Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 266 total)
  • idiots that bring nothing to the forum
  • aracer
    Free Member

Out of curiosity do the “correctors” for whatever reason, do the same when someone is talking? Regardless of a speak impediment or English not being their first language.

Apples, oranges. I won’t normally worry about the same precision in my speech when I’m talking*, but even when posting on here I do usually try to make sure it’s to a similar standard to what I’d write in an official report. It is accepted that people make mistakes, and in that case I’d hope any comment would just be piss taking rather than point scoring.

* though I have just spent the last week in a situation where I had to remember to call somebody “sir”, so was trying for similar standards in my speech – I’m sure the way some on here write their posts wouldn’t have gone down well.

wwaswas

Spelling really matters.

You only have to look at the ‘problems with my wife’ thread for evidence that a simple i/e mistake can change the meaning of what’s typed 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I just find it disheartening that someone sat at a keyboard many miles away mocks someone for their spelling. You do understand but you are just being a tool.

I don’t mock people solely for their poor spelling/grammar.I do it cos it’s fun.And if I’m to be a tool,can I be a blinkin’ huge hammer pleease?

footflaps

I just find it disheartening that someone sat at a keyboard many miles away mocks someone for their spelling can’t spell properly. You do understand but that you are just being a tool.

FIFY..

trailmonkey

is that a monster sized pie or a woefully small portion of chips ?

i’m using the pint for scale and thinking that it’s the latter.

it could of course be a half pint and things are even worse than i thought.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Meh. I’m just wondering why they aren’t marrowfat.

Squidlord
    Free Member

They are quite big chips, though.

psling
    Free Member

I find that poor spelling really can be the difference between being affluent and being effluent…

bikebouy
    Free Member

What a sorry thread, moaning and bemoaning about thread users and contributors…

I’d suggest most spelling mistakes are down to iPhone/Pad/whatzit/ autocorrect/incorrect and/or fat fingers.
    🙄

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I use quiet a few forums and I have to say this is the only one that makes me particularly anxious about my spelling and grammar.

thepurist

Well you can’t be sexist, racist, fattist, faithist, coffeist, razorist, wheelsizeist or anything else without being lynched by some offended faction on here, so being a grammarist is about all that’s left. Or rather was all that’s left.

Jamie
    Free Member

I use quiet a few forums and I have to say this is the only one that makes me particularly anxious about my spelling and grammar.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

😆 😆

CountZero

Again Jaimie wins the Internet for his graphic skillz.
    I do think it’s a bit rich for someone who’s been a member for three months to take it upon themselves to lecture people who’ve been on this site for far longer, probably years. Ten, in my case.
    I can’t be arsed to correct other member’s spelling, but it’s something I really notice, and do my best to correct in my own posts, because I spent far too many years proof-reading reams of text in publishing and print.
    To the OP, I respectfully suggest you lighten up, otherwise you’re likely to find yourself on the receiving end of a bit more than light-hearted banter.

Jamie
    Free Member

Again Jaimie…..

thepurist

LOL at Jaimei! 😉

bearnecessities

I’m finding it hard to spot the ionric spelling errors here now.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m finding it hard to spot the ionric spelling errors here now.

Which is making this one of my favourite threds for this year.

Jamie
    Free Member

Christ. The plebs are mating…

…may God have mercy on us all 😥

icarus
    Free Member

Looc,speling iz impoortent az eney fule no

fervouredimage
    Free Member

…may God have mercy on us all

Is disappointed.

northernmatt

I’ve only been regularly visiting this place for a couple of months. Clearly all the spelling correction and other stuff is all piss taking it doesn’t take a genius to spot that. I’m on a few other forums and some of the spelling/use of text speak is appalling.

@bear – Shirley that should be ionic thred? Or is that a physics joke too far?

hora
    Free Member

I saw the title and thought ‘my name must be mentioned multiple times in there’ 😆

CountZero

@bear – Shirley that should be ionic thred? Or is that a physics joke too far?

Quite possibly. And don’t call me Shirley… 😉

bearnecessities

What happened to OP anyhow; I thought he wanted to discus?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is disappointed.

How so my child?

stu170
    Free Member

Don’t worry im still here. Don’t get me wrong im all for banter. its a huge part of my job and I’m quite sure what I find amusing would horrify a lot on here.
    I am merely pointing out that it isn’t constructive to read a thread, and then contribute nothing other than point out someones spelling and grammar. That isn’t banter at all. Its pointless. And more so when people have issues with reading and writing.
    @countzero. Yes I have only been here a few months. May I say well done on your 10 fine years here. Do you get some sort of medal or badge when you hit 15 for long service?

bearnecessities

Stu180; I actually tried to defend you in you first post at god knows what time this morning suggesting you were probably just doing some peshed posting.

However, you just sound like a bit of a plonker now (you may not be, but you sound like it)

The post that you are reacting to initially (I had to research it) wasn’t particularly funny, but neither was it offensive.

There are people here that intentionally post a contentious topic at around 8am, ready to start to some nuclear all-day argument that monopolises this place for the whole day, or even more, just to goad those that cannot resist a debate. That is way worse than any pedantry in my opinion.

Spelling/gramatical pendants are kind of useful to be honest, as long as they are correct 😉

One thing I’ve realised in my short time here is there are a lot of very educated and informed folk. There are aslo an awful lot of uneducated yet informed folk. One thing though, is that there is a huge community, with only a couple of tits that are easily identified.

If someone tells you to get a dictionary, and it’s not funny or informative, just ignore it.

(But donn’t piss off Jamie, because he’ll just PS you murdering someone and you’ll end up as currency in Belmarsh)

tazzymtb

I bring nothing and even a side order of bleak that makes “nothing” look like a disturbing sexual encounter with that strange uncle who smells a bit funny and like to dress as a clown

matt_outandabout

That isn’t banter at all

One mans banter is another ones wind up, in my experience.

hora
    Free Member

Jesus was a ginger?

scuzz
    Free Member

Its pointless

What isn’t? 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Jesus was a ginger?

Strawberry blonde, if you don’t mind, sugar tits.

(But donn’t piss off Jamie, because he’ll just PS you murdering someone and you’ll end up as currency in Belmarsh)

northernmatt

Jesus was a ginger?

It’s strawberry blonde!

Edit: Jaimie beat me to it!

piemonster

What isn’t?

Quite right. We’re all dead men and women walking. Just as well talk bllx for poops and giggles whilst en route to the inevitable nothingness. Which I imagine to be a bit like Daybreak on ITV at 8.40am.

piemonster

Anyway, all this discrimination against idiots offends me.

yunki
    Free Member

I wish I could link pictures from this goshdarned smartphone.. I think I would post a photograph of Roger Daltrey tending his Koi Carp..

bearnecessities

Yunki, best I could do.

Jamie
    Free Member

psling
    Free Member

Doesn’t look very shy to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 266 total)

The topic ‘idiots that bring nothing to the forum’ is closed to new replies.