Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Royal Wedding
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

This thread is so STW….a glorious Royal wedding, our Household Calvary the finest ceremonial troops in the world stunning on the grand drive….and we get a row about racism!

FFS!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

TBH I’ve found it amusing watching secretely racist Tory minds implode at the diversity, the pastor and the music. The spluttering from toff commentators trying to explain why this is actually good and how they think the Queen looked a bit uncomfortable. The Daily Wails comments section is **** hilarious, talk about cognitive dissonance. It’s like they feel a gigantic wet cock is being rubbed all over their faces.

spekkie
    Free Member

i have literally just realized that Maghan is Rachel Zane from Suits!

Damn, he’s a lucky boy.

Disclaimer: rural Spain, Spanish TV and my having no actual interest in the royal wedding is to blame.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

“Fairytale ending”?

Yes, incredible to see a young couple fight through such hardship to make it to the altar together.

X

Cougar

Who could it have been, you mean. (-:

bikebouy
    Free Member

Welling up..

Talk about fairytale ending..

There’s only one country in the world that can deliver this.

Days like today you can be forgiven to be proud to be British.

Low expectations are indeed low expectations.

It was a fabulous ceremony, very well scripted and catered for the diversity of modern Britain. But essentially two more diverse a couple have joined in a holy matrimony that should be the overwhelming message (should any be needed) A message that hopefully will spread far and wide, a message that no matter your race, creed, colour, upbringing, values nor political viewpoints that Love will prevail and so they enter a world of communion and togetherness.

But dear god, the fawning by the media 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

matt_outandabout

I thought this thread was about the forumite who got married today….I’m off for a dad dance and glass or two in a while with the winning couple. 😎

nealglover
    Free Member

Who could it have been, you mean. (-:

Well, there always one that makes a fool of themselves at a wedding and then gets Hammered 😂

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The priest was great, a lot of befuddled faces when he was going for it

If anyone missed it, i’ve recorded a bit

Northwind

“a message that no matter your race, creed, colour, upbringing, values nor political viewpoints that Love will prevail and so they enter a world of communion and togetherness.”

Not to be a downer about this, but “Royal marries millionaire celebrity” isn’t really sending that message is it? It’s not a negative thing, it’s just not exactly a shining example of diversity and equality either.

nealglover
    Free Member

Not to be a downer about this, but “Royal marries millionaire celebrity” isn’t really sending that message is it? It’s not a negative thing, it’s just not exactly a shining example of diversity and equality either.

All depends on how you want to slant it really doesn’t it.

“Royal marries mixed race girl who was brought up in a single parent home by a mother who was a social worker but needed to work a second job as a yoga instructor to make ends meet”

would also be true, but creates a different tale to the one you chose to use.

BigJohn

I was in a room when it was on TV for about 5 minutes.  Hearing the unquestioning positive drivel from the commentators made me realize what North Korea must be like

dannyh
    Free Member

My indifference-o-meter went into the red over this wedding if I’m honest.

No bank holiday? I’m not **** interested then, I’m afraid.

Would have been nice to have an invite, mind. What with me having contributed to the ceremonials with my taxes and all that.

Wonder if he got a cheeky nosh in the carriage on the way to the reception…..

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Didn’t see any of it (riding me bike) but they both seem OK despite the pressures thrust upon them so best wishes from me.

rene59
    Free Member

I care about it just enough to post here to say I don’t care about it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I would have an issue with it if the tax payers contribution could have been put to better use.. But given how excellent all public services are in this country I’m happy to pay into someone else’s wedding.

Drac

Yup I mean it would have only trained around 3,000 nurses but we don’t need any.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

This guy was great….

<div></div>

SaxonRider

True, but my impression of Prince Harry is that he has not really taken his status either for granted, or something that separates him from others. Stories of him with his unit in Afghanistan, for example, are entirely positive, and of him simply being ‘one of the men’. Equally his work since. I might be wrong, but he seems like one of the most genuine people around. I get the impression that his royal status has been less a barrier between him and real people than possibly any royal before him – or at least for a very long time.

Consequently, diversity and equality is a message that is easier to see that if he was just any royal.

Anyway, just a thought.

Alpha1653

From first hand experience, Harry’s a bloody good guy: down to earth, genuine and a first class officer. I’m somewhat indifferent to watching the wedding, but I wish the couple the best for the future.

Cougar

“Something something taxpayer”

They paid for it themselves AFAIK.

myopic
    Free Member

Avoided the whole fawning orgasmic slobberfest from the media all day until the Mrs cracked tonight and had to watch it on the news. Then she fell out with me because I didn’t respond appropriately to the exhortations to look at this, look at that…

Lost count of how many of these I’ve avoided, going  back to Anne and MP, and still nobody gets that I’m just not interested.

