Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Inspire me with colours for my orange five???
  • z1ppy

ps. +1 to the brightest orange colour they sell & some matching rims.

legolam
    Free Member

Just been out with my friend who has a bright pink 22″ Five with a cow print saddle. Certainly got some comments on the way round Hamsterley!

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Maybe you haven’t heard that aluminium eventually weakens with age as all the stress and weld points through excessive vibration, why do you think you only get 2 years warranty on frames???
    Do you not take it seriously enough to realise this?
    I ride a lot around coed-y-brenin, maybe you haven’t ridden around there but it’s extremely rocky and I certainly aren’t taking the risk of it cracking on me as I’m thundering down false teeth however slight that risk may be!
    I think a lot of people on here would rather injure themselves than purchase a new bike! Absolute madness if you ask me!!!

I’m sorry mate, but i find this hilarious! My Orange five cost a bloody fortune, and better last me 7-8 years. A bit like my last Aluminium FS, which, by the way is still being ridden every weekend. Having worked in bike shops for 15 years i can count on 1 hand how many serious frame failures i’ve seen on good quality MTB’s.

beanieripper
    Free Member

i hope your going to put all the ali components off it in the bin aswell as they will be seriously fatigued, wouldnt want to sell them to anyone just in case they implode…

remoterob
    Free Member

juan
    Free Member

I ride a lot around coed-y-brenin, maybe you haven’t ridden around there but it’s extremely rocky

Now that is some good sarcasm. I loled very hard.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Rupert you are funny.

FWIW CyB isn’t very rocky. It’s rocky in places but not very rocky.

I rode the MBR in March with PatriotPro and then did Snowdon the next day on my 6 year old aluminium FS. If you want rocky you should try the Rangers Path coming down snowdon.

You really need to calm down and not worry about the possible fatigue of your frame. I bet there are people who ride harder than you on older frames that arnt concerned about fatigue.

juan
    Free Member

If you want rocky you should try the Rangers Path coming down snowdon

HA HA HA HA HA HA H That as well 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Well that’s it then, sorry kids next years holiday is binned, daddy needs a new frame, thank your uncle rupert.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ok Juan yes there are more rocky trails in the alps or probably in Scotland but if he rides CyB often then Snowdon is only an hour or so up the road. Rangers is bloody rocky in the top zig zag section, granted its not very long but in that section there is not much smooth ground at all.

godzilla
    Free Member
    alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

+ 1 for apple green – with red Hope bits! 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Since being involved in this sport I’ve not once seen any pics on this forum, hence the thread, so show me your wonderful pics of these fabulous bikes

Should have read the original post more closely, rather than the “fatigue” post. Given the the amount of traffic on STW about Fives

Talking about a trail centre as the ultimate in rocky was pushing it a bit!
    Chapeau for hooking so many of us.

Another clue would have been your forum member description

I’m new to riding and thought what a jolly good idea to start my learning on a cycle forum

Comic Genius.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m with the OP…there is no way I’d ride a 4 year old bike off road. If I were you I’d get yourself one that won’t fall apart at any moment, and sell the current one as a ‘hack/pub’ bike in the clasifieds. I reckon you could get a couple of hundred quid for it, more than enough to cover the new custom paint job you’re after..

Actually, I might be in the market for a new commuter…mail me for a quick sale….

🙂

randomjeremy
    Free Member

My Pitch has a “lifetime” warranty on the main frame and 5 years on the rear triangle.

Length of warranty != indicator of quality. A boggo Kia comes with a 7 year warranty.

(Warranties are backed by insurance policies. Manufacturers of cheap mass market equipment can often provide very good warranties because they can make the maths work)

patriotpro
    Free Member

Postle – 💡 Have you seen the new ‘fatigue-fuscia’ colour…Sounds right up your alley mate. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

randomjeremy – Member
    My Pitch has a “lifetime” warranty on the main frame and 5 years on the rear triangle.
    Length of warranty != indicator of quality. A boggo Kia comes with a 7 year warranty.

