Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • campkoala
    Free Member

Ha ha I Just threw away $200000.
    Bought a 10 car garaged apartment then was confused when my upgraded (free) elegy wasn’t in the garage, bought another one drove to LS customs and spent $200000 re-upgrading to the same spec. A bit later I called the insurance company and they replaced the first one..
    I’d totally forgotten I’d totalled it the last time I played.

Oh.. Well.. Easy come… 😉

campkoala
    Free Member

Hmmm… Can’t work out how to sell it, Can’t gift it (I don’t think, anyway)..
    Just give me a shout if anyone wants to borrow it?
    Molgrips? You said you don’t have a good car didn’t you?
    seems a waste not to.. it’s pretty fast and fully armoured/pimped to L36 standards.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Riiiight, so crewmates show up as pink dots on the map, do they? Didn’t realise that. Thought it was someone with a bounty in their pocket. So rather than greeting BoardinBob with an invite, I shot him then ran him over.

Sorry mate.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d love a car! Have to buy a garage, but I. Can afford a cheap one. Downloading the update now, on in 5

samuri
    Free Member

lordy. I got half a million dollars!

I bought some apartment. Then died and died and died. Christ I got sick of that bloke. pffft!

molgrips
    Free Member

Good racing tonight thanks all. Session kept dropping out so I attempted to shop for apartments. Got one with a 6 car garage for $140k in East Vinewood, it’s tody enough. Also got a free sports car, which was nice, and I bought a bike.

Also may have unlocked survivor, will have to call Lester I think.

I may post pics of the gaff 🙂

campkoala
    Free Member

ztalin (dunno if you’re on here?) well and truely handed our asses to us racing tonight.. Good laugh. pity we didn’t get any 8 player races on the go, hopefully another night.
    still managed to re-coup most of the $200k I threw away and I just bought a supercar with tonights winnings, after alloys and a number plate I’m now too skint for any more upgrades.

popstar
    Free Member

Molgrips is the dirtiest racer ever. CampKoala is cheeky but races clean. I suspect Molgrips chooses cars for looks over function in races.
    I tried to copy CampKoala style in motorbike racing but didn’t fare that well. Ze Germans kept me mowing down on their buggies.
    There are some serious pilot skills in -Top fun- missions from PHUK crowd.

Need to figure out good spots in survival missions next time, before dragging newbies for fine selection of weapons and RP.

KampCoala, how come on starts you’re always shooting out furst? Ridiculous!

p.s. with love from motherland, yours Ztalin 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Damn I missed the flying ones.. Haad to go to bed!

popstar
    Free Member

Next time in -Top Fun- its better to team up with damnthegame, he knows the trick how to bomb.

molgrips
    Free Member

We kept inviting him to race. Lots of PHUKers didn’t accept our invites!

campkoala
    Free Member

Hi Poptart, good nights racing, cheers!
    Did you ever play Mario Cart games? GTA employs the same start boost bonus if you time your start right.
    Basically floor the accelerator right at the end of the countdown, Get it right, screen will change colour and you will catapult..
    When my kids were younger they refused to tell me how to get the start boost in mario cart and it took me ages working it out for myself, hold on.. WTF am I telling you? 😉 I haven’t lost so many races in one night ever before and I fear when we meet again it’s only gonna get harder now. 8)
    Gotta be cheeky playing against kids. 😛
    I’ll play dirty if everyone else is, it’s a proper PITA when you mess up or are taken out and are chasing back for the lead and some no hoper keeps trying to take you out for 3rd or 4th place. I generally race for first as do you!
    if you’re after quick money the prison one (forget the name) is another good one to play as a 1 lap race

Your mic seemed to work sometimes but very quiet and with a low tone effect on (so basically impossible to understand anything). you probably already know but mic settings are found in
    XMB > Settings > Accessory settings > Audio device settings

Molgrips, your wee headset isn’t great (neither is mine TBF) but it’ll be infinitely better than using the tv/cam or any other external source mic/speaker.. that’s usually where all the background noise (babies, wives, music etc.) comes from in multiplayer, well entertaining if you become party to a domestic but otherwise really really annoying.

