Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Inspire me with colours for my orange five???
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

My orange five is now 4 year old and due to the risk of metal fatigue im going to replace for a new one.
    My dilemma at the moment is choosing an appropriate colour one might feel worthy of.
    Since being involved in this sport I’v not once seen any pics on this forum, hence the thread, so show me your wonderful pics of these fabulous bikes, anyone have the sterling silver perhaps?
    All colours more than welcome, thank you.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Why have silver when you could have gold?*

*unkle homer is not responsible for the consequences if you buy a gold bike.

creamegg
    Free Member

Tried doing a search? There have been loads of threads with pics of orange fives and the odd filing cabinet

beanieripper
    Free Member

mm..filing cabinet grey

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beige.

And remember, beige isn’t just a colour, it’s a lifestyle choice.

MicArms

was a custom paint job but once saw a five in urban camo detailing. Grey, white and black, looked ace. ( other views of this colourscheme are available)

jam-bo

My orange five is now 4 year old and due to the risk of metal fatigue im going to replace for a new one.

So my six year old one is well past it then. Oh well…

montylikesbeer

Job centre filling cabinet gray , or fluorescent orange as my last one was before some scouse scroat nicked it

I_Ache
    Free Member

My frame is 6 years old and I am not in the slightest concerned about metal fatigue. I cant believe you are considering spending at least £1500 because of something that might not be happening.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

My frame is 6 years old and I am not in the slightest concerned about metal fatigue. I cant believe you are considering spending at least £1500 because of something that might not be happening.

I was thinking exactly the same. I wouldnt worry so much about it.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

was a custom paint job but once saw a five in urban camo detailing. Grey, white and black, looked ace. ( other views of this colourscheme are available)

Seriously though, if you want a different colour bike, just get yours resprayed and save several hundred quid.

patriotpro
    Free Member

and due to the risk of metal fatigue

Eh?

specializedneeds

Have a look at their facebook page (Orange Mountain Bikes) for inspiration. And I’ll let you know if my 2005 model shows any signs of fatigue 😉

mbarnes
    Free Member

Plasma blue with white wheels

Bernaard
    Free Member

Sheep fleece White or sheep shit green 😉

chunkypaul
    Free Member

My orange five is now five years old and due to the risk of metal fatigue lack of cash, I am not going to replace it… 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Have you considered babba-brarn btw?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@pleaderwilliams

Olsson has some mental cars, doesn’t he?

rickmeister

Get it cleaned up and carbon wrapped…. paint is old skool.

At lease you wont see the cracks that wont be there, or the wrap will hold it all together…

patriotpro
    Free Member

Postlethwaite – you can’t be serious about

risk of metal fatigue

😆

skink2020

My five has had the **** mashed out of it and it’s 7 years old.
    Still original bearings(new shock) paint strip to check for cracks two years ago. clean as a whistle.
    Spend the money on a trip to france.

_tom_
    Free Member

Neon orange – an Orange bike in any other colour is pointless.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Fair enough if you want to buy a new 5 frame if you like your current one and just want an upgrade. But metal fatigue really is a poor excuse/reason.

And as others have said neon orange is the only colour you should have it in. If I had an Orange it would be in orange.

rickmeister

And first dibs on the old one please….

muckytee
    Free Member

I’d go for neon green, with black finishing kit. Or Metallic silver with red finishing kit – in keeping with my current red/grey theme.

Purple and gold work well too.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Postlethwaite – you haven’t responded to your own thread?

Troll ❓

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The best colours for Fives and Alpines is Disco black or Chrome Grey.

But it looks like these have been dumped for 2013.

Silly Orange.

carlphillips
    Free Member

The best colours for Fives and Alpines is Disco black or Chrome Grey.

But it looks like these have been dumped for 2013.

Silly Orange

and also colours that were free last year suddenly cost you £100 extra..!!

come on orange! why does it cost an extra ton for a colour that cost you nothing last year?, and an extra ton for the maxle end which is standard now? costly costly costly and i would like to buy one but they don’t seem like good vfm. stumpy evo looks good this year!

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

costly costly costly and i would like to buy one but they don’t seem like good vfm

If you want value for money then I’m really not sure that Orange is the right bike brand for you…

carlphillips
    Free Member

it isn’t and its a shame as i like them a lot.

patriotpro
    Free Member

muckytee – Member
    I’d go for neon green, with black finishing kit.

+1

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member
    and due to the risk of metal fatigue
    Eh?
    POSTED 20 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Maybe you haven’t heard that aluminium eventually weakens with age as all the stress and weld points through excessive vibration, why do you think you only get 2 years warranty on frames???
    Do you not take it seriously enough to realise this?
    I ride a lot around coed-y-brenin, maybe you haven’t ridden around there but it’s extremely rocky and I certainly aren’t taking the risk of it cracking on me as I’m thundering down false teeth however slight that risk may be!
    I think a lot of people on here would rather injure themselves than purchase a new bike! Absolute madness if you ask me!!! 🙄
    So please can I have more pics of your colours?
    Thanks mbarnes, very nice combination there one has but don’t think I suit blue, neon orange I do like although a risky colour!! I do like the idea of a camo colour but don’t think orange do such a thing?
    Anyway keep them coming and thanks again. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Warranties cover defects in workmanship and materials – nothing to do with fatigue

neninja
    Free Member

A mate has a new 5 Pro in Apple Green which looks rather nice – a bright metallic green colour.

jam-bo

why do you think you only get 2 years warranty on frames???

That’s what the marketing dept decided they could get away with.

z1ppy

LOL I’ll have to sell my fleet, none are under 4 years old.

If you want a new bike there no need to troll to justify it 😉

PS: Looking forward to your very very cheap 5 frame on the classifieds, cuase it obviously worth nothing being so fatigued.

Sandwich

My Sub-5 is 10 years old should I be worrying? I don’t think so.

1981miked
    Free Member

I rode a 2000 Kona for the best past of 6 years, took it to Laggan, Glentress, Fort William (not the DH course) amongst others..

Must say it never fatigued and im still alive… Plus i sold it to somebody else.. will they die?

I really wouldn’t waste your money, get it painted in apple green.

I think you are worrying about nothing.

Im sure if you use google images and type in Orange 5 it will come up with a fair few photos.. There is a whole world wide web outside this forum you know..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The best colours for Fives and Alpines is mandarin orange.

FIFY. Custom colour this year but was the standard colour a few years ago.

Maybe you haven’t heard that aluminium eventually weakens with age as all the stress and weld points through excessive vibration, why do you think you only get 2 years warranty on frames???
    Do you not take it seriously enough to realise this?

we’ve heard of fatigue, but dont necessarily recognise your description if it. I spent 5yrs as a research metallurgist working on Al alloys in the US for Alcoa and in the UK for BAesystems, guess I should bin my 1994 GT Pantera as its an accident waiting to happen? If you replace your frame every few years for “fatigue”, do you buy new handlebars every month?! 🙄

Mandarin orange Alpine, managing to not fall to pieces underneath me despite being a 2010…

breadcrumb

why do you think you only get 2 years warranty on frames???

My Pitch has a “lifetime” warranty on the main frame and 5 years on the rear triangle.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me with colours for my orange five???’ is closed to new replies.