Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Inspire me with colours for my orange five???
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

alpin – Member
    juan… nice one!

That good it appears to errr not be there any more 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Nice photo ‘legend’ – the Orange colour does take some beating.

patriotpro
    Free Member

someone else

Whom might that be Julian ❓

druidh
    Free Member

So – who did Juan upset?

patriotpro
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    So – who did Juan upset?

Well I must say I thought a couple of his comments (which seem to have now been deleted) were a bit ‘close to the bone’.

Having skimmed back over the thread tho’, it could have been a few people he’s upset.

julianwilson
    Free Member

druidh – Member

So – who did Juan upset?

-the OP?
    -a serious and earnest orange 5 owner? 😆

patriotpro – Member

Whom might that be Julian

If i tried trolling like that I wouldn’t be nearly as good at it! However, it wouldn’t suprise me if it was someone who has commented on this thread. No idea who, but “returning to the scene of the crime” and all that.

Someone who knows about teh internetz could no doubt establish who rupertpostlethwaite isn’t, by looking at IP adresses. (that along with fixing other people’s failed and invisible photo links on here is a mystery to me…)

patriotpro
    Free Member

I agree it must have been someone who commented on the thread. How else could they have been upset otherwise…

Although ‘Juan-sheet’ manages to upset most people on most threads I wouldn’t say it was the OP he upset in this particular thread.

Any one else know?

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Hmmm… Little bit confused as to how this thread appears to be going! What is all this about a troll!?? Don’t they live underneath bridges! Chuckle chuckle! 😆
    I really hope I haven’t offended anyone, I did my research on aluminium and due to the stresses put under a mountain bike, eventually fatigue will set in, causing the aluminium to give in at the weak points, weld points, shock mounts, head tube, dropouts, etc.. For my own safety and others that could be close by I will feel confident and assured to ride my bike after changing the frame approximately every 3 to 4 years. This however is my own conclusion after doing some thorough research.
    Thanks to those with the positive feedback, I’m really enjoying looking at the pictures.
    Some fabulous looking bikes.
    Has anybody had there frame anodised? Apparently this procedures supposed to be good for aluminium as well as looking great too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

It seems like Juan posted after my reply to his ha ha ha snowdon post, it looks like alpin agreed with this post. I have no idea what the post said, can’t imagine he could have upset anybody over possibly a bit if banter over what constitutes a rocky trail. Well unless he started calling people names.

Did anybody see this post that seemingly disappeared?

Oh and Rupert I do still think you are amusing, troll or not.

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    It seems like Juan posted after my reply to his ha ha ha snowdon post, it looks like alpin agreed with this post. I have no idea what the post said, can’t imagine he could have upset anybody over possibly a bit if banter over what constitutes a rocky trail. Well unless he started calling people names.
    Did anybody see this post that seemingly disappeared?
    Oh and Rupert I do still think you are amusing, troll or not.
    POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Precisely my point about the rocky trail, I ride around coed-y-brenin, every weekend nearly. Please don’t tell me I don’t know what’s not rocky!!! Has anybody had there frame anodised?

teadrinker
    Free Member

Ask Orange if they will do it in the same colours as they’re road bike. Because that has a lovely finish

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/carb-o/

orange
    Free Member

This however is my own conclusion after doing some thorough research.

each to their own, and all that – but it is a utter bobbins conclusion

why buy a second hand orange five, with that in mind?

hora
    Free Member

OP – no offence. seriously none meant but if I saw a 2002 Santa Cruz Chameleon aluminium frame with really tatty paintwork up for sale I’d buy it, respray and ride it.

Why do you think a grand frame is at the end of its useful life after 4yrs?

Does that mean todays ‘Fives’ at £1700 a pop for the frame can only last a few years?

Frames can fail within a year- usually due to crash damage or workmanship error on that particular frame.

If you are just bored though, carry on. Thats how I ditch frames 😆

CYB is rocky? Thats a troll.

Peaks or Lakes for the rocky win.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Rupert – that’s the thing anyone can tell you it’s not rocky, it’s just an opinion. We all have them that’s the beauty of forums within the public domain imo. It’s called discussion which will involve banter and disagreements and even agreements from time to time ❗

If you look over the thread you’ll see that at least ‘I_Ache’ gave you some colour suggestions which is what you asked for. In fact you’ve had a few genuine recomendations which begs the question – Have you decided on what colour you want? 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Rupert, if your worrying conclusions about almunium fatigue are true, then raw alloy or (better still) white are the only options, so you can spot the cracks forming…..

It’s just a hunch, but I am not sure Rupert even has an orange 5…. 😀

teamslug
    Free Member

@legend. Who are the folks in the pic saluting?….

chunkypaul
    Free Member

It’s just a hunch, but I am not sure Rupert even has an orange 5….

Wasn’t it an upgrade from a Dawes Galaxy? 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

Please don’t tell me I don’t know what’s not rocky!!!

I did no such thing. I said the below.

FWIW CyB isn’t very rocky. It’s rocky in places but not very rocky.

And I stand by that, you suggested that it is extremely rocky. It isn’t.

As you can see I was/am suggesting that you are exaggerating, either to yourself or to us, how rocky CyB actually is. I suggest you take other people’s advice and find out what others regard as a very rocky trail and give it a go. Or even go and watch some MTB vids, have a look at some of the WC DH trails. Look at the top section of Fort William, some of the trails you will find on videos and elsewhere in the UK make CyB look like a walk in the park.

Don’t presume to know it all because you don’t, nobody does. Well maybe GW but that’s it.

rickmeister

Rupert,

Since joining this parish on 11th November 2011 and actively posting for over 9 months on threads you have started or on other peoples threads… I find it difficult to comprehend the amount of Orange 5 pics you may have missed…

Please grab your saggy old labrador by the tail, rather than the harness, twirl it around your head and have a look around…

I cant believe this is still going…. and when it started there was a “3 month” reference in either your OP or your profile but its disappeared……

mbarnes
    Free Member

I like the new silver colour

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

Well i want to thank everybody who’s had a positive influence on the outcome of the colour I’ve chosen!
    Thought its only Christian to let you all know what I’ve decided so hear it is…

Chrome grey!!

Splendid colour and very conservative and should sell well at the end of its life.
    Thanks to those who where positive and took my question seriously.

patriotpro
    Free Member

rupertpostlethwaite – Member
    Well i want to thank everybody who’s had a positive influence on the outcome of the colour I’ve chosen!
    Thought its only Christian to let you all know what I’ve decided so hear it is…

Chrome grey!!

Splendid colour and very conservative and should sell well at the end of its life.
    Thanks to those who where positive and took my question seriously.

Pics ❓

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me with colours for my orange five???’ is closed to new replies.