Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 266 total)
  • idiots that bring nothing to the forum
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Thanks Joe. Glad you are sat on that pedestal so high looking over us paupers.
    This is my point entirely and Im hoping you have the same sense of humour as me and posted as a joke.
    If not shame on you

Chill. Out. Dude.
    It’s just the interwebz, not real life. Go ride your bike.

kevj
    Free Member

monkeychild – Member
    Being good at spelling and grammar, brings the thread alive.

Are you saying good spelling and grammar are the 650b of the literacy world?

Rorschach
    Free Member

brodie
    Free Member

There is an awful lot of tat on here but lots of decent discussion too, most other cycling forums are much the same.

Just read what interests you and ignore the rest.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Picking up on spelling is just a laugh, I think. I really don’t see any need to get your knickers in a twist about it.

You must be difficult to live with if this annoys you. Just raise your eyes and move on.

I have corrected spelling on here and the following day had it done to me .I don`t get offended ,hopefully a quick edit can save my bacon !

Oh fer **** sake why have you put a space before every punctuation mark and not after?

hopes poster hasn’t topped themselves due to my cruel jibe.

griptool
    Free Member

Op, I had a look at your wee rant on the pedals thread and thought it came across poorly, getting breathlessly ad hominem seemed unnecessary (you cockjockey)TBH, perhaps you were PWPU.
    😉

Edit, for irony….lol

Shackleton

Spelling and grammar mistakes do annoy me and, although I would never post to correct someone, I do tend to pass judgement on that person in the privacy of my head. I would certainly never buy something from the classifieds through a poorly written advert. As this is a forum, rather than IM, there isn’t the time pressure to respond, so it isn’t hard to spend an extra 30 seconds checking over what you are going to post, particularly as most browsers now have spell checkers.

Maybe it is snobbish, but as far as I’m concerned if you think something is worth posting about, and you want others to take you seriously, then you should write like you think it matters.

Edit: The exception is rants – these must always be poorly spelled with bad grammar and random capitals. It’s just how things are done.

bearnecessities

I think OP might have been a bit inebriated; that’s what I thought when I first read it anyhoo.

He’s probably just woken up with a hangover, and possibly Susie Dent.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I don’t bother with this grammar/spelling joke, with the exception of picking up on the spelling or grammar of posts which are already picking others up on their spelling/grammar. I mean that’s just asking for trouble! 😀

PS I lurk on another non-bike forum where they really are serious about all this, and zealously moderate/delete what they see as lazy typing or text/yoof speak. 😯

Scapegoat

OP, you need to understand the subtle difference between light-hearted sarcastic banter and in-jokes, and actual attacks on people and their postings. Your post in the peddles thred was unnecessarily ad hom, and showed your complete misunderstanding of the whole Orange5/ Audi/IT management theme. I don’t really want to spell it out for you, as it goes a lot deeper than a few clique-based in -jokes, and you’d probably accuse me of snobbery and intellectualism.

anagallis_arvensis

The spelling and grammar zealots piss me off too. Whilst I realise I may be a bit precious about it but teaching kids all day who are too pissed off with the whole thing to write anything I dont think some smart arsed **** carrying on doing it to someone in adult life is funny.

and I do realise I am taking it far too seriously.

Ps my spelling is crap because I use a phone, have fat fingers and the shite screen means I often cant see what I’m writing, that and I’m too lazy to be bothered pressing more buttons than I need to.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I think it’s good that people point out spelling errors etc.
    Spelling is fairly important after all. You need to set certain standards otherwise stuff just becomes indecipherable.

Taking the related thread further above, I was wondering what the bloke was selling, but it turned out he wasn’t selling anything.

Scapegoat

a_a, actually, I think it should be spelled “****”

anagallis_arvensis

You ****. Hows. That. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

wwaswas

You ****. Hows. That.

Scapegoat

Much better. Have a goldpremier star.

Rorschach
    Free Member

OP, you need to understand the subtle difference between light-hearted sarcastic banter and in-jokes, and actual attacks on people and their postingsremove your heading from your semi colon.

aracer
    Free Member

Your post in the peddles thred was unnecessarily ad hom, and showed your complete misunderstanding of the whole Orange5/ Audi/IT management theme.

I think you mean meme. HTH 😉

bearnecessities

That looks like a nicely brewed tea.

Scapegoat

I think you mean meme. HTH

Don’t those have to have cats in them?

bigblackshed

4/10 for the rant OP. not EnoUGh RandoM caPiTalizaTion and speelin MistaKS.

