Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • muddyfool

Yeah I found GTA4 lacked a lot of the more fun parts from previous games but having read through the review it does sound much more varied. Also, from the IGN review:

I bought an expensive mountain bike and cycled around in the hills, enjoying the view.

🙂

anonymouse
    Free Member

Everyone gave GTA 4 10/10 too, and I was a bit underwhelmed with that. I really hope this lives up to the hype, because it looks and sounds utterly awesome!

Edge didn’t.They’re notoriously stingy with their 10s.

Jamie
    Free Member

Eurogamer bucking the trend, and going for a 9/10.

Also, on the Eurogamer site, some interesting info on why you shouldn’t install the play disc on Xbox 360:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-16-rockstar-warns-dont-install-gta5-xbox-360-play-disc

Edit: Postman has just been, and no GTA5. Gutted no early copy, but to get into the spirit, I punched him in the throat, nicked his van and am now being tailed by a police helicopter after running down several pedestrians.

Torminalis
    Free Member

According to the Mrs, I have to buy a copy and play it through so she can watch it!

Result.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife also likes watching me play, and I like watching her play too.*

* the innuendo in this sentence may be deliberate

Drac

Just in from 14 hours at work and ready for some GTA V sadly I’m going to have to wait until tomorrow.

PrinceJohn

Mine is currently in Yorkshire according to the Royal Snail track & trace… which is annoying cos I’m in the south of the country…

scandal42
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be relying on the supermarkets having some left in stock tomorrow.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to update my previous post. I managed to lose my wanted level by popping into Kwik-Fit, and getting my car resprayed. The police waited outside while this happened, I was surprised they didn’t just come in after me, but they seemed happy to do 3 point turns in the street. Anyway, I thought I had got away with it until one of the coppers reversed into me as I drove out the garage, and I’m now being chased again.

…plus my dickhead cousin wants to go bowling again 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol@Jamie

takisawa2

to get into the spirit, I punched him in the throat, nicked his van and am now being tailed by a police helicopter after running down several pedestrians.

Just to update my previous post. I mianaged to lose my wanted level by popping into Kwik-Fit, and getting my car resprayed. The police waited outside while this happened, I was surprised they didn’t just come in after me, but they seemed happy to do 3 point turns in the street. Anyway, I thought I had got away with it until one of the coppers reversed into me as I drove out the garage, and I’m now being chased again.

…plus my dickhead cousin wants to go bowling again

Superb. 😀

But…how did the Post Van turn into your car…?
    Your making this up aren’t you. You are. Your making this up.
    Are you in that Hebden Bridge place ? It always seems to kick off there.

Jamie
    Free Member

Your making this up.

Nope. The idiot really does want to go bowling.

matther01
    Free Member

Waiting patiently for the postie to arrive…taken the week off work especially. Now where is that bloody postie!!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

2 iOS apps have been released in conjunction with GTA5.

GTA V Manual (122mb)

iFruit (444mb)

njee20
    Free Member

Jamie you’re fast becoming my favourite contributor to these here forums.

I never thought I’d be one of these people, but I’ve booked the day off tomorrow to play it.

Jossie

Day off and its just arrived in the post.

Mini update – on PS3 in needs around 6Gb storage.

Edit – 8Gb not 6, writing is too small. Still loading!

pondo

Stupid work filter won’t let me view reviews on gaming sites, but the Telegraph has a rather spiffing account of it, if you’re in the same boat –

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10312515/GTA-5-review.html

Royal Snail says it’s been delivered – just waiting for reception to stop nattering and let me know it’s there. 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Postie been…. Nothing

I hate amazon

Jamie
    Free Member

My postie doesn’t deliver till about 5 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

I only got up early for this!

I’ve even got my “big American titties” tee shirt on!!!

Hummpppffff not happy 👿 🙄

tlr

Mine’s arrived. Hurray.

But I’m at work. Boo.

Might have to skip tonight’s chain gang….

bob_summers

In terms of story, characters and overall “atmosphere” they haven’t bettered GTAIII in my opinion, so i’m keen to see what this is like.

Lifer
    Free Member

Mwah ha ha!

Game texted me yesterday to let me know I can pick it up today. 😀

[/schadenfreude]

bob_summers – Member
    In terms of story, characters and overall “atmosphere” they haven’t bettered GTAIII in my opinion, so i’m keen to see what this is like.

Really? San Andreas was much better (best game ever IMO).

Drac

Mine arrive just before the trip to the vets for the dog back home now and GTA V is almost installed.

See you next month for online folks no swearing on the forum or other rule breaking whilst I’m gone.

bob_summers

Lifer, agree to an extent. SA was mind blowing in terms of size etc, I still dig it out today for the odd blast. Feltlike ssomething was missing though. Missions far more memorable in GTAIII, IMO. It also had Scientist on the dub radio station 😀

matther01
    Free Member

I loved Vice City and SA…hope this is as good….come on mr postman…its my birthday and i wants it!

Actually my bday is friday…but feels like today.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Damn it, my postman is gonna get my foot up his ass when he turns up at 3 this afternoon, Lazy little sod!

matther01
    Free Member

Can i get a hallelujah…just arrived…now where do i sign on these divorce and custody papers love?!

Drac

Driving is very similar to Need for Speed series the R8 is great fun.

Oh and careful when pulling into your drive if it’s accidentally your neighbours he may step out infront of you resulting in him being crushed against his house. Just saying.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s an R8!? :mrgreen:

molgrips
    Free Member

Does his house then go up for sale and osmeone else mov ein?.

Drac

Time will tell Molgrips.

Of course there’s an Audi they seen how many STW members were planning on playing so had no choice.

Jamie
    Free Member

See you in a month…oh, and well done Tesco.

BoardinBob

I’m going out to hunt the postman shortly 😡

core

Don’t play on my PS3 much, normally just multiplayer with mates, but I am going to have to get this.

Only game (besides obvious COD) that’s interested me since Uncharted 3

molgrips
    Free Member

I liked Uncharted 3 but it only lasted me a month.

marko75
    Free Member

I liked Uncharted 3 but it only lasted me a month.

Do you like puzzle or adventure games?

If its the former and you like the Portal series then I can recommend

Quantum Conundrum from PSN – even the wife loved the game!

endurogangster
    Free Member

Get your rat out, my usual midget postman is off today which has meant the post has turned up before 12! Now just the 8gb install to wait for, see you next year everybody

molgrips
    Free Member

Er, dunno, I like any genre if it’s decent. I like intellectual content, which is why I liked GTAIV – the story was interesting. Infamous otoh was only mildly diverting in a run up and down buildings/zap stuff spectacularly sort of way, the story and acting was properly risible.

Currently over-gamed anyway – need to finish Liberty City stories, then I have to get back into XCOM, and I haven’t even opened The Last Of Us yet! Ok so it was free with my console.

I think I’ll rush through LCS and get GTAV though, the rest can wait.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Apparently there are local references in the game, such as the tram works. What else have you found?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.