Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)
  • GX AXS imminent release?
  • julians
    Free Member

Got mine fitted this morning, seems nice, very clean shifting in the work stand but not been out on it yet.

Seems to work perfectly with a shimano 12 speed cassette and chain.

I wasn’t aware that you could pair it with a garmin watch or bike computer and display things like battery level and what gear you’re in.

Kuco

How are people getting on with this?

julians
    Free Member

How are people getting on with this?

Its really good, perfect shifts every time. cant see any downsides apart from the price

honourablegeorge

Nearly went nuts trying to get it smooth on my bike. Was of course a slightly bent hanger. Definitely more sensitive than XTR 11s which was shifting perfectly on the same hanger, but that’s just a 12-speed/giant cassette thing, not an AXS thing. Quick tweak to the hanger and it’s all good. but not ridden it in anger yet.

Kuco

Thanks.

teethgrinder

What’s the general consensus of those who bought GX AXS? And where best for discounts?

julians
    Free Member

run and ride have a 10% off site wide using the code tigeek. Or at least they did when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago.

frogstomp

And where best for discounts?

I think you’ll be looking for stock rather than discounts right now..

teethgrinder

Yeah. I did come across that issue.

binman

Start Fitness.  See the discount thread and it turns up within 24 hours….

Too nice to actually fit to the bike.

doomanic

Have they actually got any? I looked earlier and couldn’t find them.

teethgrinder

They’ve got X01 for 700 but looks like no stock. No GX showing up

yoshimi

julians
    Got mine fitted this morning, seems nice, very clean shifting in the work stand but not been out on it yet.

Seems to work perfectly with a shimano 12 speed cassette and chain.

I wasn’t aware that you could pair it with a garmin watch or bike computer and display things like battery level and what gear you’re in.

Posted 1 week ago

Does it? Can I do this with my Edge Explore? (I’m mid-build and not got everything set-up yet)

julians
    Free Member

There is a GX eagle AXS upgrade kit for sale <href=”https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/2021-sram-gx-axs-upgrade-500.20887/”>Here second hand for £500 if someone is looking for one.

Does it? Can I do this with my Edge Explore? (I’m mid-build and not got everything set-up yet

dont know which garmin devices support it, I just know that it works with my garmin fenix 6 pro watch

lawman91

Been on it since the day after launch and well impressed so far! I got on okay with the stock rocker paddle but upgraded to the newer style rocker and prefer that overall I think. Shifting is fast, crisp and consistent, seems better under load than the mechanical X01 I took off the bike (which shifted super well already!). Been riding every day this month, just a quick half hour spin before work and the battery is still good in the mech, still flashes green when I check the battery life. Overall, well impressed and basically indistinguishable from the X01 AXS I’ve ridden before.

teethgrinder

Just got back from infinity in Durham. Old XX! (which was nice) stripped and GX AXS on in <15 mins. Will try it out on the trails tonight after WFH.

Nice and easy. Did wonder if the XX! carbon/alloy cage would swap over, though.

teethgrinder

I do like it a lot. Snappy changes up and down, and linking the AXS app to my Fenix 5X gives a nice breakdown of gear usage.

Paddle position will probably take a couple of rides to get used to, though.

binman

Anyone bought a spare battery, just in case ? If so, where from ?

Looking for anywhere selling a paddle upgrade in the UK, but can’t see anything available. Any clues ??

I have added the axs to the Garmin fenix 5 plus, but where do you get the breakdown of gear usage ?

teethgrinder

Gear usage comes from the AXS app opening up a browser page.

Couldn’t find a revised paddle in the UK anywhere. Went German in the end. Sub-€30 all in.

https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Eagle-AXS-Controller-Shifter-Lever-Rocker-Paddle-black

DickBarton

AXS.sram.com – login with your axs account and it will show you ride data. It isn’t shared so no other users can see it, you can also authenticate with Garmin and you’ll get your ride route showing as well. Add gearing details and the data starts to grow…

mattbee

I found the updated paddle worse than the original one, couldn’t get it into a decent position and it felt less intuitive to use so I swapped back and moved it on. Bought mine from one of the euro places although I can’t remember which.

Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘GX AXS imminent release?’ is closed to new replies.