• This topic has 311 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 312 total)
  • I'm in Manchester next week – what's worth checking out in the evening?
  • binners

You coming on your own Hora? Or bringing the rest of the Village People with you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do I have to Mo up on Thursday? I’m looking forward to feeling hora’s caterpillar on the back of my neck. 🙂

LOLz at the tag. I’m honoured. 😐

derek_starship
    Free Member

hora – you are Gez Quigley and I claim my £5.

hora
    Free Member

Do it. For the first day you feel abit conscious but after that you don’t feel or notice it. I’m aimingfor a Lech Walesa

nbt

Anyone else notice how Hora’s sucking in his cheeks in an attempt to look normal not to look too fat?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just in Simple on Tib Street for a bite to eat. Might even do the quiz. 🙂

Seems a bit livelier this evening. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that when you’ve estimated it’ll be your round?

Or you could ‘pop out for a fag’ magically when its yours?

Oh no Binners he’s basically sed you’re a freeloading ponce and he’s insulted your girlfriend. 😐

I woon’t take that, if I were you. Because if you don’t do owt to hurt him, then it means he pwns you.

That’s proper slander that is. In front of everyone, too. You gonna let him get away with that?

(I’m not a shit-stirrer or owt…)

nbt

Does anyone know what darcy looks like? I know Binners, Hora, Herbivore and Popocatapetl, and I bumped into Stanley this morning en route the station and he’s planning to come out – no idea what Darcy or Bregante look like though

my mail’s in my profile if anyone wants to swap phone numbers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nbt – Member

Does anyone know what darcy looks like?

I always imagined something like this but armed to the teeth

I may have got the wrong end of the stick altogether tho

binners

Don’t we all just look the same. Just varying degrees of baldness/fatness/facial hair content/manic grin

You do realise what we look like as a group

Apart from Hora, of course:

hora
    Free Member

I was going to be there from 6ish. Its the sort of place a bloke on his own with a paper looks ‘ok’ (if your worried). Don’t do what once happened in a STW pub meet in London- loads of blokes turned up in tired looking lycra/cycling jackets/helmets. I was the only one in jeans/tshirt! I felt a wee bit embarrased 😆 as though I was a cyclists-familiar

nbt

I’ll be there around 6 with Stanley. no lycra though, I’m on the train

binners

Wearing your leather chaps tonight then?

nbt

New red ones 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think DD looks like this.

Bregante

I’ll be there around 6ish

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TeeJ has it!

Is the ox then for around 6? How far a walk would that be from where Selfridges is? I might just come in my work gear. For hora. 😉

EDIT: Bregante’s got the night off then??

nbt

it’s the other end of deansgate, so about a five minute walk. 6ish – depending on public transport for me :S

binners

I reckon I’ll be there about 6.30 folks. Transport depending. There’s a good gig on at the Riz tonight. Which is just round the corner

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Chin stroking?

binners

Does everyone want Hora’s mobile number?

He’s requested that everyone text their drink of choice to him as they’re getting near the pub. This way he can ensure he can get the first round in and have it sat there for you as you walk in

He’s a stickler for this kind of thing 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! Nice one Bin-Bins… 😀

Can somebody please give Hora a good kicking big sloppy wet kiss from me please, and tell him that I love him, as he’s not returning my calls.

Sniff.

😥

Bregante

Happy hour between 5 & 6? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and please don’t forget to take pics of Hora getting his wallet out. Such a rare event must be recorded in order that future generations will actually believe it happened…

nbt

Binners, have you brought a bike lock with you ? that worked last time

binners

It did indeed. For those who don’t know: I bought my D lock, locked Hora’s bike to a lamp-post and refused to unlock it until he got the beers in 😀

I shall pop the kryptonite in my bag again

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have emailed nbt, binbins and Bregante. What’s the convention for names? Real Life or forum names in the pub? 😕 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bregante’s email addy is wrong. 😡

binners

Everyone calls me Binners anyway. Even my 5 year old niece calls me Uncle Bin Lid. Which is very cool 8)

It pre-dates the forum. In fact it pre-dates the internet.

You have to prefix Hora’s name with ‘**** off….”

Dems da rules

hora
    Free Member

Back in the days of Laser Quest people used to refer to me as ‘Red Dragon’. Jeezus it was embarrassing. I’ve had the nickname ‘hora’ since I was 17.

stanley

How do,
    As mentioned by nbt, thought I would call in for a beer or two 🙂
    Not seen Binners for years and can’t believe I’ve never bumped into Hora before!

Andy in real life btw

nbt

Gotcher mail and replied with me details. will try to stave off the hunger until a couple of people make it…

binners

If anyone gets there before me, I think its Staropramen in the Ox. One of those please 😀

nbt

If anyone gets there before me, I think its Staropramen in the Ox. One of those please

I;ll tell Hora 😉

Bregante

Bregante’s email addy is wrong.

😳
    I’ve emailed you….

Harry_the_Spider

Photos please and live updates as the evening unfurls.

Having £30 to last until pay day means that I shall be staying at home doing piece work for Santa by painting my daughter’s dolls house.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has the Hurting started yet?

Ooh I do hope so… 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I read that as hunting.

If I thought they were going to hunt each down in some sort of Grind House pub crawl affair I would have gone.

Darcy would win. 1) Becasue he is deadly and 2) Because he probably has a chisel in his bag.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no; the Hurting of Hora. It’s a Northern tradition, apparently.

Binners told me that it’s done as often as possible; it’s nice to know that people go to such efforts to ensure traditions are kept alive. It’s what makes us proud to be British.

Harry_the_Spider

I won’t comment on that for fear of some cock-spring branding me a racist again.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if any of you that are out happen to be reading this, i texted binners at about 6.45 to ask where you all were. and he hasn’t replied!
    i’m too tired to romp around the place searching for you all, so someone tell me where you’ll be at 8pm and i’ll be there! if not, well, sod you lot!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘I'm in Manchester next week – what's worth checking out in the evening?’ is closed to new replies.