Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Royal Wedding
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Royal wedding, FA cup, X factor, Big Brother,  – all stuff I’m happy to miss

Same here, I’m escaping it all in the pits at Thruxton at the moment.

Seems really quiet around today, even driving here this morning the roads were pretty empty.

farquaad
    Free Member

I brought a new hat to watch it with, I like Harry and given the shit he’s had to go through, Mother killed at an early age by his Grandfather in law for being pregnant by a Muslim,  being dragged down and made to walk behind the coffin by the media, his own parentage in doubt, it’s amazing he hasn’t flipped out.

So I wish him nothing but luck and I’m glad he’s been free to marry whoever he wishes, I bet some of those courtiers have been wringing their hands and running round screaming. David and Wallace must be turning in their graves, how times have changed.

So thanks for re naming the thread I had to search and search again I thought it had been deleted by a leftish STW Republican conspiracy. I’m off now to spot Chinless Wonders and waistcoats on the telly oh look I’ve just seen George Clooney, she’s got a nice hat.

God Save the Queen

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hopefully she won’t look like a big meringue, Scarlet.

funkmasterp

My neighbours are all dressed up for a wedding with guests arriving in the same attire. It’s all a bit weird, but harmless enough.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just put it on the telly for the mrs. Beckham, Tom hardy and the Clooney were just arriving. Watching all the other posh/well to do folk walk in. Not one of them particularly acknowledged any of the ushers/police officers, until Beckham arrived anyway, a quick word with them all and a shake of the hand. Love the bloke he’s got class and time for normal people. That’ my viewing done for the day!

RustySpanner

They seem like a nice couple and I wish them luck.

Anyone spotted any ‘rough sleepers’   or did the police carry out their orders?

convert

Harry and the other one leave me in a slight conundrum – they seem like perfectly nice men but I despise the whole concept the UK having a royal family in the 21st century. Given the opportunity to vaporise the whole clan far enough in every direction of the blood line that a ‘rightful’ monarch could not be found I’d gladly press the button (taking out the dribbling sycophantic idiots that turn up to wave flags on days such as this as an unfortunate but probably desirable secondary effect).

So I simultaneously wish a young couple happiness whilst hoping for a blood bath.

Drac

Anyone spotted any ‘rough sleepers’   or did the police carry out their orders?

Wearkng a union flag gives you permission to sleep rough.

farquaad
    Free Member

That’s not very nice, what would you prefer then a corrupt ex reality TV chump as the head of your wiser and betters? Don’t think there will ever be a situation where there are not assumed wiser and better people to rule over you.

martinhutch

I like Harry and given the shit he’s had to go through, Mother killed at an early age by his Grandfather in law for being pregnant by a Muslim,  being dragged down and made to walk behind the coffin by the media, his own parentage in doubt, it’s amazing he hasn’t flipped out.

Good effort!

You seem familiar. 🙂

EDIT: The bridal car is giving it the beans down the Long Walk. A real reward for the long-suffering royalist crowd. She must be late or something.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looks like a beautiful wedding.

Happy for them.

Marking exam papers and watching.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lovely dress 😇

nealglover
    Free Member

Good effort!

You seem familiar

Mmmmm. I wonder?

Who could it be.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Something in my eye

bikebouy
    Free Member

She’s got a beautiful smile, and they both look extremely happy together.

I wish thier lives long and prosperous and full of joy.

😇😇

martinhutch

Lovely.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Cool priest.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Who’s the loon on the stage at the min?

lister

He’s giving it the beans.

PiknMix
    Free Member

This guy is hilarious, I really want to see him send one of those candles flying.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Cool priest.

Yeah but he ain’t arf going on a bit.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I never thought I’d see the day where you see royals thinking in their minds WTF !!

theotherjonv

Where’s he going with this……

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He’s making the most of speaking to the world.

Peace through love.  I’m an atheist but agree with him.

RustySpanner

Kryton57

I like Harry and given the shit he’s had to go through

+1 Probably as “real” as a Royal ever can be IMO.

