Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Is there any way to look at this that doesn’t shout “closet fascist”?
  • TheFlyingOx

Got a guy coming round to do some work at our house, he’s just posted on Facebook this belt buckle he’s had custom made:

Between the Shutzstaffel belt buckle and possibly Confederate flag in the background I’m thinking he may be a bit of a wrong ‘un. Is there another, less sinister, meaning to the double lightning that I’m missing?

Poopscoop

I think he’s a little beyond “just” racist.

Is he installing any gas appliances by any chance?

scotroutes

FTW is a US biker clothing brand. All punk/goth/heavy metal. It’s the sort of stuff that Harley riders wear on their annual visit to Aviemore. You know – all the stockbrokers and heart surgeons.

merckx12

Er…no

Cougar

I mean, he’s clearly a wrong ‘un just on grounds of taste.

But no. Unless he’s a Kiss fan and missed a couple of letters, I’m not immediately seeing an alternate meaning here.

finbar
    Free Member

Frank the Welder innit. I bet he’s got a Spooky Metalhead in his garage.

convert

FTW = **** the world

A quick google – they do a nice line in iron cross belt buckles too….which is nice.

Poopscoop

FTW is also an American Wrestling league too.
    So he’s a neo nazi wrestling fan.

I’d love to lol at the rest of his stuff on FB, usually this type don’t just post up one dodgy thing. I bet there is much more.

sirromj

**** the wax! single speed!

desperatebicycle

Is there any way to look at this that doesn’t shout “closet fascist”?

I’d say he’s pretty open and honest about it.

Poopscoop

As suspected, he has posted more.

This was commissioned for his bedroom apparently.

Caher

‘Zed’s dead”. (Pulp Fiction reference).

sirromj

Have you found someone else yet?

dyna-ti

Don’t forget to be the genial host

Step 1. Fill kettle, set to boil.
    Step 2. Take tea mug, add milk/sugar.
    Step 3. insert finger in anus(yours not his) and wipe around the inside of the tea mug.
    Step 4. make tea as normal.
    Step 5. serve.

finbar
    Free Member

EDIT: brainfart, ignore

TheFlyingOx

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I’d love to lol at the rest of his stuff on FB, usually this type don’t just post up one dodgy thing. I bet there is much more.

</div>

Oh it’s an absolute treasure trove of anti-vax, Great Barrington Declaration, “slowly slowly catchee monkey” (sic) bollocks as if he’s party to some knowledge that will overthrow the New World Order once enough people believe it. You’d love it.

Poopscoop

Oh it’s an absolute treasure trove of anti-vax, Great Barrington Declaration, “slowly slowly catchee monkey” (sic) bollocks as if he’s party to some knowledge that will overthrow the New World Order once enough people believe it. You’d love it.

Well, it definitely go with dyna-ti’s suggestion then.👍

dissonance

To answer the question “doesn’t shout “closet fascist”?”
    I think the answer is no it doesnt shout that. “closet” doesnt get a look in.

Has he mentioned that if the weather in the channel is nice he will need time off to patrol the beaches?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Step 1. Fill kettle, set to boil.
    Step 2. Take tea mug, add milk/sugar.
    Step 3. insert finger in anus(yours not his) and wipe around the inside of the tea mug.
    Step 4. make tea as normal.
    Step 5. serve.

Step 4.5 be sure to remember which mug is his and which yours

politecameraaction
    Free Member

FTW is a motorcycle outlaw gang slogan. There are plenty of nazis among them.

He appreciates what it all means or doesn’t appreciate it but thinks it’s provocative in some way. Either way – I’d spend my money elsewhere…

dyna-ti

Step 4.5 be sure to remember which mug is his and which yours

I dont think you can get sick yourself if for example you’ve used the toilet and not washed your hands. But it might affect the taste*.

*Unless of course its nescafe instant,in which case you’d probably not notice, or it might in fact actually improve it.

ernielynch

I dont think you can get sick yourself if for example you’ve used the toilet and not washed your hands

I think you probably can. Your intestines provide a very environment to your mouth, eyes, stomach, etc

tjagain

Polite camera actuion – I don’t think they are an “outlaw” gang at all.  They are weekend warriers are they not?

shermer75
    Free Member

Most of the replies have focussed on ‘FTW’ but it’s the Nazi SS symbol I’d be worried about

nickc

I don’t think there’s much “closet” going on there really.

tjagain

He would not be coming into my house.

funkmasterp

What work is he doing? We need to know what this fool does for a living.

hightensionline

Is he installing a secret special room for a ‘collection’, à la Father Ted or Pulp Fiction?

davros

Is he building you a dungeon for nazi memorabilia?

Edit. Too slow!

bensales
    Free Member

I’m glad I don’t judge people who I employ by their political opinions or fashion sense.

In fact, if I did, I’d get fired.

funkmasterp

Don’t think fashion sense comes in to it. There are political beliefs and extreme beliefs. I reckon he falls in to the latter. I’d definitely not want to give this idiot money even if he was the world’s best at whatever he does.

Poopscoop

bensales
    Free Member
    I’m glad I don’t judge people who I employ by their political opinions or fashion sense.

Would you employ someone with the numbers 18 on their arm/ neck etc?

It’s got nothing to do with politics or fashion.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Political beliefs?

You think Schutzstaffel insignia are acceptable? A military organisation that murdered thousands of people because of their ethnicity?

nickc

convert

Perfectly possible to dismiss an employee for bringing a company into disrepute. And having a publically open social media feed full of fascist insignia has been used many many times to justify these actions.

kimbers

He shoukd be on a watch list somewhere

https://act.campaign.gov.uk/

ernielynch

Why are you ‘glad’ that you don’t judge people who might show signs of being white supremacists, for example?

I am very glad that I pass judgement on people who might openly display signs of being neo-Nazis.

hightensionline

There’s a huge difference between employing somebody, with all the legislation that entails both for the individual and the business/employer, compared to using a tradesperson in your own home. That’s not employing someone, merely using their service(s).

tjagain

Yup – neo nazis are where I draw the line

As an aside I twice have had contact with Tory politicians from my lobbying work.  My loathing of Tory politicians is well known and tho I needed to hold my nose I did work with both of them.  I wouldn’t work with an openly neo nazi

Poopscoop

hightensionline
    There’s a huge difference between employing somebody, with all the legislation that entails both for the individual and the business/employer, compared to using a tradesperson in your own home. That’s not employing someone, merely using their service(s).

No ones said otherwise?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.