Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Royal Wedding
  • farquaad
    Free Member

I must have missed it, I searched and searched..

Where is the Royal Wedding thread?

Surely someone has something to say?

Drac

The what?

farquaad
    Free Member

It must be here somewhere, is nobody interested in what dress she’s going to wear?

funkmasterp

Who’s wearing a dress now?

leffeboy

Is Phil getting married?

farquaad
    Free Member

Philconsequence? He doesn’t come round much these days.

scaredypants

I heard she’s having one of those gold and blue ones*

*or whatever

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Which ones a royal? The American or Hewitt’s lad?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Constantly regurgitated on BBC news all sodding day.

Hes only a minor royal, she’s about to be his wife..

Big deal.

Must be a bad news cover up few days.

Cougar

<mod>

I’ve edited the thread title.

</mod>

Cougar

Must be a bad news cover up few days.

Yeah, May sneaking a bunch of new favourable peers into the HoL.

ninfan
    Free Member

Have to say that I ended up going through Windsor yesterday, just before the rehearsal, and the security operation is incredible.

I cant help but think that if the weather holds, then its going to be flipping spectacular! Soft diplomacy at its best.

richmars

I guess the media are making a huge thing of this is that the next big royal event will be a funeral.

vongassit
    Free Member

I’ll watch it , if I can have a live mike feed from Prince Phillip. I think that would be an event to remember.

cchris2lou

It should be spectacular for £30 millions !!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Happily riding in The Cheviots tomorrow ..blissfully not giving a toss …

Klunk
    Free Member

I guess the media are making a huge thing of this is that the next big royal event will be a funeral.

hopefully an extinction level event

v8ninety

<harrumph> didn’t even get a bank holiday out of it. Some royal bloody wedding. What’s the point in that?

maccruiskeen

I guess the media are making a huge thing of this is that the next big royal event will be a funeral

Spoiler alert!

Tiger6791

Had a ride through today to see what thI fuss was about.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1579783440

SaxonRider

I’m pretty pro-monarchy as a concept, but have no interest in tomorrow’s events other than to wish them – as I might any young couple – well.

jekkyl

Pregnant within 12 months

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ll be cutting the grass. Or painting it and watch it dry. Or grow. Or something.

mooman
    Free Member

Pregnant within 6mths is my guess; she is after all knocking 40 … they will want to knock at least 3 through her.

Best of luck to them on their big day. I think this will very likely be the end of the big royal wedding events … as much as the media are telling us we are excited about it, I have yet to hear anyone say so …

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, she’ll be walking over the remains of Charles 1st on her way to the “altar”.

Both bits, presumably…

rmacattack
    Free Member

Yep everything already said. Last big wedding , next event a funeral, baby in 9 months with another in 20 months. Divorce in 3 years or so.

airtragic
    Free Member

Saxonrider +1

grum
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot

Will they be waving the stained sheets from the consummation?

Feels like fiona bruce will be pointing out every move and witchell will be toadying up to the royal wet patch.

martinhutch

At least there will be a lower than average number of royalist nutjobs out and about today.

The low-flying aircraft taking off every 90 seconds out of Heathrow will add a touch of class to proceedings.

spekkie
    Free Member

Royal wedding, FA cup, X factor, Big Brother,  – all stuff I’m happy to miss 🙂

edit: although I concede that all of the above bring joy to untold millions.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Been watching the BBC for all of 3 minutes and they are already mentioning colour of skin and culture.

Bunnyhop

Can’t wait. Although today is too nice to be stuck indoors, meaning I’m recording events, fast forwarding through the tosh later.

I really like this new Royal couple. They’re going to be spreading joy around, supporting their mental health charities and they are so people friendly and likeable.

She is only 36, so not really pushing 40. Let’s not bring this thread down so soon.

senorj

My mother ,I shit you not , has bought a hat , to go and sit at a friend’s house to drink prosecco & watch it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Interesting short interview with a young lady of mixed-race parentage who showed a wedding photo of her parents, married in the 1980’s.

She said that the “British Nazi Party” staged a march outside the church,  which had been provided with police security for the event.

She takes this marriage as a sign if how far “we’ve” come since…

If you accept this interpretation, then it’s hardly surprising that the racial heritage of the bride is mentioned – as far as I can tell,  in a generally positive way.

I’ve just noticed that many “voxpop” interviews taking place are featuring two people, one of “white” inheritance and one of “black”.

Seems like a useful propaganda effort to me.  Especially in the light of Ruritania’s upcoming new international status.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I really like this new Royal couple. They’re going to be spreading joy around, supporting their mental health charities and they are so people friendly and likeable.

Yeah, totally agree with that.

Thoroughly nice people by all accounts, and yes plenty of time and support for the less fortunate. Indeed qualities to behold, but lets not forget they have the time and money to devote to such holy deeds.

Couldn’t they have just have a quiet “do” on a field near the Thames with a view of the Castle? Seems highly fitting IMO. Fiona Bruce on stilts and that Whitchel bloke breathing helium just before spewing so platitude from out of his “little royal book”

My mother ,I shit you not , has bought a hat , to go and sit at a friend’s house to drink prosecco & watch it.

*Applauds

Dedication to the end, hope she enjoys herself and her friends company.

spekkie
    Free Member

“She said that the “British Nazi Party” staged a march outside the church, which had been provided with police security for the event.”

😮

seadog101

Thank the great BBC for giving us Radio 6. The only place that seems RW free.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes indeed,  “spekkie”. Also an indication of just how far Harry himself has come.

Seems a very grounded chap with a clear idea of what he wants to do with his life. ..

Regarding the costume you mention – grief is played out over a long period of time,  and can unknowingly produce the most bizarre actions if not reflected on.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

CGAF.

2 phenomenally fortunate people getting married,  whose actions in their lives will in all likelihood have no affect on my life ever & I all in most probability never meet….blah, blah, blah…..

Load of tosh!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Royal Wedding’ is closed to new replies.