Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Old men in gym changing rooms.
  • vermillion
    Free Member

What is it about old men getting changed after a swim,shower or workout?
    It seems the wrinklier their buttock cheeks are,the bigger their bellies and the saggier their gonads,the longer they leave it before donning their underpants after drying themselves. They even manage to have conversations with other old men whilst buttoning up their shirts with their cocks still on display,what’s all that about.
    I’m no spring chicken but at least I have the decency to put my undies on as soon as I’ve dried myself and I don’t need to put one foot on the bench and floss my arse crack for ages with a towel to achieve this.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Pah too late 🙁

vermillion
    Free Member

Haha,,that’s exactly it..Cheers Flux and Mrs Toast 😆

WaywardRider
    Free Member

Funny how in communal showers – yes there are still some around – you never see anyone under 40 using them?

Northwind

My boss is one of those guys… I stopped going to the gym a while back but at least once a week for a year he’d come wandering over (always holding a towel) and start a conversation about work. Not the most productive conversations really.

stick_man

It’s a sign of true liberation from giving a shit about what anyone thinks about what you look like.

binners

You do realise the only blokes who go to gyms are closet homosexuals and people nursing character disorders?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They’ve lost the insecurities of youth. Sounds like a good thing to me.

It’s a sign that they no longer give a shit about common decency, probably don’t have sexual relations with their wives/estranged wives and are living out some weird homo-erotic fantasy by getting their flacid cocks out in front of other blokes. There’s no need.

I’m 40+ and don’t feel the need to get my nob out in front of other blokes, or my daughter (reference the other thread a week or two ago). And before anyone says anything, I’m probably just about the most sexually uninhibited bloke you could have the misfortune to meet 😉

Right place, right time!

IMO of course…

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s easy – don’t be a man and then you don’t have to go in the male changing rooms.

Rachel

thegreatape
    Free Member

People who complain about this are usually scuttlers anyway 🙂

vermillion
    Free Member

It’s a sign of true liberation from giving a shit about what anyone thinks about what you look like.

I’m not sure about that.
    When I’m at home with no “anyone” to worry about, I still put my undies and socks on before my shirt and bobble hat.

DrJ

Bunch of repressed little boys!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This is where the psychological projection happens. Nothing like the simple, non-threatening, unclothed human form to function as a mirror for one’s own deepest fears, prejudices and predilections 😉 *

Xylene
    Free Member

Try going to a gym in South Korea – used to see the regulars blow drying their pubes with the communual hair drier

cookeaa

They’ve lost the insecurities of youth.

Then why are they going to a gym?

somafunk

Never been to a gym but what’s the fuss?, it’s a naked body….big deal.

One of my old school mates was brought up by his artist/bohemian parents in a massive country castle/house that functioned as an artists/musicians retreat, sort of a commune where everyone had certain tasks in the gardens/workshops or the fields. Admittingly the first time i stayed over for the school summer holidays I was sort of shocked to find folk walking about naked, doing the gardening naked and swimming naked in the private loch but after a few days in the heat of the summer i soon followed suite. There was absolutely nothing wierd or sexual about it in the slightest, from the age of 8 to 80 it didn’t matter.
    Looking back with the benefit of hindsight some of the folk staying there from all around the world had experienced the most unbelievably amazing lives and I just wish I had paid more attention to their tales and stories.

TooTall
    Free Member

It sounds as if a few people on here couldn’t go to the gym because their big bag of personal issues wouldn’t fit in the locker.

globalti
    Free Member

Marriage probably has a lot to do with it – one of the very few benefits of marriage is that Nature rewires your brian and pulls the plug on the insecurity bit. You no longer feel the need to compete with other blokes and compare yourself so you feel completely self-confident and relaxed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I was one a witness to some manscaping in a gym changing room.

he just left the cuttings lying there blowing round like tumble weed while he filled the air with lynx.

aerosol deoderants should be banned in the changig rooms.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m 40+ and don’t feel the need to get my nob out in front of other blokes, or my daughter (reference the other thread a week or two ago). And before anyone says anything, I’m probably just about the most sexually uninhibited bloke you could have the misfortune to meet

That’s your problem – you confuse nudity with sexuality. They are completely different things.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I go to the gym to use the climbing wall, and what annoys me are the people who change in the wall area rather than the changing rooms. This usually results in new climbers feeling uncomfortable, and the changers leaving their stuff strewn about like they own the place.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Prissy pompous twits.

It’s a changing room, it’s where you get changed to do “other stuff” 🙄

You think anyone GAS about you and your body?

Ohhh, you do 🙄

Sexuality and nudity differences aside, which I’m quite aware of thanks – seeing people naked/being naked outside of a sexual environment isn’t an issue. Hanging around in a gym changing room with yer wrinkly bits out for considerably longer than is necessary to get changed seems rather odd IMO

footflaps

They’ve lost the insecurities of youth. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Eventually you come to terms with what your knob looks like and stop worrying about it.

NB I am one of the older guys wandering around changing room naked chatting to people…

johndoh
    Free Member

What on earth is ‘longer than necessary’? You’re in a changing room getting changed. There is no need to prudishly hide it away as soon as you can, you get dressed in the same way you would normally do when being normal, not being hung-up about having no clothes on in front of someone else.

bearnecessities

Love the way these threads bring out the alpha males 😀

Joshvegas gets my vote for PM.

MrPottatoHead

I’ll be honest the only time I use the changing rooms at work is after my commute and this time of year my chap is playing hide and seek from the cold so my pants go on pretty quick. I’m definitely a grower not a shower.

mark90
    Free Member

I put my shirt on before my pants as I’m more embarrassed by my moobs and middle age spread being on show than my little winkie.

What on earth is ‘longer than necessary’? You’re in a changing room getting changed. There is no need to prudishly hide it away as soon as you can, you get dressed in the same way you would normally do when being normal, not being hung-up about having no clothes on in front of someone else.

Hanging around chatting isn’t getting dressed normally, is it?

jimjam
    Free Member

STW finds yet another subject to be bitterly divided about shocker. FWIW I don’t think anyone is saying they have a problem with nudity, or seeing other men naked, it’s the guys who “hang out” for inordinate amounts of time around the changing rooms and who are just a bit too comfortable being naked.

I don’t care if some oul guy’s got moobs, a distended gut and his balls are dangling around his knees but I don’t want to start a conversation with said guy, nor do I want to see him finish his post workout stretching right beside me. But like as not, that’s the guy who will be strutting about in the buff for the entire time it takes someone to get showered, dried, dressed and leave. You know who you are.

joshvegas
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    Love the way these threads bring out the alpha males
    Joshvegas gets my vote for PM.

If by PM you mean unelected dictator I tend to agree.

johndoh
    Free Member

Hanging around chatting isn’t getting dressed normally, is it?

Would you get dressed before talking to your wife?

vermillion
    Free Member

Jim jam knows what I’m talking about.

Would you get dressed before talking to your wife?

No, but if I did in in front of her sisters or friends I’m not too sure anyone would be overly impressed

Anway, jimjam has it covered

jimjam
    Free Member

vermillion

Jim jam knows what I’m talking about.

Wherever you go, the culprit will invariably look like this.

hora
    Free Member

Its a great place to go to thoroughly depress other males. 8)

isto
    Free Member

There is a big daddy lookalike in my gym who is usually walking about naked with flip flops when I enter the gym and is quite often still walking about naked with flip flops when I leave the gym. At no point do I ever see him enter said gym.

Also, unfortunately, I don’t think people drying themselves all over with a hairdryer is limited to South Korea. Towels aren’t obviously good enough for some people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Old men in gym changing rooms.’ is closed to new replies.