Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,743 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • Kryton57

Bugger, first time this year and nothing, my run of luck has ended.

Kryton57

£50k winner from Outer London, oh please please please please please please please please please please 😀

I might have jinxed myself.

Superficial
    Free Member

Me, just slightly less than 2 months ago:

I just converted half of my useless ISA into Premium bonds (today) so I can join this party. When can I first expect to be disappointed?

So I wasn’t too disappointed on my first ever prize draw. 2x£25. Not bad and have already outperformed my ISA for the year. Those dreams of retirement will have to wait, though!

ayjaydoubleyou

nada. Statistically below average for the amount I have.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nada here

But I’ve dwindled mine down with several large legal withdrawals to cover ongoing building works.

So probably won’t be winning much for a while haha

thelawman

Exactly the same as last month here – zilch for me, although a single 1 x £25 for Mrs Lawman. And, as per last month, it’s still irritating.

iainc

8 months since putting down 10k and not a penny yet.. 🙁

Eyepic
    Free Member

At least I am consistant ….Nada

BoardinBob

Nowt for me

Missus got 1 x £500 and 1 x £25!

bearnecessities

^ Congrats Mrs BB!

£25 here for second month in a row, which is above odds so happy enough.

ElShalimo

Just 20 mins to go……

Caher

I took about out to buy a car, it’ll one of those bonds that would have been the million.

Caher

…anyway £25 little ones.

nick1962
    Free Member

Didn’t win last month 🙁 which is unusual. Got some forks in my CRC basket ready to pay if I win this month…..

thepurist

75 smackers here – not enough for a set of forks!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Back in the game 25 quid …. That should cover this week’s price rises on ……everything. naat

zippykona

£50 for me and £75 for mrs zip.
    Happy with that.
    Last 6 months £275 for me and £325 for mrs zip.

ElShalimo

£25 … I’m rich!

konagirl
    Free Member

Nothing for me or partner for the last few months, well below ‘average’ win interest rate now 🙁

Kryton57

Bah, nothing.

jimster01

Mister Consistency here, bugger all..😠

olly2097
    Free Member

Nowt. This year I’ve made £75. Cant complain.

retrorick

Nothing for me this month. Which is what I expected. Hopefully back with better results in 30 days 🤔

jimmy

*opens app*

Try not be excited

*accept cookies*

I wonder…. maybe this time

Don’t be silly, I never win anything.

*app says WOW! with a picture of a lady holding carrots*

I’VE BLOODY WON…. SOMETHING

*app takes 0.5 second to load*

The lady holding carrots…. she looks very happy – IT COULD BE THE BIG ONE!

*app presents the winning amount*

£25

That’s a few carrots I suppose.

chipster

Nowt for me. 😕

bruneep

nothing again.

My Bitcoin investment has grown by £2.27 this month, time to in big soon me thinks as its out performing my PB.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Third month with skin in the game and £25 bagged!

BoardinBob

£25. First win for 3 months

sing1etrack

5x £25, happy days!

Makes a change from the nothings or single £25s I’ve had for the last year or so.

matt303uk

What sort of return in % are you seeing each year, I’m wondering how it compares to a regular 0.5% savings account, as far as I understand it doesn’t match that (on average) until you’ve 20 or 30 grand in the pot.

thepurist

What sort of return in % are you seeing each year, I’m wondering how it compares to a regular 0.5% savings account, as far as I understand it doesn’t match that (on average) until you’ve 20 or 30 grand in the pot.

This link on MSE explains it well but in short Premium Bonds are not likely to generate any interest for people with small investments. You need to be chucking 10K plus at them, and even then only do it as part of a broader investment portfolio.

boombang
    Free Member

@matt303uk now averaging 0.7% on a decent pot.

matt303uk

I keep looking at PBs, I have my savings split between a savings account (0.5%) and a managed ethical investment ISA, the savings account is what I think of as emergency money but inflation is slowly eating it while the ISA is doing great at (currently) over 27% up after 3 years (33% time adjusted).

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

£75 for me this month. had £25 last month, but nothing for a few months beforehand. thought I’d be out of the game properly having paid for a chunk of an extension out of them earlier this year, but £100 in the past 2 months from the rest of my holdings isn’t terrible… pays for my flights to see my missus anyway!

MrSparkle

£75 here too. Ker-ching!

thelawman

£50 for me and £25 for the other half. Which is a bit of an improvement on the last couple of months.

@matt303uk
    – works out at exactly 0.5% return for the year so far (i.e. the 9 draws from Jan to Sep) and that’s on the max amount each for two people. So maybe 0.75% for the year as a whole, give or take a bit, if it carries on like that. It’s not exactly a brilliant return, but it’s ‘steady’ and safe I suppose.

sing1etrack

I’m running at about 0.8% over the last 12 months, on what most folk would probably consider a healthy pot. At that rate, taking inflation into account, my pot is in effect dwindling. It’s earmarked for house improvements over the next 5 years or so – I maybe need to speed up the DIY to get the most out of my money!

andrewh
    Free Member

About 10% over eighteen months, so 6ish% per year

I have around £2k of my own money in there and around £13.5k of interest-free money borrowed from credit cards (was higher but had to cash some in when one of the cards reached the end of it’s 0% intro offer) and I’ve won eight lots of £25 so far.
    £200 from having £2k tied up isn’t bad.
    If you can borrow interest free it makes a lot of sense, possible decent return and zero risk to pay back the capital when you need to.
    Average return should be 1%, but mostly that will be nothing with the odd big one skewing the average. I expect £25 every two months on mine, just had it two months in a row after nothing for a while

shinton
    Free Member

3 months in after investing near maximum. I’ve done a spreadsheet to track progress and so far I’m on for 1.97% return on current run rate. I expect this figure to tail off as we go through the months.

tails
    Free Member

I have around £2k of my own money in there and around £13.5k of interest-free money borrowed from credit cards (was higher but had to cash some in when one of the cards reached the end of it’s 0% intro offer) and I’ve won eight lots of £25 so far.

I thought you always accrued interest if you took cash out on a credit card, I’ve seen 0% on purchase but this is different I think. Am I missing something?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,743 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.