Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 258 total)
  • Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?
  • pondo

Both of those guys can at least drive a car.

Harris can drive – Leblanc’s as ordinary as you or me would be with a bit of practice.

franksinatra

And yeah, I’ve never understood why a manufacturer would hand TG a Panda 4×4 knowing it’ll be destroyed either.

Really? The cars probably cost the manufacture £5k to make. They hand a few over to TG and they get shown performing very well to a global audience. That represents extremely good value for money.

We buy the Panda 4×4 for our staff at work who barrel them around the countryside. Brilliant little cars. Cheap, reliable, fun and and relatively bombproof.

Drac

Well that was awful. TGT was crap on Friday but not new TG crap.

kerley
    Free Member

Well that was awful. TGT was crap on Friday but not new TG crap.

At least TGT had a point to some of it.

Drac

It also doesn’t have Harris in it which is a big bonus.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am enjoying TGT – they do pretty much what you expect them to do and the jokes are all the same, but at least they have chemistry. I can’t bring myself to watch the new TG after giving up halfway through the last series (or was it the last but one, I don’t know, I can’t give a damn about it).

boblo
    Free Member

I like Harris but then I liked Gary Anderson in F1. I prefer solid expertise to bantz any day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I really thought Harris had an unassailable lead over Joey when all of a sudden, there was that jump just before the bridge and a bit of his tree fell out of the open boot. And next thing, Joey comes up as he’s trying to sort it out. Bloody hell. Made for a close finish though.

cokie

I really like Chris Harris, just not on Top Gear. He’s overly scripted and plays a part in Matt’s relationship.

Just watch some of ‘Chris Harris Drives’ on Youtube. He’s like a James May that can driver very well.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Scrap it and replace it with Project Binky.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s not even a real baby kangaroo.

pondo

Come on, Drac…

“Has Chris Harris left yet?”
     “… but I’m going to struggle, Harris is just awful.”
    “It also doesn’t have Harris in it which is a big bonus.”

… get off the Chris Harris fence, will you? 🙂

Drac

What are you trying to say? 🙂😜

I really thought Harris had an unassailable lead over Joey when all of a sudden, there was that jump just before the bridge and a bit of his tree fell out of the open boot. And next thing, Joey comes up as he’s trying to sort it out. Bloody hell. Made for a close finish though.

I know it was incredible given Harris can drive.

RustySpanner

They could have Biggins, Boris Johnson and Piers Morgan presenting it and it would still be better than TGT.

Nothing wrong with James May that some stern political re education couldn’t fix, Hammond at least has balls but Clarkson is a vile human being, a seasoned liar, adulterer, coward and shitbag of the first water.

Gunz
    Free Member

“talk of Paddy McGuiness & Freddie Flintoff taking over the reins”

Oh God, the thought of that just gives me a headache.

CountZero

I couldn’t quite see the point of having the Ignis with the Panda 4×4; I know the Ignis is being pitched as a compact (micro) SUV, especially with the 4×4 Allroad version, but it’s not really comparable to the Panda, surely the new Jimny would be the obvious competitor.
    Especially as it’s much less likely to have its front bumper ripped off!
    There’s some neat body kits for the Jimny which turn it into a baby G-Wagen.
    Still, I was impressed with how well it (sort of) managed to handle terrain it was never intended to drive over.
    The Panda didn’t surprise me at all.
    Jimny G-Wagen…

There’s a Defender version, too…

Although, I think I prefer this Black Bison version..

DickBarton

Watched it on iplayer…I was entertained.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with James May that some stern political re education couldn’t fix, Hammond at least has balls but Clarkson is a vile human being, a seasoned liar, adulterer, coward and shitbag of the first water.

He’s very amusing though and considerably more interesting than you!

globalti
    Free Member

The presenters are as infantile as that tall bloke on Car SOS who keeps slapping people on the back and calling them “mate”. I once bollocked a bloke in a bank call-centre for calling me “mate”; not many people get to call me that.

flange
    Free Member

he presenters are as infantile as that tall bloke on Car SOS who keeps slapping people on the back and calling them “mate”. I once bollocked a bloke in a bank call-centre for calling me “mate”; not many people get to call me that.

You realise you sound like a total bellend?

Drac

not many people get to call me that.

Can’t think why.

Nico
    Free Member

H8terz gonna h8.

RustySpanner

He’s very amusing though and considerably more interesting than you!

He’s about as funny as a rectal prolapse and as interesting as any other right wing, reactionary bore.
    I did laugh when he got sacked though.

And I don’t get paid to be interesting. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

What? No reaction?!

Thought it was entertaining Sunday night viewing for doing the ironing to.

What has Rory done to get himself practically written out of it though?

julians
    Free Member

What has Rory done to get himself practically written out of it though?

He’s extremely irritating, Its getting to the point that I have to go out of the room when he speaks.

Lasts nights show was mostly tedious apart from the review of the new m5.

Drac

What? No reaction?!

I’ve just awoke from the coma it put me into.

Dickyboy

Star in a reasonably fast car was actually entertaining for once 😮 M5 was tedious yawns ville. Tuk Tuk was to be as expected.

I’ll give it a B+

Drac

Star in a reasonably fast car was actually entertaining for once

It was the best bit. Which is very strange.

M5 review you say?

https://youtu.be/WGraLHYaAT0

Blackflag
    Free Member

Can’t stand Clarkson but still find TGT better than TG.

richmars

Fridays TGT was, I thought, pretty good. The Scotland in classic Italian cars was good (partly as I had a mate who had a red GTV6). The review of the BMW and Alpina was, well, a review. Even the talking in the tent was ok (I didn’t fast forward).

TG this week wasn’t.

Rich_s

TGT was interesting this week; TG less so. Some great banter on TG, but the scripted bits don’t seem to hold up to scrutiny (Harris and Joey a bit wooden unless they’re off script).

Big problem for TG is that Amazon have more money and Richard Porter – TGT can keep doing exactly what they’ve done for years and it’ll keep paying out for them. TG can’t do this, even though it’s “their” ideas simply because everyone knows it’s all been done before by another team.

By having Freddie and Paddy on board it’ll descend into Northern bloke self-parody laddishness and disappear up its own arse. It needs to change direction (let’s face it – it’s done it before) and leave nobbing around to TGT and sliding cars on tracks to Plato and Stiff Needell.

I’ll still watch ’em tho as long as they get rid of Rory and Sabine 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Was TG a repeat? I’ve definitely seen that one before.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was dull, that’s why there’s hardly any reaction.

The Tuk-Tuk scenes were copies of other original top gear adventures, it’s all a bit staid.

I’ve taken to watching Drivetribe, ferchistsake 🤷‍♂️

Drac

mrprops
    Free Member

The Tuk Tuk stuff was so boring and unfunny I had to stop watching it.

Kryton57

It was dull, that’s why there’s hardly any reaction.

The Tuk-Tuk scenes were copies of other original top gear adventures, it’s all a bit staid.

This, I made Tea during the tut tut piece.  The only credible piece was the M5 / C63 review which still got corny, and would be better if Chris Harris stuck to his internet persona.

I also watch TGT, which was much better.  Top Gear now likes like a cheap imitation of itself, with TGT at least looking like Top Gear with extra budget.

Drac

Well that was a better episode.

tomhoward

‘Bellend’ is a criminally underused insult on the BBC. Particularly in the news, but small victories.

flange
    Free Member

Really enjoyed tonight – that GT2 is immense

Drac

Yeah that looks fun.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?’ is closed to new replies.