Cougar

I don’t think I’ll ever quite comprehend how anyone can be so disinterested in something that they’ll open a forum thread discussing something they’re disinterested in and then take time out of their day to craft a post explaining their disinterest.  It’s like ringing a radio phone-in vote to go “no comment.”

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Personally I thought MC Hammer was great.

Northwind

Nealglover wrote,

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

“Royal marries mixed race girl who was brought up in a single parent home by a mother who was a social worker but needed to work a second job as a yoga instructor to make ends meet” would also be true, but creates a different tale to the one you chose to use.

</div>
    Um. “Making ends meet” in this case included sending her daughter to a $20000 a year private pre-school

And there’s nothing wrong with that at all, but it’s not much of a rags to riches story.

CountZero

Oddly enough, I managed to go the whole day without seeing anything about it on telly or hearing much about it on the radio, and I didn’t have to make much effort to do so either. The only thing I read was an article about the E-Type Concept Zero Harry drove Megan to the reception in. Nice car, that.

I have no issues with either of them, I wish them all the best, and I’m not going to be one of the professionally offended like some.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I like Harry.

If anyone else’s grandson became an Apache pilot in Afghanistan and then snagged some fit bird off of the telly then he’d be a bloody hero.

Coz he’s a royal then it doesn’t count?

good luck to both of them I say.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I also like Harry ..the only royal I’ve ever stood close to .. he was buying his Coop meal deal ( stood in a small queue ) in Bellingham along with his army buddies while on a training exercise at Otterburn Camp..

It was quite amusing as everyone knew it was him but just treat him as you would any normal bloke ..

Missed it all yesterday ..but I’m quite averse to weddings anyway..Royal or otherwise.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

All the people saying you like Harry, what is it you mean?

Have you met him or are you saying you like the way his PR team have protrayed him in the media through which you ‘know’ him?

outofbreath
    Free Member

A co-op meal deal? How dare he! That would feed 3 starving Children in Africa.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Daily Wails comments section is **** hilarious, talk about cognitive dissonance. It’s like they feel a gigantic wet cock is being rubbed all over their faces.

One can only dream…

rmacattack
    Free Member

Well as predicted the media is now turning it into a race/culture news story along with a section in the showbiz section due to all the Holywood luvvies. Can’t the gutter news not just keep it as a wedding and not tangent off to try and rise public opinions.

bikebouy
    Free Member

F’raid not.

Gossip is what the News is.

xcracer1
    Free Member

I thought it was excellent, way OTT, but still enjoyable. Made me realise how important family is seeing only Meghans mum there from her side.

ransos
    Free Member

Oddly enough, I managed to go the whole day without seeing anything about it on telly or hearing much about it on the radio, and I didn’t have to make much effort to do so either.

I spent the day riding my bike.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m loving all the comments about Daily Fail types and hereditary grandees being upset by the American preacher. As if they’ve got the self awareness.

The higher ups who have the self awareness will have just shrugged and said “Give them their five minutes, it won’t change anything in my life or attitudes as I’ve got enough money and land to insulate myself from this equality shit”.

The forelock tugging Daily Fail types simply don’t have the self awareness. They probably sit in church every Sunday morning nodding at all the ‘love thy neighbour’ stuff, then start the hating as they leave the door.

dannyh
    Free Member

By the way, how the hell do you post a link to YouTube on here that actually shows the preview? Bloody ‘upgrade’.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Eden Valley Boy

I’m saying I like Harry because he appears to be a fairly normal kid …

I’ve never professed to ” know ” him ..so yeah its the way he has been projected in the media..

However as far as the wedding goes ..as previously stated earlier in the thread ..on a couple of occasions ..I couldn’t have given a toss !

I didn’t watch any of the build up to it or the wedding itself and had a fantastic day with friends riding my bike in the heart of the Cheviot Hills .

So what’s your point..?

Is it that I’m not allowed to form any kind of opinion ?

( waits for the OP to come back with his opinion as to why I’m not allowed to have one 😁)

stevied
    Free Member

Watched a bit if it yesterday and thought it was nicely done. Harry & William seem to be doing their best to integrate with ‘normal folk’and bring the Royal family back to earth a bit.

I thought this was a lovely comment:

hopefully an extinction level event

Maybe you and your family could be present too Klunk?

slowoldman

our Household Calvary the finest ceremonial troops in the world

They should have a TV show of their own.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Royal Wedding’ is closed to new replies.