Home Forums Bike Forum Hope floating rotors w/ Sram Codes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope floating rotors w/ Sram Codes
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hi, so do the Hope floating rotors work with Sram Codes? currently running 220mm rotor/e4s on Helm Mk2 fork with no issues.

Can’t seem to find a straight answer, so thanks for any helps.

Cheers

escrs
    Free Member

They will be fine

Pretty much all rotors work with all brake calipers

Some rotors do vary in thickness, some are 2mm thick some are 1.8mm thick but work fine with all calipers

The only exception to this is Hope Vented V4 rotors, these are 3mm thick and only work with Hope V4 calipers

reluctantjumper

The older Saw style rotors had issues with clearance on a lot of non-Hope brakes but the new style with lots of holes has the rivets 2-3mm lower down so not an issue any more.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Ah cool cheers, …

I thought at one point there was clearance issues with the rivets on some Fox forks but wasn’t sure about the rotor thickness issue.

Stw provides the answers yet again, thank you.

oikeith

I run the Magura MDP-R 220mm rotors with my codes fine, designs don’t look to different. The MDP-Rs are 2.0mm thick too

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh another question, will I need new brake adapters or will the existing hope ones im using be fine?

thols2

Pretty much all rotors work with all brake calipers

Except the Shimano calipers with the autolube feature. No rotor will work with those.

scruff
    Free Member

I have Shimano XT rotors 200/180 and Code RSCs. Autolube is not installed though.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Not quite as universal as ascrs implies, Hope floating rotors do not work with Sram guides or any of the the older Avid brakes, the rivets foul the caliper, same with Superstar floating rotors.
    Sold the rotors before I could try them with the Codes but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Hope rotors fouled them too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope floating rotors w/ Sram Codes’ is closed to new replies.