Home Forums Chat Forum GPS issues – file not loading in full on garmin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • GPS issues – file not loading in full on garmin
  • Matt_SS_xc

Hi all
    Currently out here in Ainsa. Having some gps issues.
    When I download the. Gpx file from zonazero website the route shows in full on my OS app. It does not show in full on Garmin Connect so when i try to send it to the device i only get some of the route.
    Strangely, some gpx from the same website work fine.
    Is this something i can fix or more a problem with their website? (on holiday so no access to a laptop, only my phone)
    Thanks

xora

Could be too many waypoints, I seem to recall some Garmins have a relatively small number allowed!

johnnystorm

Is the file a “route” as opposed to a track? Could it have exceeded your garmin’s capacity for waypoints?

Can you upload it into bikehike.co.uk or ridewithgps.com and then export out as a track to try that?

*darn, too slow!*

gallowayboy

You need to save the “route” as a “track” on Garmin Basecamp (other softwares may also do this) before uploading it to your device. it strips it back to the basic line you need to follow to navigate, no waypoints.
    I routinely forget and recently convinced myself my aging etrex was borked – i’d accidentally loaded a route rather than a track.
    Edit too slow as well….

Flaperon

Upload it to RideWithGPS and export again as GPX track, but tick the “reduce waypoints” box.

There’s probably a third party website that can do this for you (reducing the waypoints).

If you have a laptop with you then try copying the GPX directly to the Garmin/NewFiles folder on the device itself. I find Garmin Connect ropey at the best of times and it frequently sicks up routes that other apps don’t mind.

Matt_SS_xc

It worked! Bikehike was the solution. Thank you so much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GPS issues – file not loading in full on garmin’ is closed to new replies.