HTH.

I may try a flounce, but will it limit me in being able to return with more useless and unhelpful advice?

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Spelling and grammar mistakes do annoy me

They annoy so many folk. It is why I put so much effort into my posts to avoid them 8)

TBH I see it as a bit pointless to correct most of the time. It is pretty rare that the grammar is so bad that you dont know what they mean
    Most times its just someone showing to the world they are a bit anal and think they are clever and like to adhere to archaic rules that add little to the world of communication expect to make some folk feel smarter than others. I use it as a method of outing and annoying those types.

I agree with the view of here on first sight I forgot what it was like as it seems rude and aggressive but most times it folk who know each other or just banter or argumentative types who bear no malice in having a debate/moan/whinge

ton

I rarely get flustered enough to insult folk on here.
    I used to in the past, but after a while you learn who is ok or who is a t wat, I fall into the latter tho…….. 8)

bearnecessities

It is why I put so much effort into my posts to avoid them

Missing full stop there fella.

nwgiles

I think we all need to put the biscuits down and have a big hug

Junkyard
    Free Member

FWIW its ok when its funny….better luck next time 😉

aracer
    Free Member

They annoy so many folk. It is why I put so much effort into my posts to avoid them

The thing is, there’s actually a difference between your (sometimes) poor grammar and spelling and that of those who really can’t be arsed. It’s quite obvious that you do make a bit of an effort, and most of us who’ve been here long enough recognise your posting style – I’m finding it somewhat disconcerting when you have a post with no spelling errors!

It’s the ones who just can’t be arsed and think that rather than them making any effort to make their posts easier to read the rest of us should have to put in extra effort to comprehend who are irritating, and I will happily pedant them all day.

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t care about spelling and grammar, I do that shit for a living.

Poor manners are what gets my goat. People posting endless inane questions and then arguing when they don’t get the answers they want.

🙄

roper
    Free Member

I find the spelling police on here a bit much sometimes too. Mainly for two reasons,
    1. I am dyslexic and so spent a good part of my early life being told I was thick or stupid and laughed at because of my spelling. Small unrequested corrections can appear a little condescending and rude.

2. I have a lot of friends for whom English is not their first language. The thought of correcting them when they speak would be nasty and uncalled for. Unless they specifically ask me to help them.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As always, the Daily Mash is on the ball.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

roper – Member
    I find the spelling police on here a bit much sometimes too. Mainly for two reasons,
    1. I am dyslexic and so spent a good part of my early life being told I was thick or stupid and laughed at because of my spelling. Small unrequested corrections can appear a little condescending and rude.

2. I have a lot of friends for whom English is not their first language. The thought of correcting them when they speak would be nasty and uncalled for. Unless they specifically ask me to help them.

I bet you spell checked this 3 times!!

project
    Free Member

Thing is, stuff like picking up on spelling mistakes often IS as a bit of a joke. Just like commenting on the state of someones grass/fence when they’ve posted a photo of their new bike, or complaining that the logos on the tyres aren’t lined up properly. Down the pub, you’d call it banter. You can take it that way in a forum too – or you can choose to be offended. Me – I tend to read everything as if the author is having a bit of a laugh

Well said.

Life is nt perfect.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I like the spelling nazis, they make me laugh when they get all upset over peoples spelling and punctuation on a forum about bikes and random stuff.
    Anyone would think its a job application or a magazine article they are scrutinising not a post about their middle class bauble car or their niche bike.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I don’t even care enough to reply.

Oh no, I di’nt???

gwaelod
    Free Member

The dialogue on this forum is conducted through the written word, those who are not able to express themselves well through this medium are at a disadvantage and should welcome attempts made by more learned forum members to lift them up to an appropriate standard.

piemonster

There’s a repot post button that will get our attention

😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s quicker to just post a picture of an enormous horse cock.

thegreatape
    Free Member

gwaelod – Member

The dialogue on this forum is conducted through the written word, those who are not able to express themselves well through this medium are at a disadvantage and should welcome attempts made by more learned forum members to lift them up to an appropriate standard.

That’s a bit rich from someone who just bashed the keyboard when choosing a username.

+1 for assuming that correcting spelling/grammar is just banter. What else could it be?

chakaping
    Free Member

Down the pub, you’d call it banter.

Down the pub anyone who behaved like the OP is complaining about would quickly get invited out to the car park.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 266 total)

The topic ‘idiots that bring nothing to the forum’ is closed to new replies.