Home Forums Chat Forum Hurricane Helene – Berm Peak

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by mtbfix.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hurricane Helene – Berm Peak
    Murray

This just popped up in my YouTube feed. North Carolina is absolutely devastated. Seth’s very good at first person reporting, he has the video skills and Starlink to be able to tell the story. Worth a watch.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Western North Carolina is in a heck of a state. I’m meant to be riding there (both Brevard and Pisgah) in December and I wonder how the trails have held up. They’re big mountains but they’re not like here – there’s soil and trees well over 1500m.

On Saturday my mother in law headed from NC to Georgia where my sister in law lives to be there for the birth of my nephew, which happened yesterday and I think it was slow enough that the journey was done in two parts, spending the night in South Carolina, but manageable and things seem to be working well, including fuel getting through, further east in those states.

mtbfix

That’s a good boots on the ground report of the state of things. It rather lays bare how our society teeters on a knife edge in terms of things working because everything else is working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.