Home Forums Bike Forum Internal frame storage options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Internal frame storage options
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Looking to make the most of the internal storage in my Trek Slash, which has the fancy cover where you can drop stuff in the downtube.

Slash Storage

I could just go out and buy the £20 Bontrager solution for it, but I’m keen to hear how others have used this space – how and what did you use to put stuff in and stop everything moving around and rattling?

I’m looking to keep the minimum of items in there, my OneUp pump and EDC tool, probably a tube, and then some energy bars maybe.

Can anyone share their innovative ways of doing this?

tonyd

I have a 2020 Stumpjumper with a SWAT box, so same kind of thing. It came with two soft tool wrap type things which I used for a while, trouble is they got soaking wet (not sure if from wet trails or post ride hosing) and never dried out. I bought a small SWAT pod which looks like it might be waterproof but I haven’t tried it yet as the magic seems to have gone from that particular “feature” (gimmick?). I’m back to keeping a small tool roll in a jersey pocket – I rarely ride longer than 2 hours so don’t need to carry too much anyway.

Interested to hear others’ experience.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’ve just built a 2021 S-Works Stumpy and that came with a rubbery (waterproof?) type bag that looks a step up over my 2016 version with the tool roll.

Not had chance to test it though as I tested positive for COVID the night I finished the build lol.

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/small-swat-pod/p/184126?color=291720-184126&searchText=41120-0601&gclid=Cj0KCQiA8vSOBhCkARIsAGdp6RTgS3MI7CbeU4CHqcJpTbQKwYAgRIHozKBtl0xvsEx2Xm576GXc7X0aArWqEALw_wcB

This is the one mine came with.

BillOddie

Just fill it with mini bags of haribo!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Internal frame storage options’ is closed to new replies.