Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 156 total)
  • Is there any way to look at this that doesn’t shout “closet fascist”?
  • hightensionline

No ones said otherwise

I’m glad I don’t judge people who I employ by their political opinions or fashion sense.

In fact, if I did, I’d get fired

How would you be fired at home? I mean, they may have a very determined other half, but still.

Poopscoop

^^ I’m not clear what you are on about in truth?

Bensales post clearly alludes to this role as an employer at a company?

In fact, if I did, I’d get fired

hightensionline

Yep, and that has no relevance to this situation. OP can choose who to let into their home, compared to having to follow employment legislation if you’re at work. Chalk & cheese.

Poopscoop

Ok, I’m not even sure what you are contesting so I’ll just say, “ok”.

tjagain

compared to having to follow employment legislation if you’re at work. Chalk & cheese.

Refusing to employ a neo nazi for most employers would not be an issue nor would be sacking an existing emplyee once you discover they are a neo nazi

hightensionline

All I’m saying, in reply to a post stating that the person was glad they don’t judge people like other people in this thread or they’d get fired, is that it’s not the same scenario here. The OP is not at work, and can make those choices without the same framework of discrimination.

Poopscoop

Erm, ok.

hightensionline

https://tenor.com/Ra1M.gif

I’ll just keep it vaguely on topic.

zippykona

How about you make him sanitise absolutely everything he touches ,make him wear a mask and no mobile phones allowed in the house.
    5G kills ,3G maims.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Probably best that you phone him and cancel the work, tell him you dont like his belt buckle.

TheFlyingOx

The thing I’ve got an issue with is he’s kind of a mate, there a bunch of us that go motorbiking and he occasionally comes along. I knew about the COVID conspiracy stuff, I think we all know types like that, but he posted that belt buckle yesterday and I was genuinely shocked. Who in their right mind thinks doffing your cap to the worst of the worst Nazis is a good thing?

Everyone else in the group has known him since school and they’re all just, “yeah, that’s just crazy [name] being his usual self” but I can’t help thinking that kind of begrudging acceptance might end up with us being lumped in with him.

funkmasterp

He’s not crazy, he’s a massive dickhead!

mattyfez

I can’t help thinking that kind of begrudging acceptance might end up with us being lumped in with him.

Could be solved by wearing this;

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71v2xkJ3T2L._AC_UL1250_.jpg

tpbiker
    Free Member

He sounds like a massive cock

Plenty of folks I’ve met in life who are friends of friends that I don’t particularly like. If I have to share space with them I will but I’ll not make any effort to engage with them when out

I certainly wouldn’t be paying them to do work on my house (I assume you are paying him)

And none of them come close to being nazi sympathizers…

somafunk

Hang a few Star of David emblems around the room and leave a book highlighting the horrors of the Holocaust where he’ll see it.

Personally I’d tell him to do one,

mrmoofo

Seems a little bit odd to be stalking your builder on FaceBook.
    He obviously has a few issues but maybe you do as well ?

somafunk

I wouldn’t consider it stalking to carry out due diligence on a company/worker who you employ to carry out work.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I read the thread title as ‘Closest Fascist”. I think for the OP he is…

funkmasterp

He obviously has a few issues but maybe you do as well ?

Everyone has issues. Having an SS belt buckle made goes a bit beyond having a few issues in my opinion.

convert

Seems a little bit odd to be stalking your builder on FaceBook.

Have a reread of the thread to better understand why the OP might well have our neo Nazi’s photos in his feed.

Besides – with the wonders of sneaky social media it’s entirely possible. I recently googled the guy who does our plumbing to get his number. 24hrs later he pops up in my Facebook ‘people you might know suggestions’.

ernielynch

but I can’t help thinking that kind of begrudging acceptance might end up with us being lumped in with him.

It’s not just that, it will also embolden him to freely express his pro-nazi sympathies.

I would definitely say something even if it’s just along the lines of “what’s the idea of getting a custom made belt buckle with an SS insignia?”. If he comes with some bollocks about it looking cool I just point out that is nothing cool about what the Nazis did.

