Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 266 total)
  • idiots that bring nothing to the forum
  • stu170
    Free Member

So a littlw earlier I got pretty annoyed by a chap that decided that rather than give a good informed answer ti the op’s question. He would rather pick up o spelling. Yes this individual was a prenium member. Yes I am not. But why oh why does a premium member of an off road cycling forum decided to pick up on the spellling of an other user.
    Why does the mods allow this to happen. And why do other users not pick up on it and have a go at and hopefully eradicate the spelling nazism, that happens too often.

Discuss

stu170
    Free Member

And guess what. I know there is a few grammatical errors. And I really dobt care. My point is made. Do you understand it?

bonchance
    Free Member

retracted

nonk
    Free Member

I don’t mind it mate it makes it easy to identify the sad acts

JoeG
    Free Member

Its Premier.

Glad I could help. 😉

bearnecessities

Understand frustrations, but chill fella, don’t get angst about some pedants with little willies 😀

It’s late, don’t discuss, bed time.

stu170
    Free Member

Thanks Joe. Glad you are sat on that pedestal so high looking over us paupers.
    This is my point entirely and Im hoping you have the same sense of humour as me and posted as a joke.
    If not shame on you

joebooker
    Free Member

There are people on here who comment with unimpeachable authority on some threads, and take snide little shots at others on some threads. They think themselves very clever, extremely droll, and cuttingly witty. Their responses to various posts are simply manifestations of their mood at the time. A lot of this is probably because people don’t listen to them in real life (or appreciate their ‘qualities’), so they post on STW forum threads instead.

I once got wound up by the rudest (ex) member on here, responded to one of his most hateful posts with to-the-point personal insults, and he was banned for life soon after. I now miss his ridiculously self important, tragically insecure, mockney ramblings. It was a bit like watching David Brent in The Office – hard to believe anyone could be so pathetic. But great entertainment once you decide not to be offended and appreciate it as comedy.

So the people who appear ‘rude’ and make you want to punch them in the face, in my opinion boost the entertainment factor on STW.

sbob
    Free Member

My point is made. Do you understand it?

No.
    Because your grasp of the English language is so poor.
    HTH.
    Sbob.

scotroutes

Thing is, stuff like picking up on spelling mistakes often IS as a bit of a joke. Just like commenting on the state of someones grass/fence when they’ve posted a photo of their new bike, or complaining that the logos on the tyres aren’t lined up properly. Down the pub, you’d call it banter. You can take it that way in a forum too – or you can choose to be offended. Me – I tend to read everything as if the author is having a bit of a laugh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No.
    Because your grasp of the English language is so poor.
    HTH.
    Sbob.

You really can’t understand what he means? You must be a bit thick. 😆

wordnumb
    Free Member

Obvious troll is blatantly blatant.

And don’t tell me Yes he is not.

chewkw
    Free Member

Please use ‘maggots’ for description instead of “idiots” as the latter is a bit rude.

🙄

nickjb
    Free Member

Just like commenting on the state of someones grass/fence when they’ve posted a photo of their new bike, or complaining that the logos on the tyres aren’t lined up properly

I’ll let the grass/fence comment go as sometimes it may be meant as humour but logos on tyres, no.

piemonster

Can someone translate the OP for me, I can’t get beyond the third word before falling to the floor in a apoplectic fit.

cranberry
    Free Member

Clip-clop, clip-clop went the hooves on the bridge, as Godwin looked on and died a little inside.

piemonster

Ahh I see, now that makes perfect sense.

cardiac
    Free Member

I can confirm, I am idiots.

yunki
    Free Member

When I first started coming here I thought the forum was populated by rude, arrogant public school tossers, it used to drive me mental, but I I kept using the site for chat and info..

After a while, I realised that what I had taken for rudeness and childish piss taking was just mostly friendly banter and in-jokes that have been going on here for years and years.. I was just taking it personally..

