Home Forums Bike Forum Have we done the new Pace RC429 yet?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Have we done the new Pace RC429 yet?
    rootes1

looks like a great swiss army knife type of bike, will work for lots of folk. Still wish they would just get on do limited run of modern geo square tube frames… just for those of a certain age.

clubby

Looks good but can’t help think it’s trying to be all things to all riders. Too many mounting points I’d never use and don’t like the stoppered holes for the dynamo cables. Those tiny bungs always fall out. Be interested to see if it’s full 853 for that price. Only need to use the downtube to able allowed to put a sticker on it. Eg Solaris states 853 front triangle 

matt_outandabout

Afternoon coffee break = import geometry to compare to a Solaris.

https://bikeinsights.com/compare?geometries=6595156964565e001bd32980,6391ed78509c7a002236796f,

airvent
    Free Member

Flipping heck have I been under a rock? £900 for a steel hardtail frame?

fettlin

airvent

Free Member

Yep, welcome to 2024.

Ironically, this is one of the more reasonably priced steel hardtails…

chestrockwell

Look up the new Cotic Solaris thread!

bikesandboots

Be interested to see if it’s full 853 for that price. Only need to use the downtube to able allowed to put a sticker on it. Eg Solaris states 853 front triangle

The main triangle is 853, as per Pace responding to @chakaping ‘s question in Pinbike comments.

crossed

Question for the 429 owners here…

How are you liking it???

I’m in the market for a steel hardtail and the Pace is ticking lots of boxes for me. Sadly I’m nowhere remotely close to them so a demo ride is out of the question. I’ve previously had a Solaris Max running 120mm and 130mm forks and was wondering how the Pace compares? Riding is going to be the Chilterns trails, mainly XC stuff with the odd trail centre thrown in for good measure. It’ll most likely end up as my main winter bike.

Just trying to make my mind up before they come back in stock.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.