Home Forums Chat Forum I don't handle crap jobs very well

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • I don't handle crap jobs very well
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Work is disorganised, unproductive and stupid. This results in low pressure low expectations.

However, as you can probably tell from my volume of posting, it’s doing my nut! I appreciate idling as much as anyone, but the lack of direction and drive is not doing my state of mind any favours.

Anyone else trying really hard to care about their tasks at work?

Jamie
    Free Member

However, as you can probably tell from my volume of posting, it’s doing my nut!

Must have been doing your nut for a looooooong time then buddy.

alexxx
    Free Member

its hard when you lose motivation – best thing to do is ban yourself off the tinterweb though and try to crack on – whenever I do that its better but it is hard!

yossarian
    Free Member

turn singletrack OFF

turn email OFF

its like a snowball effect, once you’ve knocked out the first couple of shite jobs it gets easier and easier to finish them all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no one forces you to skive off on here whilst blaming them for it
    Some self discipline, self respect and a work ethic would also help
    HTH

roach

Exactly how it is for me atm.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jamie.. yeah.. In about 2009 or so my job fizzled out and I haven’t had any kind of real creative pressure apart from the odd occasion. I’m a bit worried I’ll lose my brilliant hardcore genius edge, y’know..?

Not blaming anyone. Fully responsible for it. Hence thread title.

100% agree!

poppa
    Free Member

Can I borrow your high horse after you’re done?

grum
    Free Member

HTH

Bad mood today?

Jamie
    Free Member

*Chuckles at grum’s stalking of JY*

DezB
    Free Member

turn singletrack OFF

How do you do that?

Whenever I have documentation to do my mouse automatically opens the forum instead of Word. I wish I could switch STW off!

yossarian
    Free Member

How do you do that?

I’m not practising what I preach ffs!

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I wish we could trade sometimes

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not at work stuck at home with ill child – you could stalk the child care thread to rub my nose in it- who keeps waking up only to be cuddled by me whilst vomitting [ often on me]..not my best day.
    Again though I meant it mainly in humour [like I have any of those qualities] and I expected a dig back actually…do I need to put a wink on everything silly I say ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Ruins your self confidence and also ruins your resume – its all so slow to occur though that you don’t realise how much of you is eaten away by the job/managers attitudes until the major damage is done. It gets harder and harder to fill in application forms for other jobs because of the self esteem loss and the decreasing work experience you are able to cite. Get out while you can. I stayed to long in similar situation as it became so hard to get out. It became a disaster.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wish we could trade sometimes

Yeah, you’re a far better worker than me!

Midnighthour – yes, although as a contractor I’m moving about a fair bit. And a few other things have helped my self confidence. I am a bit worried about my skill set though since most of these places have been stuck using old tech – that doens’t help. The CV entry for these last few jobs is embarassingly short, cos there’s f all to report!

grum
    Free Member

:stalk:

Better without smilies I reckon, makes it more fun.

And what Midnighthour said.

aracer
    Free Member

Anyone else trying really hard to care about their tasks at work?

Due to be made redundant next week, so not trying all that hard to care at the moment. I suppose the only thing is I do have a certain number of things to sort out before I go, and in theory some flexitime still to take, so should really just clear my desk.

molgrips
    Free Member

Due to be made redundant next week

Ah sorry mate 🙁

That’s me reminded to count my blessings..!

You gonna be ok?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wtf is it you do exactly Molly? Is it just that there’s literally nothing for you to be doing that you can do so much posting? Or is it procrastination? Is there anybody that checks up?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m a programmer.

My tasks are very light and have loong deadlines, and there’s a lot of disorganisation with respect to my colleages with whom I interact. So it takes ages to get responses on things and so on.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Do all you jobs and you can come home and cuddle your adoring wife and child…

Jamie
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah.. ok.. shall I stop arguing with Edukator on the other thread then? 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect you are being paid a relatively good wage, and I also suspect that coming here and suggesting that you can’t even manage to do a low pressure, low expectation job with anything like the correct approach is a pretty poor show.
    To be brutally honest, it makes you sound like a spoilt brat.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How come this episode of The Grips Show didn’t come up on my STW Planner?

oddjob
    Free Member

Consultant on the bench syndrome.

I know how it feels and it isn’t much fun

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally, as well as blaming binners, I thought the show had been cancelled.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes loads of money for doing a job that lets you fritter away your tim eon here and still not happy tbh its not the job its you 😆
    Perhaps TSY can do a course for you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have gone out if I’d known. Got shed loads to do this afternoon as well 🙁

What have I missed? Is it going to be on Moliplayer?

molgrips
    Free Member

To be brutally honest, it makes you sound like a spoilt brat.

Interesting interpretation.

Are we not allowed the occasional moan about our jobs then to relieve the pressure?

The pressure in this case not being deadline related of course.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I’m sure I sent personal invites/reminders to everyone that was important.

crikey
    Free Member

You’ve moaned and you’re moaning about me moaning about your attitude?
    How much, in terms of salary are you actually being paid for this?

Jamie
    Free Member

What have I missed? Is it going to be on Moliplayer?

😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

The pressure in this case not being deadline related of course.

How much pressure is there associated with not being under pressure?

aracer
    Free Member

You gonna be ok?

I get a decent payoff and there’s the possibility of getting a job in wind power, so don’t feel too sorry for me 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Crikey – I am sorry for any offence. I had hoped for a bit of light hearted banter but I should’ve known that it could cause offence to others. Please accept my apologies.

Quite a bit. It’s hard to physically stay in the room sometimes! Comes down to job satisfaction I suppose.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve been there – I can imagine how hard it is to understand for those who’ve never experienced that sort of procrastination hell.

Jamie
    Free Member

Crikey – I am sorry for any offence. I had hoped for a bit of light hearted banter but I should’ve known that it could cause offence to others. Please accept my apologies.

C’mon soldier! Man up and defend yourself!

You gonna get jived by some punks, with your good lady watching?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘I don't handle crap jobs very well’ is closed to new replies.