Home Forums Bike Forum Hope SeatPost Clamp: Bolt Thru to QR?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope SeatPost Clamp: Bolt Thru to QR?
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

On my new bike I got a Hope SeatPost Clamp,but it is a bolt thru. Is it possible to convert to quick release or do I just need to buy a new SeatPost Clamp.

From one of these:

To this:

Thanks.

pixelmix
    Free Member

99% sure you can buy the QR lever separately for your existing clamp. Check some of the big online shops that do Hope stuff.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I don’t think so as the recess for the brass bushing is not milled out on the non-QR version? I stand corrected – That was the old ones:

Hope seat clamp QR conversion kit

Converts 2009 onwards bolted seat clamps to QR type

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/55/scsp001/hope-seat-clamp-qr-conversion-kit.html

Smarty
    Free Member

plopnofear, if your clamp is EXACTLY like the one in the first pic then no as this is the old design. the new style is interchangeable

PlopNofear
    Free Member

It’s like the one in your picture you posted, so I’m assuming that will work.

Smarty
    Free Member

Yes it will, you just need to buy the kit that foxyrider mentioned.

EDIT: my first post should have read ‘if it’s like the one in YOUR first pic it won’t work’
    sorry for any confusion.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

The one on UKBikeStore is Quick Release to Bolt on. Not the other way around, and I can’t find any other dealers.

GHill

Get in touch with Hope. They’ve been excellent with advice when I’ve emailed them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You can convert a new style bolt-up to QR, I had to do it after the threaded insert in my brand new one snapped while tightening up the bolt!

The QR fits just fine and dandy, the threaded insert is stupidly thin walled. Don’t know why they have to make it out if soft as $h!te alloy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope SeatPost Clamp: Bolt Thru to QR?’ is closed to new replies.