I don’t know the maps in Survivor so it’s usually just luck if I find a decent spot, sometimes hold my own but usually pretty mediocre because of this.
    I haven’t even worked out the weapon control system yet on the flying missions.
    and haven’t done too many missions/heists. Drac/Marko seem pretty clued up on those

When you host and invite it will automatically invite any crew members and friends but they may be busy on a mission, in freeplay, their appartment, LAcustoms or even doing single player. lots of PHUK crew were on lastnight but only saw a handfull. it’s worth waiting for the full minute for more players to join. but check how many are actually playing in your online session first (hit down on the D-pad for the list to come up in game). sessions seemed pretty quiet last night, server issues? dunno?

Drac

The invite system is a pain it needs to highlight that it’s a crew request.

Damnthegame is one of the best game players I’ve experienced, was once one of the top Counter Strike players. He seems to be able to work out the aiming system very quickly on most games. He was one of best pilots on Desert Combat too so he carries that over onto GTA I find the flying very similar

Didn’t get on last night as came down with a migraine. Might be on tonight but I’m working tomorrow.

molgrips
    Free Member

I might be on, dunno.

Yes Koala my headset is shite to listen to as well, I think it may be faulty. Loads of crackles.Think I will take it back.

Drac

Blu tooth ones are shocking. You get cheap USB headsets for the PS3 which should be better.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a USB one for my PC may try it.

Drac

Worth a try but you may not get voice through it.

samuri
    Free Member

Did anyone else have issues tonight on the xbox? I couldn’t select weapons and had no crosshair.

Through a terrible set of unfortunate circumstances I ended up with 4 stars, an army of police tracking me down, holed up in an underground car park while I tried to pick off cops with guesswork.

It was fine went I changed to single player where I did the back country bank robbery. Awesome mission!!!

popstar
    Free Member

Thanks for advice, will try to sort out mic settings.

Koala you were king of racing tonight and those starts are sick! I hope Molgrips liked a bit of boost with -Coveted- mission. I guess bugger blew extra money on biatches, and ignored homies.

Next time need to drag newbies through survival mission to get weapons then grind -coveted mission- for RP and monies. My record is something about 5min for 12k dahlas.

[video]http://youtu.be/T_XEeIYwybY[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Pop star, I appreciated the many Gs you made me, was a bit of a spectator though doesn’t make much sense without sniper rifle.

I also learned that jet fighter deathmatch is absolutely brilliant 🙂

Some good fun messing about mostly being killed by grievous tim in a variety of ways too 🙂 a fun night.

campkoala
    Free Member

Easy money? just won Cycle race against 3 randoms down the beach for $13600 in 1min 41s D (more if you bet)

grievoustim
    Free Member

well that turned into a late night

thanks to Popstar for all the easy mission money

I was hopeless at the jet death matches – but still enjoyed it

I enjoyed shooting Molgrips over and over (he started it!)

Then lots of “just one more race”ing until gone 2am – I was awful! think the late night was taking its toll, but the muscle car racing and the track with the big jump were hilarious fun

legend
    Free Member

campkoala – Member
    Easy money? just won Cycle race against 3 randoms down the beach for $13600 in 1min 41s D (more if you bet)

Thought you were heading up north?

molgrips
    Free Member

Have done done muscle car racing.. Host it and invite me next time!

By the way, to host jobs without having to drive to the start blue circle, just press select, go to jobs and browse.

popstar
    Free Member

GreviousAustin at times I thought, you have a very matching name. If anyone fancy some boosting give me a shout. Could do survival -Boneyard- for weapons and then boosting missions. Koala ruled in racing last night, sorry for squeezing on jumpy race into bridge wall, i’ve never seen such an awful headsmash during overtake.

Had bollocking from wife, played 18.00-5.00
    I’m banned from TV.

Drac

Was a good laugh the deathmatch in the jets and the bike race.

At work until 10, well supposedly, so at least 22.45 before I get home so probably not on tonight.

popstar
    Free Member

Man, discovered that all powerlevelling I did is useless.

There is kind of GTA5 v2 to be experienced online! Will immerse into new experience, this is one of finest missions to be given out on phone. http://youtu.be/7vVt8VCj018.

I want to do da gaimz!

campkoala
    Free Member

Thought you were heading up north?

