Home Forums Bike Forum If you only watch one video about Berd spokes….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If you only watch one video about Berd spokes….
    rickmeister

Just finished the week at Swiss Epic and quite a few riders were running wheels with these Dyneema spokes as well as Pidcock and PFP winning on them.

Found it a really interesting video from someone who really seems to know stuff…

thols2

Why is Tom Pidcock’s Olympic bike so fast?

Because Tom Pidcock is extremely fit and skilled. If he was riding my bike, he’d still be fast. Slightly slower than on his own bike for sure, but still much, much faster than if I was riding his bike.

Northwind

Yep, Pidcock’d be fast on anything.

But, still, I’m so intrigued by these spokes, I really want to give it a go. Stupidly expensive of course.

bikeseek
    Free Member

The tech behind those Dyneema spokes is fascinating. No surprise to see pros like Pidcock and PFP opting for them

Kramer
    Free Member

The reviews I’ve read of them have all been pretty mediocre.

chambord

The title is clearly tongue-in-cheek/clickbait to get some views and comments but the video is interesting and the chap making the wheels obviously knows his stuff and loves his job. Thanks for sharing.

tomhoward

They’re spokes.

theyre really, really light, provide comfort and are cool. They’re a pain in the arse to build with. And are expensive.

but they’re still just spokes.

augustuswindsock

Don’t worry, there’ll be some on temu in a week or two for a quid, someone be a love and try them out for us!

matt_outandabout

Don’t worry, there’ll be some on temu in a week or two for a quid, someone be a love and try them out for us!

They could post up when they have lots of time from the hospital bed. #WhatIsTheWorstThatCouldHappen?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.