Home Forums Bike Forum how do people livestream a cycle ride and how can they afford it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • how do people livestream a cycle ride and how can they afford it?
  • racefaceec90

sorry for the dumb question(s) but i have seen a few cycle livestreams on twitch and would like to do it myself one day but not a clue how (also it must cost a lot for the mobile internet also) how do people afford that and not go into poverty if doing a long ride?

thanks in advance 🙂

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

also it must cost a lot for the mobile internet also

Voxi do unlimited mobile data for £35pm – hardly “going into poverty”

tomhoward

Save up before starting?

seriousrikk

OK, starting with mobile internet. My contract is not the best but I still get 15gb per month for just over a tenner. For under £30 a month you can get unlimited data.

A livestream is going to use approximately 1-1.5gb an hour and considering my normal monthly use is considerably less than 15gb I could get 4 hours streaming and it wouldn’t cost me a penny extra in data.

So then it comes down to the camera. You can just mount your phone on your person or bike and use that – but it’s a bit clunky. Folks who do it probably have a gopro or similar. On a gopro 7 or newer the gopro quik app has an option to livestream to the main platforms (facebook, youtube, twitch).

They even have instructions https://community.gopro.com/s/article/How-To-Live-Stream-From-Your-GoPro?language=en_US

You know, I might try live streaming my next ride to see how it works.

racefaceec90

thanks for the replies all.

ah i didn’t realize there was unlimited internet p/m for £35 or so, that seems most reasonable.

i definitely want to give it a go at some point.

thenorthwind

The “hows” are fairly easy to answer. “Why” is the difficult one for me.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not actually noticed cyclists IRL streaming on Twitch before, I’m surprised it works given how many issues people seem to have with network drops etc. just IRL streaming walking around in area with good mobile coverage (and some of them using IRL streaming backpacks that cost a few £k and can link to multiple networks)

matt_outandabout

“Why” is the difficult one for me.

Indeed.
    But then I am not understanding of twitch, Gogglebox etc..

footflaps

I defriended someone on FB as all he did was livestream all his Zwift races. He’s just sat on a turbo in his garage for hours on end, but livestreams it all….

kormoran
    Free Member

Do Holland and Barrett let you film in their shops?

Asking for a friend

mjsmke

Sim only on O2 here for £15 a month.

Unlimited everything.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

definitely want to give it a go at some point.

Why?

FOG

You have to ask why? But you also have to ask why would anybody want to watch? If you want to share a route there are loads of ways of doing this.

xraymtb

They may stream it but more importantly does anyone watch it…and why?

spooky_b329

I’d rather watch an edited video rather than a rambling live stream!  Even made up of ‘one takes’ with imperfections, as long as the sound is decent and it’s in focus etc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.