Home Forums Bike Forum Leatt Body Armour Sizing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Leatt Body Armour Sizing?
  • woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience in Leatt’s body armour sizing? I’m looking at their t-shirts with back, chest, shoulder and elbow pads.

According to their size guide for my height of 175 cm I should be a large. But while I have broad shoulders I’m pretty skinny at 63 kg. So far the only sizing advice I’ve seen is a guy on YouTube you was the same height as me, but an extra 30 kg. He said a large was a good fit on him, making me think a medium might be better?

nwgiles

I am 5ft 11, 110kg, broad shoulders and big back

I have the l/xl size and its a good fit,arms are ok length, its does stretch out a bit (a lot) .

For comparison my endura coats/jerseys are xxxl, my poc jersey is loose at xxl.

stwhannah

Remember, you want the padding to cover the right spots – if you go smaller you might find that while the fabric will stretch, the back protector is a bit short, or the elbows sit a bit high. I can’t advise on the specific fit of the Leatt, sorry, but I’ve found the all-in-one suits can be trickier to get them to fit just right.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Yes this is something I’d been thinking about too. I’m also wondering whether it is better to have separate elbow pads. I’ve seen quite a few people where the elbow pads are hanging off after a crash, but they don’t want to throw the rest of an expensive suit away.

stwhannah

I’d say it’s harder to find elbow pads that stay up than a suit that fits! I do like the fact that a suit means the pads are there when you need them. They do tend to be pretty warm though- only any good for an uplift.

mmannerr

I would not buy anything from Leatt without trying – all the pads and jerseys I have from them are really good but 1 or 2 sizes different from what I would have ordered based on size charts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.