Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • Is there any argument at all (Warning: Priti Patel content)
  • bails

Priti Patel is sorry if you feel that you’ve been deported.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Facially, she is technically pretty. However she should wear an inflatable lectern so we don’t get to see the hips and all that.

frankconway

Will johnson act against patel or just waffle on for a bit before saying…it’s business as usual?
    I wonder what Philip Rutnam will do or say? I hope he continues with his constructive dismissal claim against patel – she deserves it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55007122

kelvin

Johnson will do nothing. He only asked them to support him, and be prepared to push through a no deal Brexit, nothing else matters.

franksinatra

Things like this don’t matter anymore. Politicians like Patel and BoJo have realised that they can basically get away with anything. Ministers don’t resign anymore. They just ignore it and the voting public let them off without challenge.

db

Report has watered down, people will be paid off and she will survive and thrive.

pondo

Things like this don’t matter anymore. Politicians like Patel and BoJo have realised that they can basically get away with anything. Ministers don’t resign anymore. They just ignore it and the voting public let them off without challenge.

This. We are so becoming a third world country. 🙁

joepud
    Free Member

This. We are so becoming a third world country. 🙁

I mean it could be worse we could have a leader whos looking to use the legal system to overthrow a democratic process.

Northwind

It should be a big deal- but even wind the clock back a few years and she’d just resign for about 4 minutes and then return. I mean, it’s nothing on the windrush scandal and look how that turned out- Rudd quit in disgrace in April 2018, returned to the cabinet 7 months later.

But these days it doesn’t even register.

onehundredthidiot

Cleverly on question time basically not saying bullying is wrong. Just in case she’s been bullying and someone holds him to his comments.

kelvin

Report has watered down

It sounds worse than that. Too much evidence of her bullying to bury it… so they’re blaming the civil servants for not telling her directly so that she could moderate herself. Literally victim blaming.

montgomery
    Free Member

One suspects she secretly quite likes her Spitting Image puppet.

montgomery
    Free Member

BillMC

Short and thick does the trick. Maybe.

nickc

But these days it doesn’t even register.

Aye, shut down Parliament illegally, allow a senior advisor to break lock down without penalty, pass a law allowing themselves the privilege of breaking inconvenient international agreements, multi million pound contracts for your mates, Jobs for your unqualified wives and husbands…

A bit of light breaking the ministerial code from a woman who once ran her own parallel foreign policy hardly matters at all really.

We’ve become a 3rd world banana republic with posh voices.

ElShalimo

The Spitting Image version of Priti Patel is unrealistic, she’s not that articulate.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can’t disagree with any of the above.

When you’ve basically watered down the job requirements for the cabinet into loyalty to Brexit (I.e. a combination of stupidity, cynicism and nastiness), then you can’t be surprised when someone like Patel exhibits those ‘qualities’.

This is the logical conclusion of having your flagship (only real overall) policy as something driven by……. stupidity, cynicism and nastiness.

She will stay and this will be presented as ‘some plaster coming off of the ceiling as a thrusting young politician with real ambition challenges the status quo’ or somesuch crap. Sigh.

stumpyjon

Too much evidence of her bullying to bury it… so they’re blaming the civil servants for not telling her directly so that she could moderate herself. Literally victim blaming.

This, couldn’t be clearer cut, the last thing that stops bullying is the victim telling the bully to stop.

sgn23
    Free Member

Many years ago I used to attach crocodile clips onto a boy’s blazer at school, and we all had a good laugh at him when he got angry.

I didn’t know it was bullying, but it was and I got my comeuppance from the head teacher. Claiming I didn’t know was no excuse.

Patel is a bully and should be sacked.

BillMC

Highly stratified societies (caste, apartheid, class) produce those ‘at the top’ who aggressively disdain and dismiss not just other people’s opinions but other people too. Why, therefore, would you ever expect to be held to account by a minion? Parvenus like PP or IDS are likely to amplify these attributes to establish their class credentials without realising that the Etonians still regard them as something like an irritation on the sole of their shoe or a entertainingly exotic pet.

martinhutch

No-one gets sacked for anything except disloyalty to Brexit these days. Patel is too dangerous to have on the backbenches. Carry on everybody.

dannyh
    Free Member

Patel is a bully and should be sacked.

