• This topic has 311 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 312 total)
  • I'm in Manchester next week – what's worth checking out in the evening?
  • RustySpanner

I know the chef in that place – go for big hunks of meat for your main!

You won’t need a kebab afterwards, just a sedan chair.
    Have a cocktail next door first, they are bloody lethal.

Will be in the Britons next Thursday for a meeting.
    Up for meeting up later if anyone’s still standing about 10ish.
    Funnily enough am there tonight as well…….

Try The Angel on Rochdale Road on a Monday night for good ale and the company of real life, down to earth, nice to chat to TV and film celebs.

morgs
    Free Member

Thursday? Bugger……I’m in North Wales 🙁

Mon, Tue or Wed are best for me

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Bugger! I’ve just realised that I’m stoney broke so really can’t go out. 🙁
    So no need to be scared off, chaps 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I reckon the Ox pub then Akbhars

nbt

Dunno about you guys but I’m now of an age where I need to eat early, ‘specially when beer’s involved.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What happened to my chin-stroking evening at The Deaf Institute – that looked bloody great. 😐

Akbhars sounds good though hora – is that a place for the purveying and eating of fine eastern spicy foodstuffs? 🙂

EDIT:

Dunno about you guys but I’m now of an age where I need to eat early, ‘specially when beer’s involved.

Actually, kinda me too. Prefer the early curry, then beers at wherever – Immagonna carry a bag of parsley for hora to eat afterwards…I’m not sure I can take his curry-garlic breath on the back of my neck. 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I reckon the Ox pub then Akbhars

???

Cougar

An admiral idea.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

An admiral idea.

Immatinkin that’s a sci-fi related joke that’s gone so far over my head, it’s in outer space. 🙂

binners

Why don’t we do rusholme for a curry then a collective group chin scratch at the deaf institute/sand bar?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why don’t we do rusholme for a curry then a collective group chin scratch at the deaf institute/sand bar?

\o/

*checks out Sand Bar*

EDIT: *still prefers Deaf Institute*

nbt

why don’t we just stay in the centre and forget schlepping out to Rusholme? The food at the Ox has been pretty good when I’ve eaten there before – Sam’s Chophouse is ok too. Just don’t do what we idd on the last night out with Pook where we had about eight pints in Sams then realise it’ll be about an hour before they can fit us in so head to the Golden Arches of Happiness instead…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

head to the Golden Arches of Happiness instead…

If that happens, I will will feel very let down by my Big Night Out in Manchester 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course I speak like I actually know where these places are…is Rusholme quite the schlep from town?

RustySpanner

Doesn’t This n That open late these days?

Will check if there on Sunday morning……

hora
    Free Member

The Ox is good- Deuchars on tap and good food. Plus its 100m’s from Akbhars which kicks 99.9% of Rusholme into touch. Deaf institute is also closer (easy walk with peak perivle/britons protection on the way in close straight line) than Rusholme which is miles there and back?

Nbt- if I don’t eat due to drinking the night before a ride….on the morning of the ride my ass is like a poo-machinegun 😮 😀

binners

It’s DD’s night so he gets to choose! Dems da rules! There’s no shortage of decent places to eat! Is it defo a curry your after fella? I’m sure it’s not beyond our collective imaginations to find something to eat with a decent bar nearby.

We could eat in Kro Bar then sand bar and the deaf institute

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

my ass is like a poo-machinegun

Whereas, most days, it’s your mouth.

Ok, yeah, I have my coat, see y’all 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s DD’s night so he gets to choose!

Nowyertawkin.

No, not def a curry, I’m sure there will be some of those with the other lads who I’m helping out in Selfridges for the week…pub food is fine for me…with beers, and then maybe The Deaf Institute. I’m really wanting to see The Deaf Institute.