Shitload of Black people in that church, and too right as well in general, but it pisses me off that ultimately its a political statement.

Drac

Coming to America,

wrecker
    Free Member

but it pisses me off that ultimately its a political statement.

What a load of complete bollocks.

I think it’s great that there’s an african amercian choir singing Ben E King at a British royal wedding. I like even more that it’ll piss off the closet racists. To say that it’s a political statement is dogshit.

Kryton57

Right.  You think the Royals filled the church with Black people for the sake of it?  Why didn’t the have a black choir for other weddings, we all know how good they are.  Or the Black priest?  They’ve only done it to symbolise her background.

You need to be closer to it Wrecker.  The fact they are promoting her as “Black” addition to the family isn’t going down well in some cultural circles.  She’s not truly representative, she’s as close to being white privileged marrying into Royalty as they’d accept.  Do you thinking we’d be watch Harry marry a dark skinned girl with a big afro and no money from Nigeria on telly?  No, we wouldn’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve nothing against her or Harry and I wish them the best.

Edit: And I think the multi-cultural exposure is a good thing BTW, I just would have like it because that’s what our country is, not because it serves the need of the monarchy.

wrecker
    Free Member

Do you think that it might be because there has not been a black participant by any chance?

“They” have done nothing but let the bride have a wedding she wants. They aren’t promoting her as black, she IS black (well mixed race).

I think that some people (and I can take them or leave them myself) are so entrenched in their views that something the dislike can never ever do anything which doesn’t have an agenda. It’s not a sign of a healthy outlook. Intolerant, closed minded, bitter and inward looking.

TiRed

Local to me. But nobody wanted to rent our driveway! Good luck to them. I know what it’s like to get married without a parent. Big events always focus the mind on your loss.

Not a royalist, but rather like Harry. Seems honest and open.

Kryton57

“They” have done nothing but let the bride have a wedding she wants. They aren’t promoting her as black, she IS black (well mixed race).

And if you can show me the evidence that Megan requested everything I posted, I’ll eat my words in front of you.

I think that some people (and I can take them or leave them myself) are so entrenched in their views that something the dislike can never ever do anything which doesn’t have an agenda. It’s not a sign of a healthy outlook. Intolerant, closed minded, bitter and inward looking.

Me?  No.  I’m happily watching the telly with a Black wife, Black extended family and two mixed race children.  Just keeping it real mate, lest you forget the recent Windrush scandal…   In all we are happy to see so much positive black representation, its excellent.  But don’t be so naive as to think its a coincidence.

wrecker
    Free Member

Me?  No.  I’m happily watching the telly with a Black wife, Black extended family and two mixed race children.  Just keeping it real mate, lest you forget the recent Windrush scandal…   In all we are happy to see so much positive black representation, its excellent.  But don’t be so naive as to think its a coincidence.

What the hell has that got to do with the royal wedding? You can choose to believe what you want, if you think that it’s all a big manufactured ploy because it sits with your dislike of the royal then that’s up to you.

farquaad
    Free Member

Welling up..

Talk about fairytale ending..

There’s only one country in the world that can deliver this.

Days like today you can be forgiven to be proud to be British.

Kryton57

Intolerant, closed minded, bitter and inward looking.

I was responding to your implication here.

if you think that it’s all a big manufactured ploy because it sits with your dislike of the royal

I didn’t say either, you need to read back.

wrecker
    Free Member

I was responding to your implication here.

I didn’t imply anything, and I certainly wouldn’t accuse someone of what you interpreted. You clearly read what you chose to.

angeldust
    Free Member

Was the dress Rab or Decathlon?

Cletus

Did Victoria Beckham think she was going to a funeral?

farquaad
    Free Member

The Lady Farquaad wants to know why our lawn doesn’t look like that and now guess where I’m headed.

rmacattack
    Free Member

That’ll be a few more people to add to the gravy train. tax hikes incoming

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Royal Wedding’ is closed to new replies.