But she won’t be sacked. It is literally how she has got to where she is.

In the same way that Johnson won’t lose anything by lying. Because that is, 100%, the reason he is there in the first place.

We are dealing with a top echelon here who have breached that final level of trust – namely that those appointed to positions of power hold themselves to high standards because ‘the system’ cannot always do it.

You just have to look at some of the corrupt post-colonial african ‘strong men’ to see it:

Aide: Err, Mr President, sir. You can’t actually do that, the law prevents you.

President: I’ll change the law, then.

Aide: You won’t get it through parliament.

President: I’ll declare a state of emergency, then.

Etc. Etc.

MoreCashThanDash

Aide: Err, Mr President, sir. You can’t actually do that, the law prevents you.

President: I’ll change the law, then.

Aide: You won’t get it through parliament.

President: I’ll declare a state of emergency, then.

Like that would ever happen over here….oh, wait….

dannyh
    Free Member

Like that would ever happen over here….oh, wait….

Precisely. Trump did it. Poundshop Trump had a go at something similar.

This is what people mean when they say democracy is fragile. If you have cynical shits who are willing to chip away at it for their own ends, it is not a given. Not by any means.

This is the danger of arseholes like Johnson. They always think they are being clever and the genie can always be put back in the bottle.

franksinatra

I headed over the Daily Wail to gauge the thinking of the great British voting public. The comments section is a barometer of measured, considered and fair thinking.

Apparently, this isn’t her fault, “Priti’s frustration is born out of having to deal with the anti-British pro EU civil servants who still take their orders from that EU cesspit and globalist masters” (upvoted 1353 times)

and

“She should get a warning about not keeping her repeated promises to stop the dinghies” (upvoted 590 times)

In true spirit of fairness though, I was also struck by the fact that the two best rated comments were both saying that she is useless.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Report comes out saying Patel is a bully and broke minesterial code
    Johnson reads report and says “nah, rubbish. carry on Priti”
    Report author resigns

slowoldman
    kerley
    Free Member

Priti Patel is sorry if you feel that you’ve been deported.

And today Priti Patel is sorry if her behaviour has upset you. Not sorry for her behaviour though of course, it is your problem if it upset you.

cookeaa

Come on, this was never going to nudge her out of the cabinet.
    Upsetting pubic servants will always play well to the core audience…

To actually get rid of her, you’d need HD video footage of her laughing maniacally, while machine-gunning Refugee’s in the middle of the channel, even then it would only be marginal…

teethgrinder

kilo

To actually get rid of her, you’d need HD video footage of her laughing maniacally, while machine-gunning Refugee’s in the middle of the channel, even then it would only be marginal…

That would get you into the Australian SAS though.

AD

Well this is amusing from a certain point of view…
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-bullying-twitter-boris-johnson-b1759156.html
    I really do despise the Conservative party.

doomanic

There’s always a tweet…

alpin
    Free Member

Evil bitch.

Johnson is a ****.

Please please please get rid.

Caher

In fairness, she’s no way as bad as Gripper Stebson.

RustyNissanPrairie

Radio4 dial in listener thing this afternoon whilst tinkering the car nearly had me smashing the radio to bits with the amount of gammons ringing in support of fit face/fat arse. I hate this country at times.

TiRed

Somewhere at some time hence, Sir Humphrey will have it in for her. She should of course have been sacked, resigning being to good for her.

tthew

By quite rightly being disgusted at the behaviour of the tories about this, (one of many) episode, by referring to Patel as

fit face/fat arse.

You’re pretty much whispering behind her back, which is akin to bullying, just without being brave enough to do it to someone’s face.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

well I’d say it to her face but I don’t think I’d get anywhere near enough…..

dannyh
    Free Member

well I’d say it to her face but I don’t think I’d get anywhere near enough…..

No chance, her extendable poison alien arm spike would lash out and disembowel you.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Is there any argument at all (Warning: Priti Patel content)’ is closed to new replies.