As for the spelling and grammar nazis? Well, it’s actually a really good tool for keeping a certain level of intelligent communication going, angry young school aged low IQ trolls that you see all over every other forum and message board on the web, simply can’t be arsed. If you embrace it, you become kind of encouraged to take a bit of pride on your presentation, using spellcheck and looking up words etc.. So it’s like a free self motivated education really, which is nothing to be sniffed at in this age of cut throat capitalism..

It’s a shame I agree, life should be more wholesome, less shallow.. But it’s not

mtfu princess innit

shifter
    Free Member

So a littlw earlier I got pretty annoyed by a chap that decided that rather than give a good informed answer ti the op’s question. He would rather pick up o spelling. Yes this individual was a prenium member. Yes I am not. But why oh why does a premium member of an off road cycling forum decided to pick up on the spellling of an other user.
    Why does the mods allow this to happen. And why do other users not pick up on it and have a go at and hopefully eradicate the spelling nazism, that happens too often.

Well done for the apostrophe, the rest is shocking.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have corrected spelling on here and the following day had it done to me .I don`t get offended ,hopefully a quick edit can save my bacon !

MrNutt
    Free Member

…and you’re point is?

oldnpastit

+1

If you’re really getting annoyed by people posting remarks about spelling on a cycling forum then you’re going to find the internet a very stressful place….

zippykona

njee20
    Free Member

Bad spelling and grammar does really annoy me. I may pick up on it occasionally in a tongue in cheek way, but wouldn’t post solely to do so.

I tend to offer something helpful to the thread at the same time as a cheap insult. Keep things in balance and that.

The OP: your handwringing is excessive though, you need to get over it. Particularly thinking the mods care. Can tell you’re new!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Fragile little soul eh?

fasthaggis

Iv your reely geting annoyd bi peepol postin remurks aboat spilling oan ah sycling forhum thenn yoo’re goan 2 finde teh internetz ah veri stressfool plaice..

To troo

Twin
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    …and you’re point is?

😆

Kryton57

I’m not sure you’ve really brought anything to the forum OP…

therag
    Free Member

It makes people feel good about themselves, thank them for the lesson, knowing you have brightened up their day.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Stu, it’s hard to know whether you are serious (in which case, should we be sympathetic?) or having your own joke with the forum. Your first two posts have so many spelling and grammatical mistakes that I thought that you were joking at first. But then you do seem quite annoyed.

Discuss

The “Dictionary” post seems rel harmless and there is much worse stuff on here. If you are serious, then I would relax and ignore. If its a joke, that was quite some effort in the wee hours!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I have nothing to bring to this discussion…

ratherbeintobago

What Yunki said. This place is by and large fairly helpful and benign; there are one or two unhelpful sods about but in general it’s a much more pleasant forum than, say Bikeradar.

Drac

Why does the mods allow this to happen

There’s a repot post button that will get our attention we may not agree or may agree but if it’s not reported then chances are we won’t see it. Unlike many members we don’t spend every minute on the forum so often rely on posts being reported.

jekkyl

If no-one corrected your spelling then you’d never learn that you’ve spelt it incorrectly and look like a fool whenever you used the incorrect spelling for the rest of your life!

Do you want to look like a fool every time you post?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Is it the same as the report button Drac? 😉

sparksmcguff

I’m an idiot and as a general rule contribute nothing and I have a P by my name on this forum, can I join in?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

sparksmcguff – Member
    I’m an idiot and as a general rule contribute nothing and I have a P by my name on this forum, can I join in?

You’ll fit right in.

boxelder

Picking up on spellings is often done to highlight the assertion that the original post is perhaps a little lightweight or pointless, or when there’s amusement to be had from the OP being a bit precious.
    Asking that mods eridicate it is a little over the top and your use of nazism is funny in itself.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Being good at spelling and grammar, brings the thread alive.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 266 total)

The topic ‘idiots that bring nothing to the forum’ is closed to new replies.