Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)
  • Is there any argument at all (Warning: Priti Patel content)
  • franksinatra

Saying that I fancy Villanelle from Killing Eve, a Psychopathic Serial Killer.

Its not just you. Everyone fancies Villanelle, she is hot.

DrJ

If you’re going all Brexiteer sports illustrated then shout out to Penny Mordaunt, the most lustrous hair in the Commons:

Dear god – my eyes 🙁

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, she’s on my ‘People you find hot but really shouldn’t’ list..

Mind you i’ve always liked bad girls.

One of my good friends was a recent close protection officer to her – apparently she’s hard work and thick as sh*t.

CountZero

None of this lot come over very well at all and just seem to be the mouthpieces of Cummings (and Boris?)

Nah, Boris is just Cummings sock puppet. Which is not an edifying thought to linger over…
    As for PP, (not perchy p), surely that photo’s been ‘shopped? She’s so out of proportion, her head looks far too small for her body, which looks like it ought to be about a third taller, it’s almost like her head’s a couple of feet behind the rest of her. Bizarre.
    As for her attitude, it does seem to be built into the Indian caste system, there’s at least one Bollywood actress who’s been called out for supporting the BLM protests while promoting skin treatments and makeup designed to make women’s skin lighter; darker skin is seen as being associated with lower castes, menial workers and immigrants. Look at photographs of top Indian models and actresses and they all look almost European.

gonefishin
    Free Member

You know these attacks on another female politician based primarily on her looks really is depressing. I know that this goes on a lot on the “bottom end” of the internet but I thought that this place was generally better than that, especially given the thread the other day on the experiences of other minorities in the general population. By all means criticise her but is it really too much to ask that we limit ourselves to criticism based on her word and actions, god knows there should be plenty there to keep people going for ages!

daveylad
    Free Member

As a tory and an admirer of chunky chicks I’m 100% a fan of her policies and looks.

uggski

I think you have lost the argument/debate when you start getting personel!

easily
    Free Member

You know these attacks on another female politician based primarily on her looks really is depressing

If it was just female politicians you’d have a point, but people here hardly hold back when discussing the appearance of Johnson, Corbyn, Cummings, etc. It’s not like she’s been singled out because she’s a woman.

Now come on people – which of you has Boris on your ‘people I fancy but shouldn’t’ list?

franksinatra

You know these attacks on another female politician based primarily on her looks really is depressing.

I’ll happily attack that evil witch on a whole host of things, looks are very low down on unattractive things about her

binners

It takes a special kind of special to stand there and defend a set of new immigration rules that would have excluded your own immigrant parents from ever entering the UK

As thick as mince. Even by the standards of this cabinet of sock-puppets. Discounting Suella Braverman, obviously, who is quite breathtakingly stupid. Having said that, most of them look like they’d struggle to tie their own shoelaces in the morning

Has their ever been a government anywhere in the world that comprised such a collection of dimwits?

funkmasterp

Now come on people – which of you has Boris on your ‘people I fancy but shouldn’t’ list?

He’s on my ‘People I’d like to pin in a headlock and brush their **** hair’ list. It’s a pretty short list. Just him and Wurzel Gummidge.

ElShalimo

Scarecrowist !!

Kryton57

He’s on my ‘People I’d like to pin in a headlock and brush their **** hair’ list. It’s a pretty short list. Just him and Wurzel Gummidge.

Your internet persona defiantly comes across as though you’d entertain a threesome with Aunt Sally.

funkmasterp

Yes, yes I would. As long as there is a cup of tea and slice of cake at the end.

tomd
    Free Member

You know these attacks on another female politician based primarily on her looks really is depressing… we limit ourselves to criticism based on her word and actions, god knows there should be plenty there to keep people going for ages!

+1

I’ll happily attack that evil witch on a whole host of things, looks are very low down on unattractive things about her

Yet you chose to call her a witch. A word that has strong connotation with the persecution of women based primarily on being women and looking/behaving a bit funny.

No where, and I mean nowhere, on the web is there a forum of mainly woman getting stuck into Tory politicians with a barrage of sexist abuse and innuendo. “Phoarr that Gove might be a wrong un but I have a thing for goblin like men he gets me going”

funkmasterp

Have you checked on mumsnet?

matt_outandabout

Has their ever been a government anywhere in the world that comprised such a collection of dimwits?

It does feel like that at the moment.

Just compare one of our Westminster Cabinet members speaking on any subject with any member from Hollyrood, The Senedd or most European politicians.

It’s depressing.

franksinatra

No where, and I mean nowhere, on the web is there a forum of mainly woman getting stuck into Tory politicians with a barrage of sexist abuse and innuendo.

You’re so wrong

Mumsnet filth

convert

Well that’s a bit embarrassing Tom. Care to comment?

ElShalimo

I’m summary, there has been some objections to the objectification of the objectional person who takes the form of an irregular object.

stumpy01

tomd

No where, and I mean nowhere, on the web is there a forum of mainly woman getting stuck into Tory politicians with a barrage of sexist abuse and innuendo. “Phoarr that Gove might be a wrong un but I have a thing for goblin like men he gets me going”

Sorry, but is this the most wrong that anyone on STW has ever been…?

A few mumsnet quotes from the thread linked:

“If you mean sexually, then Boris. I reckon he’d be filthy. And highly enthusiastic.”

“To sleep with, none of them seem like great options. Johnson is physically repulsive. He looks like a sweaty, smelly tub of lard with a personal hygiene problem. Gove is worse. A whiny, snivelling little squirt who no woman could be attracted to. I bet he keeps his vest, socks and glasses on during sex.”

