively expensive for valve caps, but fun.

somafunk

Turn up in the post today. Comparatively expensive for valve caps, but fun.

very cool, going to order some for my mates kid

Rich_s

Holy moley. If SWMBO ever mentions the amount of Lego in the loft, I’ll point her at this.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ckv9e_lgtNg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

mcfly
    Free Member

😀 That looks like the basement from the Lego movie

Daffy

Finally got some free time to build this – 10240 Red 5 UCS X-wing:

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.