Home Forums Bike Forum In search of a 135mm QR adapter for a Tacx Neo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • In search of a 135mm QR adapter for a Tacx Neo
  • BadlyWiredDog

I have a loan of a Tacx Neo 2T trainer, but the only adaptor I have is the 130mm standard road QR one. Unfortunately my ‘indoor’ bike is my old cross bike which uses a 135mm QR.

I’ve been trying to find one of the 135mm screw-in adaptors – aka ‘Block Caps for Direct Drives.

But they seem really hard to source. Garmin support kindly allowed me to order one FOC, but the order seems to be in stasis for now and I’m not optimistic. I’m wondering if anyone on here has a surplus adaptor that I might borrow until my Garmin order one turns up. Happy to pay postage obviously and to return it eventually.

Would be eternally, grovellingly grateful etc 🙂

scotroutes

One of these?

Screenshot 2024-10-01 214016

I should have one somewhere…

Oh fer **** sake – now images aren’t even uploading. Can someone spend some time making this awful, shitty forum actually work???

BadlyWiredDog

That’s the badger! Image and all  If you do find one, drop me a line and we can sort something out.

I’m pretty sure they came as standard issue with the Neo and there will be be thousands of them out there languishing in dark workshop corners as people shift to through-axle bikes, but there appear to be none of them in the shops or, apparently, in Garmin’s warehouse.

BadlyWiredDog

And as if by magic, I get a shipping confirmation e-mail from Garmin – it’s taken almost a week. Garmin/Tacx moves in mysterious ways… So, hopefully that’s sorted now 🙂

Edit: where did the smiles / emojis / emoticons go? Sigh… :-/

scotroutes

Cool. I think mine is in the attic (with the rest of the Neo packaging). If you still need it then tag me in this post as PMs seem to be broken.

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks, will do 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Hey @scotroutes – turns out that Garmin/TACX sent me the wrong part, so I now have two 130mm QR adaptors. On the plus side, the part was at least FOC.

So, if there’s any chance that you could dig out that 135mm NDS QR adaptor, it would be massively appreciated. Just drop me a PM on here – edit: not not if the PMs are dead – and we can sort out the details, thanks!

And now to fill out the customer service feedback form… sigh.

scotroutes

YGM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.