“Op, I’ve heard Gove has the nickname ‘donkey’. Read into that what you will”

Although, I suppose it could have been a load of blokes on mumsnet writing that…?

mattyfez

Let’s focus on her inhumane policies rather than her chonkyness and razor sharp cheek bones shall we?

What is this, Vouge magazine?

frankconway

stumpy – further on in the thread there is a riposte to ‘…gove is nicknamed Donkey’;
    because he brays and will bite you for no reason.
    That is 10/10.

frankconway

mattyfez – it isn’t Vogue magazine or Vouge, whatever that is….
    Back to the mumsnet thread for more belly laughs.

CountZero

most of them look like they’d struggle to tie their own shoelaces in the morning

Well, I expect most have got either their mum, or a paid lackey to do it for them…

😱
    That’ll be an absolute no, right there! In fact there isn’t a single politician I can think of.
    Well, there’s the current PM of New Zealand, but c’mon!

flange
    Free Member

I’m not entirely sure two wrongs make a right though. Yes woman do objectify men, but that’s not really an excuse for us to carry on doing it.

I think she’s a terrible individual, incompetent and should have stayed sacked. I don’t think that has any relevance on how she looks or how she dresses. If I thought a woman at work was incompetent, I wouldn’t raise the issue then finish it with ‘and I wouldn’t touch her with yours mate’. So why do it on here…

tomd
    Free Member

Mumsnet

Well I’ll be damned, I have never stumbled into that pit before.

Carry on then, it’s OK to abuse people for their appearance.

I did used to be quite bad for doing it myself, thinking back to politicians like Ann Widecombe. It’s just something I grew out of because it’s just wrong. You certainly would’t want people judging your work ability on appearance and estimated sexual ability. “Should we employ Bob to be our spreadsheet jockey?” “Nah he’s fat and looks a right state in a skirt, probably be terrible in bed too”.

Presumably you’d rather folk valued your mum / wife / daughter for their abilities at work and not high heels or cheek bones (that Nicola Sturgeon – Theresa May high heels thing was a low water mark).

convert

You are of course quite right. And as the poster who derailed the thread at the first reply I must take my fair share of the blame.

Your contribution did bring into sharp relief however the propensity of us men of a vaguely liberal persuasion to naively hand wring and self flagellate that we are the worst and only offenders. Another example, radio 4 news quiz – that den of lefty humour – had an ongoing theme during the Labour leadership election about how Keir Starmer was a bit of all right and basically, you definitely would. Broadcast Friday 6.30pm in the middle class kitchens of Britain. Fair enough objectification be called out but let’s not be so blinkered into thinking it’s just a ‘man’ problem.

Mumsnet – many multiple times bigger than STW, without a swear filter, minimum moderation and if you think that thread is a viper’s nest you have not seen anything yet. Yet it’s often considered a mouthpiece for the 21st century woman. Turns out that’s a potty mouth.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Your contribution did bring into sharp relief however the propensity of us men of a vaguely liberal persuasion to naively hand wring and self flagellate that we are the worst and only offenders.

Well technically I think that was at least in part me. Oh and we (men) ARE the worst when it comes to objectification. No question. Whilst women might be guilty of it too at times don’t pretend that it’s in any way equal or equivalent. When it comes down to it women don’t have the power to actually carry out thise actions; men do. That’s the difference.

“Oh look the women have potty mouths” well we (men) have fists and a propensity to violence.

convert

When it comes down to it women don’t have the power to actually carry out thise actions; men do. That’s the difference.

“Oh look the women have potty mouths” well we (men) have fists and a propensity to violence.

I know what you are trying to say but that is a huge leap. A better argument is that men, especially in the workplace, have traditionally had the upper hand due to inequality in levels of seniority in most organisations – the objectification is/was often of a junior colleague.

dudeofdoom

I’m chalking this thread down to cabin fever 🙂

We changing her name to Phwoar Patel then.

“Counterterrorism Terrorist” that bloke next door vid was ace.

dudeofdoom

May be Bristolian pronunciation .

kerley
    Free Member

It is pretty sad that people can’t discuss a politician without bringing in their looks but at least nobody has said she should be “sent back to where she came from” which is the sort of sentiment she displays.

ElShalimo

I think most of the comments about her looks are not “wow she’s sexy”, they are more concerned with the permanent smug grin she has.

It’s unfortunate as it distracts from the real issue of her being a thoroughly horrible, incompetent, self-entitled, self-serving wretched individual.

bearnecessities

That hasn’t held me back.

BillMC

‘When the economy tanks, out come the tanks’
    ‘Get a grip’ (around the neck)
    ‘the landlord revolution’
    ‘we’re so Priti vacant’
    ‘autarchy for the UK’
    ‘Tanks for the memories’
    ‘Food to die for’

eulach

Yes woman do objectify men, but that’s not really an excuse for us to carry on doing it.

I’m going to have to call you out on this considering your username (says the man whose last thread title contained only swearing, oops).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Think she just rubber-stamped her own application for the ever-evolving vacancy for Minister Of Propaganda. Is anything unbelievable of late? The brass of the neck 😡

kelvin

Together we must continue on her mission to right the wrongs.

Wow.

matt_outandabout

Together we You must continue on her mission to right the wrongs that I, Theresa May and others in my government inflicted.

FTFH

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Is there any argument at all (Warning: Priti Patel content)’ is closed to new replies.