Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 258 total)
  • Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?
  • kerley
    Free Member

Well that was a better episode.

Agree, was actually about cars. I was waiting for the staged ‘entertainment’ part of the show (usually about 40 minutes long) but it never happened.

Kryton57

I was prepared for this to be my last ever top gear, but actually that was alright.  That Bentley and the Megane well reviewed.

Drac

Agree, was actually about cars. I was waiting for the staged ‘entertainment’ part of the show

Well it did but it wasn’t as bad as previous ones as they did actually review the car too.

CountZero

I’ve long had a passion for the Continental GT, stunning car, exactly what a Grand Tourer was intended to be, but seeing one hammering along cliff-sided dirt roads in a rally style impressed the hell out of me, and it’s level of control on the ice as well.
    Loved the Megane too, I’ve driven most, if not all of the Renault range over the last three years, and I like them a lot, but that Megane is gorgeous.

tomhoward

If it were me in place of MLB in the first Bentley but, I’d have pissed against the door Harris would have been trying to get out of. Obviously didn’t like driving it THAT much…

gobuchul
    Free Member

I don’t know about TG, gave up on it ages ago but the current series of TGT is very entertaining.

IdleJon

Bellend’ is a criminally underused insult on the BBC. Particularly in the news, but small victories.

Agreed. But does anyone use the word ‘cocking’ other than TG script writers?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was a bit of a giggle.

The Rote Sau tribute though…excellent!

Any excuse to post a pic of the original!

So. Much. WANT!

Drac

Yes much better again tonight.

Merak

^this

Can’t help but feel we will lament the change from the current line up. It was an awkward start with Chris Evans. He was never going to fit.(irrelevant but cannot stand the man)

The current three make a decent fist if it imo. The episode with the Ssang Yacht a personal highlight.

Understood MLB is not continuing due to logistics.

I miss William Woolard.

Drac

Understood MLB is not continuing due to logistics.

He’s boning the producer.

Merak

^furry muff

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How do you know that?

convert

How do you know that?

It’s not a secret – been living together for a couple of years I think. Talked about it on a chat show (Graeme Norton?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not a secret – been living together for a couple of years I think. Talked about it on a chat show (Graeme Norton?)

Whoosh….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed last nights, except the tractor digging bit.

Rory, yeah might actually be warming to him now. At least he brings a different angle and humour to his pieces.

Chris Harris, he’s probably the best presenter now.

When this series finishes, what will Chiris Harris do? Hope he doesn’t go off back to YouTube land ..

Drac

Chris Harris, he’s probably the best presenter now.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Chris Harris is unwatchable.

Watched the 9th episode of the TGT last night and it was rubbish. Very disappointing compared to the earlier episodes in this series.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

So boring I turned it off, digging a hole WTF.

Kryton57

So boring I turned it off, digging a hole WTF.

+1 kinda – it was on but I was paying it lip service.  No new/proper reviews like the previous episode.  Very dull use of our licence fee.

stumpy01

I liked last night’s episode. Best one of the series so far.

Not looking forward to the change to Paddy & Freddy…..

simondbarnes

No handed drag racing FTW 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, that was interesting… are all cars set up so they veer left when you take your hands off the wheel?

Or are they all knackered ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed last nights….. no handed drag race was a cracking idea! MLB seems to be a bit more natural now.
    I’m hoping that Chris Harris will take over as the main presenter with Rory as a sidekick and the others just making ‘guest’ appearances – otherwise I’ll not be watching.

stumpy01

I’m hoping that Chris Harris will take over as the main presenter with Rory as a sidekick and the others just making ‘guest’ appearances – otherwise I’ll not be watching.

Erm, you’ve not seen this, then…..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45937945

sharkbait
    Free Member

oh crap

Harry_the_Spider

I just hope that they can script McGuinness so that he comes across like someone else. Freddie should be good value though.

Shame the main line up isn’t going to be Harris, Rory and Freddie. With McGunniness doing something else, preferably on a different channel.

tomhoward

Yeah, that was interesting… are all cars set up so they veer left when you take your hands off the wheel?

Give it a try in yours, let us know the outcome?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I heard they should veer left away from the centre of the road and on coming traffic.

I really enjoyed last nights episode, despite the lack of car reviews.

Rich_s

are all cars set up so they veer left when you take your hands off the wheel?

Road camber, innit?
    Not if you’re on the right hand side of the road/runway tho…

P-Jay
    Free Member

When this series finishes, what will Chiris Harris do? Hope he doesn’t go off back to YouTube land ..

He’s staying.

I like Chris Harris, he’s funny, he can drive, what’s not to like? He even likes a Mountain Bike.

I quite like McGuinness, but really only after a few beers on a Saturday night watching ‘Lighty Likely’ or whatever it’s called. I’m told Freddie is funny on a Sports Quiz show he’s on, on Sky I think, but it Football based I think so I’ve never been drawn to it. I’ll have to see how it works out.

I can’t be upset by TG any more, I’ll watch it it’s on, I wouldn’t be beside myself if I missed one and I don’t expect to be blown away by it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Give it a try in yours, let us know the outcome?

Nah, I’d rather someone else do it.

Oh, Road camber.. good point. Maybe runways have it as well to clear standing water.. 🤷‍♂️

bikebouy
    Free Member

The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up.

Oh, good.

Though not too keen to hear the other two have either been banned from driving or have employed that Lawyer who gets Schlebz off driving bans.

Dont think that’s a very responsible angle from the Beeb at all… 🤦‍♂️

Drac

I like Chris Harris, he’s funny, he can drive, what’s not to like?

He can’t present, he’s unfunny and a bit dull. He can drive though as demonstrated last night.

onewheelgood

Chris Harris’s review of ordinary cars was the best thing that’s been on TG this season.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well that was pretty good.

Nice to see Stephen Mangen back on TV.

Rory did a good piece on the obnoxious Rolllllllle!

Harris still the best presenter, shown by the pics on the ST.

Glad it’s ended, the clip of the two norvern blerks looks pants.

Drac

That wasn’t too bad Harris is still crap though he’s  just wooden.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teaser for the new version…

Coming soon…probably

CountZero

while I admire the engineering and build in that Roller, there is no possible way I could be convinced to own one, even given I had the means to afford it without a care.
    I think that Aston would look betterer in a darker colour, that lime green did it no favours at all.
    Like the look of that Fiesta ST, though…😬

fooman

Front lights are too small on the Aston.

Anyway I’ve come up with my Top Gear dream presenting team. Bring back Chris Evans, change Paddy McGuinness for Keith Lemon, mmm, who else? James Martin? If that doesn’t kill TG nothing will. Looks like it has outlived TGT too, isn’t this the last series?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 258 total)

The topic ‘Have we had a Top Gear thread yet?’ is closed to new replies.