Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HELP – What to do – no free gift!!
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

My wife recently needed to upgrade her phone as her old one was knackard and battery wasn’t holding it’s charge.
    After a quick scan on a mobile phone site I’ve used many times before I found her a good deal on a phone which came with a free 19″ HD TV. I did a quick scan on the company that the contract was going through and couldn’t find any bad reviews so I thought we’d use them.
    Looked at their website and they also list the phone number and address of the company so everything looked good.

We had an initial issue after making the order that the phone we wanted wasn’t in stock and they were struggling to get replacement stock so we decided on a new phone and they dealt with that fine.

Phone turned up and in the package was a claim form to fill in and return to get the free tv. We sent the form off and waited the 5-10 working days for it to arrive but nothing. My wife phoned and got told they had processed our claim and the TV had been sent. We waited a few days and still nothing, wife called again and she got told this time they had processed the claim and the request for the TV had been sent to the warehouse not the TV itself and we would get the TV in a few days. Waited again and nothing. Now we either can’t get through or we get an answer phone to which serveral messages has been left and emails have also been sent and not returned.

Does anyone know where we stand with getting this free gift? Part of me thinks it’s free so no loss but the other part thinks we have been tricked into something wrongly if we don’t get it.

I wondered if it was worth contacting Orange who the contract was taken with and complain to them about the ‘reseller’.

I guess the best next action would be to write a letter and send it recorded delivery and keeping copies etc. for reference.

Has anyone had a issue like this before?

Stoner
    Free Member

unfortunately Orange wont give two hoots.

There’s been a fair bit in the consumer media about phone resellers screwing around. Let me see if I can find the articles to see if they suggets any remedies…

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Thanks for that Stoner, so reading between the lines it’s down to the company we signed through and luckily for them nothing to do with Orange!

I guess I will have to proceed with chasing the company then. Strangly in the past I have had 2 games consoles, a micro scooter and cash back all delivered with a contract like this. I didn’t think this was a too good to be true offer!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HELP – What to do – no free gift!!’ is closed to new replies.