Home Forums Bike Forum Gravel 650b tyre inserts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Gravel 650b tyre inserts
  • MadBillMcMad

Following on from the general rim protection thread this is for gravel specifically.

I am (hopefully) going to be entering the world of gravel in about two weeks time all being well. It’s coming with 650b wheels and Race King TR ProTection 27.5 x 2.2 tyres with tubes. The rims are hope fortus 26wide.

I will immediately convert to tubeless but should I get some inserts now while everything is new, round and dent free.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yes, rimpact do them, pedalled home a few times on the insert when its been cold and wet and couldnt be bothered or couldnt fix

ps. the last time i decided my alloy rims would be fine was when i got rimpact on the friday and an event at the weekend, didnt have time, dented the rim on a water bar

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I found inserts actually more useful on the gravel bike – especially front wheel – than MTB. The tyres aren’t as tough, there’s more weight on the front end and as my gravel is quite chunky (one could almost say hardcore…), I got a lot of front wheel pinches if I got a bit over-sendy.

I’m running a gravel Rimpact on my current 700C bike, but used a Vittoria cut-to-length one when I had 650b.

MadBillMcMad

Ooooo, I best make my mind up. Just had an email saying delivery this Thursday.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.