(Warranties are backed by insurance policies. Manufacturers of cheap mass market equipment can often provide very good warranties because they can make the maths work)

And your colour recommendations are ❓

patriotpro
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    Rupert you are funny.

FWIW CyB isn’t very rocky. It’s rocky in places but not very rocky.

I rode the MBR in March with PatriotPro and then did Snowdon the next day on my 6 year old aluminium FS. If you want rocky you should try the Rangers Path coming down snowdon.

That seems like too long ago now mate, we’ll have to get another trip sorted. 8)

thedon
    Free Member

Why do the Orange Five threads attract the dick heads?

coogan
    Free Member

Why do the Orange Five threads attract the dick heads?

Bit harsh that, he only asked what colour his new filing cabinet should be.

jimbo1983
    Free Member

Here is a link to my new neon green five am, absolutely love it and get lots of comments on the paint

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8475927/

mudplugga
    Free Member

Fatigue on a full Suss single pivot? wtf?
    Don’t buy another one just for the hell of it. The only’upgrade’ to the frame since my 06 is no bottle mount. Progress indeed!

alpin
    Free Member

juan… nice one!

patriotpro
    Free Member

[quotethedon – Member
    Why do the Orange Five threads attract the dick heads?[/quote]

I wonder… 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dave I am planning a comeback (from injury) ride in Jan at CyB probably the beast. No firm date yet but as soon as I can get on an exercise bike and can pedal I will send out the emails.

You guys really should have done snowdon with us that weekend. It was great.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Black with some custom artwork always looks good..

Chipbutty
    Free Member
    rickmeister

Liking the Orange/Audi filing cabinet graffiti pic… very clever…

Read the Litespeed warranty thread…. you may be disappointed in what “Lifetime actually means…

dirtydog
    Free Member

randomjeremy – Member

+1 what rickmeister said

“Lifetime” useually means 5 years, surely you don’t think that you will be entitiled to a replacement for the rest of your life!

godzilla
    Free Member

Liking the Orange/Audi filing cabinet graffiti pic… very clever…

Cheers 😆 it’s my own work, feel free to use it.
    I love my Orange Five’s.

carbon337
    Free Member

I had this for a few years, sold it about 4 months ago due to lack of use.

Lots of people gave me good feedback when out and about on it. Quite a few on my flikr to look at.

DSC_0808 by H2O Foto, on Flickr

breadcrumb

I did say lifetime in inverted commas for a reason. I imagine it’s more than 5 years though given that it says 5 years for the rear triangle.

Must not bite at the mass market quip either!

jam-bo

“Lifetime” useually means 5 years, surely you don’t think that you will be entitiled to a replacement for the rest of your life!

a guy i know got a warranty replacement when he cracked his S-Works FSR (the palmer one – 1996 ish?) in whistler last year. Had a shiny new demo 7 fairly shortly after.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Raw/polished and orange decals, black and black reflective decals or pearlescent tangerine and ‘chrome’ decals.

Whether this is to your current or new frame is another issue, but I’m not going there!

druidh
    Free Member

Has the OP been banned for trolling yet. He upsets me.

godzilla
    Free Member

People from Surrey shouldn’t be riding Fives anyway, Ellsworth do some dandy colour ways Rupert.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Bare grey primer. Decals in marker pen.

julianwilson
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Has the OP been banned for trolling yet. He upsets me.

No, but someone else (who ‘got’ this thread and pushed the envelope in the spirit the OP was doubtless hoping for) has been though.

Personally I find rupertpostlethwaite’s contributions to the forum obvious trolling but somehow entertaining. Despite clearly being the second/third login of an stw ‘medium-to-big-hitter’, I say we keep him. 😀

Oh fwiw, some sort of metallic or pearlescent tangerine would be lovely. All Oranges should be orange.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Bump 😈

legend
    Free Member

To help inspire 😉

P1000863 by mark_penman, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me with colours for my orange five???’ is closed to new replies.