I was 🙁 umma fud! 😳

Popstar, how many levels did you level up by? my aim was to reach L50 which I did (no wife, no leash 😛 )
    No worries about the bridge slam, almost held back thinking it might be too tempting for you, PMSL when you closed the door. I think we’re pretty well matched at racing but different style of racer, think I take more risky lines while you’re more precise.
    Cheers for the easy money/XP on the cargo bob missions.
    next objective is to own an Entity XF and pimp it out, despite having 2 fully pimped out, I don’t actually get on too well with rhe handling of the Ellegy. wish you could trade them in.

still haven’t managed to steal anything from the military base, don’t know the layout or exactly where the heli/jets are so keep gettting blown up by tanks/shot.

trying to take me out with your jet rather than it’s weapons in that jet/land mission was well funny. 😆

campkoala
    Free Member

Man, discovered that all powerlevelling I did is useless.

Yeah, buying a turbo maxes out your acceleration once maxed the other upgrades do nothing AFAIK. nothing raises the top speed to max (not as far as L50 anyway)
    Brake upgrades seem pointless too.. I’ve spent over $100k on coloured smoke and xenon bulbs and nothing on brakes 😳

PMSL you’re not allowed to play but are allowed to watch videos of others playing, or are you being forced to? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Mrs Grips suggested we buy a blu-ray player so I could take the PS3 with me to my hotel during the week.. Love her 🙂

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I need to drag myself away from Gran Turismo and get more into this

campkoala
    Free Member

Gran turismo? Are you playing online or grinding out the final ridiculously long endurance races? Is there anything new worth having a look at? Been ages since I played.

campkoala
    Free Member

I haven’t ever watched a blu ray dvd, despite owning 2 ps3s 😯

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Well the playstation only got delivered last week and I’ve been moving house too so it’s all new to me. Not quite as much excitement as the original one but there is some pretty fun racing to be had. I found a seasonal even that pays over half a million dollers for 2nd place (haven’t managed to get first yet) so I just built up a load of money rather than win about 20k per race. Advantage is that I can afford any car or upgrade. Disadvantage is that I win most of the races very easily now. I need to downgrade some parts!
    Don’t have any internet at my new place so just singleplayer for me. Haven’t done any particularly long races yet.

Drac

Mrs Grips suggested we buy a blu-ray player so I could take the PS3 with me to my hotel during the week.. Love her

2nd PS3 it is then.

SamB
    Free Member

Have requested a crew invite – playing on 360 fairly regularly, up for most missions and stuff when I’m not trying to get a tank into my garage 😀

FTR: definitely worth maxing out engine AND turbo on your car. The ‘acceleration’ bar in Los Santos Customs only reflects the range for your current car. If you compare stats in the race lobby, you get the full range for that ‘class’ of car – and you can definitely spot the extra accel / top speed that the upgrades buy.

campkoala
    Free Member

Ah, ok.. GT5 single player was hard for me to get into at first, took far too long to get to interesting races/cars and felt far too close in game play to the original PS1 game but with long pointless waiting/selection screens added but by midway through it was great, they addressed a lot of those problems and adding the seasonal races made it much more playable.. When you get online you’ll find some of the clean racers insanely good and if you’re rabecausecing against custom cars you’ve often got no chance, they’ve often tuned them specifically for one or two circuits because of this, I only ever race dirty (no rules) races with the cars selected randomly from the same class online. Never did complete single player as the endurance races are far too long.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Racing dirty is the only way for me at the moment. Definitely not enough precision to do anything else!

Edit: yeah well after a day or 2 I got a better car and found the seasonal races. Entering a race for 500pp cars with a 460pp car pretty much doubles the already massive winnings, and also race experience so I am up to level 21 after only a few sessions! Seems like all the races and cars are on offer too as well.

campkoala
    Free Member

Pity you’re not online, if you send me a friend request I could “gift” you pretty much any car you wanted to make levelling up a little more ejoyable

GTA5 isn’t as good as GT5 for pure racing but it blows away NFS most wanted for fun racing/stunts (burnout paradise still beats it too other than the dated graphics) .

GT6 should be out very soon, can’t say I have any interest in it unless they’ve got completely different tracks (which I doubt very much)

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Very nice of you to offer. With a new house, burst boiler, leaky roof, and imminent emigration to France I don’t really have that much time for games at the moment anyway!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.