Jesus, “institute” is bloody impossible to type. I’m using TDI from now on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😆

On my own thread an’ all.

binners

Well cask is near the ox is also a blinding pub. The White lion, between the two, does a pretty damn good Thai curry. Down to the landlords mail order bride, by the looks of things. So the ox wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

hora
    Free Member

http://www.theox.co.uk/

^edit goodcall binners^

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

OK, I’m placing my arse in your capable hands gentlemen…the Ox sounds good for a start. Nice wine list too. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Its one of those rare places that I’d sit down and not move for hours. Rare for me as I’m like a Blue-assed fly normally. The Spanish wines are quite nice in there.

I had two reds (one the house) and I was surprised that it didn’t taste like Wetherspoons or chain etc wine!

nbt

Of course I speak like I actually know where these places are…is Rusholme quite the schlep from town?

It’s a bus or taxi ride rather than a social wander, for sure

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Selfridges,+Exchange+Square,+Manchester&daddr=Wilmslow+Rd%2FB5117&hl=en&sll=53.454392,-2.224509&sspn=0.001292,0.002411&geocode=FdEZMAMdOMTd_yHaMHl9aCmYpQ%3BFQunLwMdWQ3e_w&vpsrc=0&mra=prev&t=h&z=14

My suggestion is the ox (incl food), then cask (optional), then city arms. By that point I’ll be leathered and Hora will have failed to turn up anyway, so I don’t care where you go after that 😀

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t see you at wca’s but I saw you at the previous one 😉

The issue isn’t me turning up but shying off with ‘tiredness’

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t see you at wca’s – just me binners and wca…but I saw you at the previous one 😉

The issue isn’t me turning up but shying off with ‘tiredness’

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, is there a chance that hora won’t turn up? Please say it ain’t so Joe.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

more than a chance, i’d say…

anyway, i might be making an appearance too. depends; i doubt i’ll be there for food cos there’s nowt i can eat at the ox, but if you’re headed to sand bar then i could meet you lot there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo! Another one. That’s great xherbivorex. 🙂

Bregante

I might have to try and get Thursday off. Been ages since I’ve had a proper night on the lash

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay. Get in Bregante. Saves you seeing us later anyway duntit?

Bregante

🙂

edhornby

Apologies geezers/geezettes but I am not able to get out on Thursday…

I have seen Natty and he’s kinda good, modern take on Bob Marley, the pubs you mentioned were good calls, the britons protection has good beer

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well i don’t drink booze but sandbar sells erdinger alkoholfrei so that’d be me happy!
    i won’t be able to get there til about 7pm at the earliest anyway as it’s taking me the best part of 2 hours to get home from work at the moment (liverpool to manchester)…

nbt

hora – Member
    I didn’t see you at wca’s – just me binners and wca…but I saw you at the previous one

True I didn’t make that one. We had a private function with WCA for Marpleites a couple of months previously.

deadlydarcy – Member
    Jesus, is there a chance that hora won’t turn up? Please say it ain’t so Joe.

Hora is quite possibly the world’s biggest bagger. He’s previously promised to turn up to a ride, agreed to give someone a lift there, and actually driven the person out to Hope, from Manchester, but not ridden.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i’m not in manchester next week, but now i wish i was

One day, I shall visit Manchester.

And then the North shall tremble…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well the north can rest easy. It’s only me next week. And you can butt out you interfering flecker. 😛

Junkyard…where aaaaarrrrrrrre you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences- EDIT did not even see your page for me 😳 EDIT
    I am not the far from manc – e-mail me it would be good to meet up I will see what JSL are up to 😯
    Can lend you a bike and lights if you want to go for a ride ….depending on how tall you are.
    EDIT: YGM as i saw yours was in profile.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JLS 😆

Won’t be able to ride tbh. Am up there for work so will be hauling big ass all day. Probably not really up for a ride in the evenings. It’s looking like Thursday though for beers and food. I’m going to try the Cornerhouse for the Reel Deal on Tuesday evening. Only film I haven’t seen is Miss Bala.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘I'm in Manchester next week – what's worth checking out in the evening?’ is closed to new replies.