I would probably leave it at that, the important thing is to make clear that you disapprove. The more people do that the less likely he is to parade his pro-nazi sympathies, and the more likely he is to realise that it is not acceptable to most normal people.

daveylad
    Free Member

If you don’t want to employ him then don’t.
    Same as I wouldn’t employ anyone who had a picture of themselves wearing a face nappy, a picture of Jeremy Corbyn or the EU flag on their Facebook page.
    Easy innit.

prettygreenparrot

Looks a bit sus. Maybe the Specials have some advice?

somafunk

Same as I wouldn’t employ anyone who had a picture of themselves wearing a face nappy

Face nappy?, do you have the intelligence of a single cell amoeba?, Shows a wanton disregard for those of us who suffer from immune disorders.

scaredypants

c’mon soma, you big snowflake. Have you any idea how unpleasant it is to have to wear a mask over pure, white, supreme skin? It’s so sensitive – could cause a rash or anything; dampness or mild chafing at the very least.

I wonder if “SS” on that buckle is for soft-skinned and we should all cut that guy some slack too

somafunk

Yep, I didn’t take his baby soft pure white aryan skin into account, I guess daveylads face breaks out into discharging sores and resembles a lepers crotch

It must be so difficult for him and I failed to take that into account.

Love & compassion to you davey, you’re being so brave, a righteous little soldier indeed.

scuttler

Facenappy 🤣

What a knob.

somafunk

Obviously a fan of Lozza Fox, top geezer!

gobuchul
    Free Member

Same as I wouldn’t employ anyone who had a picture of themselves wearing a face nappy, a picture of Jeremy Corbyn or the EU flag on their Facebook page.

But you would with someone with Far Right/Nazi symbols on their FB?

mrmoofo

OP – have you asked him about it?
    As you say, you are kind of mates – so take the uncertainty out of it.

I wouldn’t employ a known Neo- nazi, or a tub thumping anti semitic blinker lefty, if I was working one on one with them.
    The issue is probably not the known ones, but the un-known ones. From his posting he is far from being “closet”.

Back in the mid noughties, they did a poll in Austria where 60% of people said they had fascist sympathies.
    Hofer nearly was elected with 49.3% of the vote. Then there was Joerg Haider in the ’90s.
    Would that stop you buying anything Austrian?

TheFlyingOx

Well no, I have a KTM… [cogs turning] who use WP suspension… WP genuinely stands for White Power…

Am… am I the fascist?

Cougar

a tub thumping anti semitic blinker lefty,

I’ve no idea what ‘tub thumping’ means in this context. But (allegations against Corbyn aside) is there a link between the far left and antisemitism?

tjagain

There is a ;link between the left and and anti zionism / anti isreal and the isrealis will tell you that is antisemitic

The daft that about that of course is that the arabic race are semites and most western jews are not if you take the real meaning of the word

sc-xc

I know a bloke who uses the term face nappy. His profile picture on Facebook is of him holding a big fish, with a st George cross / help the heroes border.

He’s known as a complete ****, whose opinion is roundly ignored by everyone.

ernielynch

the arabic race are semites and most western jews are not if you take the real meaning of the word

Yup. I don’t know why they don’t use the term anti-jewish as it is clear that many Jews aren’t Semitic, or at least not in comparison to say Palestinians.

mattyfez

I’m no expert on the matter, but from what I can gather, sympathising with Palestine apparently makes you anti Isreal and therefore anti jewish, or something.

reluctantjumper

The thing I’ve got an issue with is he’s kind of a mate, there a bunch of us that go motorbiking and he occasionally comes along.

Best place to have him in this situation. Familiar enough to have a quiet word about it and see what the situation is but not so close that explaining to him that it means you don’t wish to go forward on the job would be awkward. Entirely depends upon his explanation of it, he could have done it for a laugh or just has an interest in the history of it while condoning the actions. The recent uproar about Lineker’s tweet would be a perfect get-in to start the conversation in a nion-threatening manner and see how it goes.

Klunk
    Free Member

can’t really see any closeting ? :/

martinhutch

He’s welcome to wear his neo-nazi-flavoured insignia, you’re free to take your business elsewhere, as I would. TBH the Great Barrington/New World Order bollox on his instagram would be enough for me. The SS belt buckle would just be the cherry on top of the loon-cake.

Superficial
    Free Member

I wouldn’t employ anyone who had a picture of themselves wearing a face nappy, a picture of Jeremy Corbyn or the EU flag on their Facebook page.

Being pro EU / pro face masks is apparently the other side of a coin that has Nazi insignia. The world has gone crazy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.